Quantcast Job hunting in Florida

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Job hunting in Florida

DH and I are planning on moving to Florida in January . And I wanted to ask, do most companies including the big companies reject applicants that are out of town? DH can work contract with his job till he finds a more permanent position out there, but we were wondering if he should even try sending out resumes in December or early January before we move or wait till we are local.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My company does not reject out of town applicants.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's really company and job type specific. Disney for example will fly down highly qualified applicants to interview for higher-level positions but if someone is applying at an entry-level they really need to be present. It's the same with others, if you're applying for jobs that are entry level or lower on the pay scale the resume will probably head straight to the recycling bin but if you're applying for higher level professional jobs there's no reason to wait until you've moved down.

Post Thanks / Like

My company has hired quite a few out of town applicants lately.

We are a healthcare organization- we have hospitals, physicians, diagnostics and even a health plan. We interview and will hire qualified applicants no matter from where they are applying from. We have had phone interviews, or for the higher level positions- we have even flown in the applicants.

ETA: The earlier you start sending out your resume the better. The job market is not great here right now, and it may take time to find what you are looking for.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

I work in information technology, and have been in this particular field (software development) for over 12 years. I have Bachelor's and Master's degrees in my discipline as well.

I've been putting out a few resumes off and on, as we're really not looking to make a move until January. I'm trying to be a little selective right now, but if one of the jobs that I've applied for hits, then I'd take it.

That being said, I'm trying to network right now. Finding people that I either already know who live in the area or connecting with some that I may not know directly, but might be able to help.

Oh, and I'm the OPs husband. Guess I should have made that clear.
    Nothing is impossible, it just hasn't been done yet!

CosmicRay's DH
    DVC Member since 2010 (Saratoga Springs)

Been there more times than I can count. Used to be close enough to watch the fireworks every night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizHawk View Post
    I work in information technology, and have been in this particular field (software development) for over 12 years. I have Bachelor's and Master's degrees in my discipline as well.
    Don't know if you or CosmicRay saw my post on another thread but I ran across Disney listings this morning for 18 IT positions. Maybe something for you?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: