Quantcast Life After Top Chef

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Life After Top Chef

Anyone else seen the promos for this? It premieres tonight. They might be going to the well a bit much but the Top Chef franchise but I wouldn't expect anything else from Bravo.

This has two of my favorites Richard Blaise and Fabio along with Jen Carroll and Spike. I think I am going to DVR it tonight.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love Top Chef, love Fabio, like Richard and Jen, so-so on Spike, but I have no interest in watching this. Not sure why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think I am going to DVR it tonight.
    I KNOW I'm going to DVR it. I've been a junkie of Top Chef, Master Chef, Extreme Chef, Chopped, 3 Days to Open w/Bobby Flay, anything about chefs. So I'm one of those people who never thinks Bravo is overdoing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Love Top Chef, love Fabio, like Richard and Jen, so-so on Spike, but I have no interest in watching this. Not sure why.
    I'm feeling the same way Mel, and I can't figure it out. I love Richard, but just can't get excited about this one. I may tune in just to see if I change my mind, but right now, I'm just not feeling it!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    I'm feeling the same way Mel, and I can't figure it out. I love Richard, but just can't get excited about this one. I may tune in just to see if I change my mind, but right now, I'm just not feeling it!
    I think it's just too much....Top Chef.....Top Chef All Stars.....Life After Top Chef.

The Bravo Network does nothing but recycle all of their shows. It gets old and boring after a while.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it last night and found it rather interresting on the level of seeing how chefs can run their restaurants. And here comes the but.........Bravo is up to their usual tricks, making people look bad. Fabio - in love with himself. Jen - a loser when it comes to getting her own restaurant up and running. RIchard very snarky and not a person I'd want to be around. Spike - lucky he has a family to help run his business (maybe $$$ backing???). Just my .
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I think it's just too much....Top Chef.....Top Chef All Stars.....Life After Top Chef.
    Don't forget Top Chef Just Desserts.

It is too much. I'll watch this if I come across it in reruns, but I'm not going to TiVo it.

Post Thanks / Like

Globbing onto this thread--my manager told me he and his wife just booked a Top Chef cruise for April. Anyone else going on that?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Globbing onto this thread--my manager told me he and his wife just booked a Top Chef cruise for April. Anyone else going on that?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

The Bravo Network does nothing but recycle all of their shows. It gets old and boring after a while.
    I think so too. I watched. No need to watch again. Just wasn't that interesting to me.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude we have a beating a dead horse smiley?? How cool! (Um I DVR'd it but I may or may not watch.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I started watching then got interrupted. What I saw was okay. I put it in the category of if I needed something to watch and nothing better was on I'd watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it, and I enjoyed it. I actually thought they should do a show like this for a while... I like the follow-ups. I think it's interesting to see more of what life as an actual chef is like, out of the competition element. They chose 4 interesting people who are involved in completely different things- Fabio has worked his charm and made a lot of money off of endorsements to help finance his restaurant, Spike is in business with his family who obviously have some $$ doing slightly more upscale versions of standard American fare (Burgers, fries, pizza), Richard is the ethical guy who doesn't want to be a sell-out and is in the middle of getting together a new restaurant while trying to balance family life, and Jen is back at square 1 struggling to get investors for her restaurant after she parted ways with old ones. I think they are all interesting stories and so far I'm enjoying it better than Top Chef Just Desserts, at least

As for the cruise thing, I guess cruising is really popular. I always hear advertisements for cruises with sports stars, radio hosts, even Real Housewives. Hey, get it while you can I say.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: