Quantcast Need a pick me up

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Need a pick me up

I am so sad right now . I wanted to plan a trip for next fall but our finances just won't allow any trips for possibly the next few years. It is so hard as I really need a WDW fix and know I won't be getting one soon. Coming on the boards makes me even more sad as everyone is going or has been and having so much fun. Oh well, back to work, I just had to vent as I know you all would understand.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a surprise change of circumstances will pop up? I'm sorry. It's never fun to be home missing Disney. We had some lean years and missed lots of time in our happy place. I definitely understand.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there. After our trip in May of 2006, DH told me no more Disney trips until we had zero debt and had a generous down payment for a new house. We ended up paying everything we owed in less than a year, and DH let me and my mom take our kids to WDW in Feb. of 2007, and then we went again as a family for Thanksgiving of 2007, and still bought our new house in April of 2008.

Back in 2006 I can't even express how much it felt like it was going to be impossible to ever make it back, but we did it. You just never know what the future will hold. Good luck, and I hope you find yourself back in your happy place sooner than you think.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, duplicate post.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry. We're heading into some leaner times as well and I think we'll need to cut back on our trips for a while. The thought of that is just so sad for me. So I definitely understand! Unfortunately the economy has just taken a toll on so many people in this country.
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I clearly remember our Aug 2008 trip to AK; my DH told our DD to make sure "mommy" had a good time this trip because it was more than likely our last one for several years...that was 4 or 5 trips ago! Don't give up hope.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Also, as hard as it is sometimes to see so many other people excited and on the way when you can't be, it really helps me to stay connected through this site. I feel like I know exactly what's going on in the parks through trip reports and updates. It's like traveling by proxy, which is still better than not being there at all. And youtube videos and park music helps too. Just keep reminding yourself that this too shall pass and you will be back, even if it takes awhile. And how sweet that day will be when it comes!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that you can't go to WDW right now but you are not alone!! When my daughter was little I always wanted to take her but could never afford it as a single mom (working & going to college). I was sad for her but there was nothing I could do but keep my head down & keep on plugging knowing one day we would go! We would do little things like order pizza and watch a Disney movie, etc. Then... YEARS later when we were finally able to go it was SO magical and very much worth the wait!!

Don't give up hope! Something may change and you may be able to go sooner than you think!

Until then... here is a little MAGIC to help see you through
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up!!! We have had some lean years, and we don't go to Disney every year, but staying on Intercot gives us that Disney fix and chatting with people who understand!!!

Personally, I think the economy is in the toilet, and although the unemployment rate is down, I think it's because people have maxed out of their benefits. The job market is tough!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Trips

Sorry to hear that. I am not sure how big your group is as far as costs go but always look for Disney discounts at the resorts thourhgout the year espeically taking a close look at off peak times. I just booked a value for January for $76.00 a night. SWA out of Pittsburgh has periodic pop up airfare sales. I just saw one for $73.00 each way to Orlando direct from Pittsburgh. Here is hoping that you get there sooner than later!
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Keep your chin up... as you can see here, many of us have had to cut back on our trips, or not go at all for awhile, to get ahead, or at least get things sorted.

We, too, are ones that have taken a year off to focus on other things, and are heading into another time-period where our trips will become fewer (or seriously shorter) as we prepare to send our oldest off to college in a few years. It all comes down to priorities, and as much as we ALL want our Disney trips to be #1, the sad reality is that for most of us, they can't be. But like so many others said, that just means that when we DO get to go, it's that much sweeter!

Just keep coming here to get your fix, take time off from it if it gets to be too much... many of us have stepped away and come back just b/c it's hard sometimes to be here when you're really, SERIOUSLY missing it... but we always come back, and it is such a help to have everyone.

You're probably making wise choices, and they will pay you back...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to downplay your sorrows at all, but there is a silver lining! Since you live in Bethel Park, you have Kennywood!!! Not the same, I know, but it's still one of my favorite destinations!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: