Quantcast Rides they should get rid of - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

MK - Stitch, Tomorrowland Speedway
    AK - Everything in Dinoland except Dinosaur
    DS - American Idol and Sounds Dangerous (not really rides, but gotta go)
    EP - Ellen's Energy Adventure
    Caribbean Beach August 1992
    Pop Century March 2008
    Beach Club April 2010
    Vero/BLT August 2011
    VWL July 2012

Next trip - Beach Club August 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Future World in general just about needs a do over. I realize the original concept of corporate sponsored pavallions showcasing technical innovations fell apart but it was a good idea and gave us a much better park than what we have today. The main problem obviously is that what is futuristic today is hokie tommarow so in order to make it REALLY work your talking about near constant updates which is why the Future World I grew up on has been replaced by generic (if very well done) theme park attractions. I think there is an answer to making Future World truely a cutting edge innovation expo that is still a fun and exciting theme park expirience that will draw in the crowds without being completely cost prohibitive.

Post Thanks / Like

MK -Stitch!

Epcot - Captain EO!!! I really wish Disney would re-make Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie and then re-make the attraction at Epcot. I LOVE Disney 3D (or 4D). Anway, that's my wish. That's it. Too much to ask?

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariak View Post
    Epcot - Captain EO!!! I really wish Disney would re-make Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie and then re-make the attraction at Epcot. I LOVE Disney 3D (or 4D). Anway, that's my wish. That's it. Too much to ask?

Maria
    Captain EO needs to be replaced... but with something that is as big of a deal now as Captain EO was in 1986. Keep in mind that aside from being a vehicle for Michael Jackson (back when he was cool) Captain EO was produced by George Lucas and directed by Francis Ford Coppola featured cutting edge 3D tech that wouldn't be surpassed for 20 years and was minute-for-minute the most expensive film ever made. It's needs to be replace by something on that same kind of level. Basically start with James Cameron and gogillion dollars or don't bother.

Post Thanks / Like

Just one:
    Stitch's great escape

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta go with Stitch on this one...but i also think that each of my kids have their own favorites that may not be the rest of the family's..one of them loves the swiss family treehouse...personally i could do without...but as one poster said earlier if they are in line it means they arent where I am heading....very good logic
    As of Dec 06 we are now 7
    Off site 1982
    Off site 1983
    Caribbean Beach 1989
    Pop Century 2004 (DW's first visit)
    Caribbean Beach 2006

Contemporary CL Youngests first trip December 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dino-land

I know that a lot of you dislike the dinosaur area in Animal Kingdom. I am not necessarily a lover of it at face value, but Jack Spence wrote a blog about the back story to this area and it is amazing. It gives me a new respect for the space and the detail the imagineers put into it.

I am looking forward to re-visiting and checking out the details....

Anyway, thought you might find it of interest.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch, without a doubt.

My kids love the Speedway so I don't want that to go.

I'm not a big fan of Lights!Motor!Action! but it was worth seeing it once. Skipping that makes fitting everything we want in one day at DHS.

My kids also love Captain EO. And Ellen was actually one of my kids favorite rides! I enjoy it too, but do think it could use a little updating.

So, just Stitch for getting completely rid of it. There are some rides that I'd love to see updated though.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want them to get rid of anything ... just add new stuff. I even love the things that I don't think are very good. Not very realistic, but that would be my personal preferance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debbymc4 View Post
    Tomorrowland Speedway is one of my favorites from my childhood....great memories of riding it with my dad. I'm always against ditching the old rides because of memories. I'd be in favor of changing them to electric vehicles, though, based on the suggestion to make them quieter. More environmentally friendly, too!

I'm not a fan of the Stich attraction, but the Alien Encounter was absolutely terrifying. Let's not bring that thing back!!!
    I totally agree with this first part. I'd never be on board with ditching things like Muppets 3D (I have always loved this) and CBJ. Nostalgia for the win.

Also, I'm not a fan of Stitch... glad we're all on the same page. I'd have no qualms about it being replaced with something new... or even resurrecting AE.

However, in the realm of things being brought back to life-- Captain EO. WORST RIDE IN DISNEY HISTORY... and they brought the terrible thing back. Considered leaving half-way through on my last trip. :P
    Last edited by DisneyDawgette; 11-19-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Already Mentioned
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about thinking in a replacement, or even a "reinvented" version.

MK:
    Tomorrowland speedway: never liked, I think they shold reinvent it,with the basic idea but new features to get real fun
    Stitch's great escape: No idea why they replaced the Alien with the Stitch concept (copyrights?) but they should go back to the alien version.

Epcot:
    universe of energy: With the all new things we see in other parks, and the new knowledge about energy and that stuff, it should be not replaced, but "reloaded" with new features and a new film.

Studios:
    American idol. In this case, get rid of this! I never found this compatible with Walt Disney philosophy.

I read about some people dislike Small World. Forget it! It's a Disney landmark. It's unthinkable to replace it. I understand not everybody likes it, but it can't be a candidate to replace.
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

MK: Stitch - I've never been on it but I've heard negative things about it. I walked into the show area when it first opened and 'chickened out' because I thought it was going to look completely different than it looked.

EPCOT: UoE - The show is 45 minutes too long. We always skip it because it takes up so much of our time and I personally think it needs some updating.
    Wonders of Life Pavillion - This is on my list of things Disney should reopen. The building is just sitting there collecting dust when they spent over thousands of dollars to keep it opened.
    Captain EO - I'm sure that it was a loved attraction when it first opened but now it is outdated. Something else should go in there.
    The shows that are in each country should close too I think. I'm pretty sure a ton of people skip them (including my mom and I).

DHS: LMA - If you are there at the right time of the day you get sweltered by heat and sun beating down on you. Add in flames from the show and you are dying from heat stroke. I personally think that is not the right area for that attraction.

If you don't agree, I'm sorry. This is just what I think needs to go. I definitely agree that before they close an attraction they should create a suitable replacement so then the area is not just sitting there collecting dust.
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

My boys love Primeval Hurl! Stitch has got to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Great thread & great debates--although I've only been to MGM & ak once (despite probably 15 trips in 41 years ....)

Mk:
    1. Tomorrowland speedway--never understood this ride. Kids love it (as did I my first trip at 6 yrs old, but ive only been on it once)!
    2. Stich--understand trying to find a Place for stich in the mk, but I feel as if it's a reach ...
    (always will miss mr toad & capt nemo & now snow white)...
    Epcot
    1. Universe of energy--didn't like it Pre Ellen & don't care for it now.
    Haven't been on the new river Of time ride but I miss the original! Also miss body wars.
    Animal kingdom
    1. Like many others primeval whirl...
    MGM
    so unfamiliar with this park, just didn't do anything for me....I'll go with great movie ride.

I don't have a problem with the carpet ride in mk because I do see a fit (even if it's somewhat of a reach it's a fit). And sorry for hijacking the thread a bit ... But I'll always miss some attractions that have moved on!
    Last trip: Rosen Centre New Years Eve!

Next Trip: Summer 2013

Off site 6 times between 77-98

CBR 12/99
    Boardwalk 8/02
    Contemporary Tower & GF 7/03
    Beach Club 12/04
    Yacht Club & Poly 1/05
    WL 5/05
    Radisson Celebration 6/06
    Radisson Celebration 6/08
    Swan 8/10
    Dolphin 6/11

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't get rid of much but mostly "revamp" a lot of things. I think that AK needs some work, but I wouldn't say get rid of anything.
    5/98- CB
    5/00- DL
    5/03- POR
    5/05- POR
    5/06- SSR
    11/06- BIRTHDAY TRIP! SSR
    7/07- OKW
    5/08- SSR
    12/08- YBC
    11/09- SWEET 16! SSR
    7/10- PC
    7/11- SSR

Post Thanks / Like

MK -Stitch
    Tomorrowland Speedway
    EPCOT - Circle of Life
    Horizon
    DHS - lights, motor, action
    Sounds Dangerous
    AK - pretty much all of din-o-rama
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never actually been on teacups or astro orbitor so I wouldn't care if they took them away.....but I can understand why others would like them.

Sounds Dangerous could go bye bye! It's lame.
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

The new Legend of Jack Sparrow at Hollywood studios was horrible. My 12 and 10' year old did not care for it at all. Stitch has got to go.

Post Thanks / Like

None! Stop Avatarland! That's pretty much it. And I'd like to see the Speedway turned into something to do with Cars

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Fun topic, but honestly, I hate every time an attraction leaves.

Primeval Whirl is a ton of fun. I went on it Monday with DW and 2 of our friends (4 adults). We all laughed and had a great time.

I think the only ride/attraction that may get an almost unanimous vote to let it go would be Stitch.

Just my 2 cents.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: