Quantcast Bear in the Big Blue House

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bear in the Big Blue House

Hey out there, it's been a while. So I just read today that Bear in the Big Blue House will be returning with new episodes this November to Disney Channel. With this announcement I wonder if we'd ever see a return of Bear to Disney Jr. Live on Stage. His previous show there was a favorite of my kids (and my wife and I) so naturally we would like this. What do you guys think?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Bear in the Big Blue House! My daughter couldn't wait to see it when she was little! I'm so excited to hear the news!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hooray! My oldest DD (17) used to watch this show, and I'm SO excited to hear it's returning since I'd love our newest addition to enjoy this show too (youngest DS just turned 1). Yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, loved Bear in the Big Blue House. It was my 12 year old son's favorite Disney show when he was little. I think it would be great to see a return of some of the better Disney Channel shows.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I remember being there when my now 17 year old was four. When Bear hit the stage it was like the Beatles came out. Those kids went crazy. My normally very reserved, quiet kid leapt to her feet, danced, sang and interacted with the group. I support any return of Bear. He was awesome.

Sadly the woman who voiced Luna died in 2003. I loved her voice and character.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Bear here too. My son was born at the tail end of Bear (he is about to turn 7) and we used to watch Breakfast with the Bear every morning before I took him to day care. We saw Bear once or twice before they removed him from the Playhouse Disney show. I'm looking forward to my daughter being able to watch it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I used to watch that show when I was little! I'm glad they are bringing it back for other kids to experience!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

Well, shoot. If I'd known this last week, I would've picked up that Bear costume hanging at a yard sale this weekend. For my son, of course.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

DD15 (16 on Sunday) loved Bear. She would go around the house 'sniffing' and I could never figure out why until one day I caught the beginning of the show and Bear sniffing. Such a cute show. She loved that one and Rollie Polie Ollie. And she was in heaven when she saw them in person on her first trip to WDW.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

All my kids loved Bear. We have almost all the DVDs. We had one leftover from my DSs. My DD(2) loved it. We had to get some DVDs since it is the only show she wants to watch now.

We have the cutest pictures from when my DS was about 11 months old at the Bear in the Big Blue house show at Hollywood Studios.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I've been able to find online about this is an uncited reference in a Wikipedia article. With it being about a month away, I would think you'd be able to find at least an official announcement from Disney somewhere online.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Playhouse Disney is one of those attractions that I dread the moment I walk into the park. But if they brought back Bear in the Big Blue House I would once again go with my kids. My DD15 loved it when she was a kid and I have to admit it was the only kids show that I could stomach. When put next to Teletubbies and Barney, Bear reminded me of Clint Eastwood! lol. I didn't mind going to Playhouse Disney when Bear was in da house!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Cool ... Love Bear!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    The only thing I've been able to find online about this is an uncited reference in a Wikipedia article. With it being about a month away, I would think you'd be able to find at least an official announcement from Disney somewhere online.
    I'm not sure what's with the lack of press, but it was the same way when they brought PB&J Otter back to DisJr.

I read it on an uncited Wiki page and kind of doubted it, but then all of a sudden it was back so ...
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVED Bear!! Our oldest DD (now 12) used to love watching it. Our DD8 watched it just a little bit, and we all loved him in the show at HS. Didn't know they brought back PB&J Otter! Loved them too!

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Well, shoot. If I'd known this last week, I would've picked up that Bear costume hanging at a yard sale this weekend. For my son, of course.
    I still have one in my basement in storage. My DS5 wore it when he was 3 and he didn't even know who Bear was at the time. I guess I'll continue to hold onto it in case Bear is popular again!
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm not sure what's with the lack of press, but it was the same way when they brought PB&J Otter back to DisJr.

I read it on an uncited Wiki page and kind of doubted it, but then all of a sudden it was back so ...
    I noticed PB&J was on the other night and had no idea it was coming back. I'm hoping my 5 yr old son will watch it when it's on. He's a big fan of Jake and Doc McStuffins. He likes Gravity Falls, but hasn't made the full transition to Disney Channel like his older brother yet....
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to say that I'm just thrilled with Disney Junior, I really am. Our twins are just two and they are both absolutely loving all the shows DD10 loved when she was their age.

They are so into JoJo and Rolie Polie Ollie and Little Einsteins it's just adorable. They make us put on a JoJo DVD every time we take a ride in the car!

And they also absolutely love Doc McStuffins. They call her "Stuffins" and when it comes on they're go crazy, "Daddy!! STUFFINS!! IT'S STUFFINS!!!"
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: