Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - October 31-Nov 16, 2012 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Unfortunately not. Can't afford it this time. I did everything to try to make it work, but just couldn't swing it. I would love to get to hang with you all at ICOT15.
    Aw, disappointing! I thought you'd be there. Next time!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Next time!
    Absolutely! I'll look forward to it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a problem that this is the first thread I check every day?

Post Thanks / Like

No. It's a sign of wisdom.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

The 12z models don't post until around noon CDT so 12:30-12:45 is usually the earliest I can get a forecast up. Once we go back to standard time, that will get an hour bump since the models are on zulu time and not impacted by daylight savings. So, if you get on before noon CDT, check another thread and then come here.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Not in my world, I do it, too!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately not. Can't afford it this time. I did everything to try to make it work, but just couldn't swing it. I would love to get to hang with you all at ICOT15.
    Darn.... ... was hoping we'd finally get to meet you!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we're still looking good for ICOT15!

Let me ask you something: How do "ZIP code" sites like Accuweather get their information compared to how you get yours? For instance, Accuweather is showing "rain" for next Saturday and Sunday. I have learned from experience to always trust you over them. But why is that?

Post Thanks / Like

But why is that?
    All of the "fill-in-your-zip-code" site base their forecasts on 1 set of computer generated algorithms. There is no human interaction whatsoever. 1 model prints out its statistics and that gets plugged in to the site. I, on the other hand (as well as any real meteorologist out there) use several models. Each model has its strengths and weaknesses. Models even go through "hot" and "cold" streaks like an athlete. Through a lot of experience you learn to recognize patterns, which models are performing the best at the moment, etc. You just don't get that with Accuweather, Weather.Com, etc. Of course, I'm wrong sometimes, too, and I try to learn from that and do better next time.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 20-Nov 5, 2012

Chris: The single zip code sites have predicted several rain days for the last week of October when I will be visiting WDW with 8 family and friends. My daughter has been carefully following your forecast and said until Stormchaser predicts rain I will not get my feathers ruffled. Lo and Behold, today Accuweather predicts stellar weather for the last week of October with rain on Nov. 1. We will still be there on the first. Are you still predicting the rain will come in a bit after the first?

Post Thanks / Like

We'll see what the afternoon models have to say, but right now I don't see a significant rain threat for WDW until after Nov 1. I can rarely rule out those little brief pop-up showers, but in terms of an actual rain event, nothing until after Nov 1.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 20-Nov 5, 2012

We'll see what the afternoon models have to say, but right now I don't see a significant rain threat for WDW until after Nov 1. I can rarely rule out those little brief pop-up showers, but in terms of an actual rain event, nothing until after Nov 1.
    Great - thanks...will look forward to seeing what the afternoon models have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good for the weekend I hope its cooler at night for the MNSSHP
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm driving to WDW on Friday. I hope the tropical stuff stays off shore. I had to drive through too many storms getting to WDW this year.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    I'm driving to WDW on Friday. I hope the tropical stuff stays off shore. I had to drive through too many storms getting to WDW this year.
    I think you'll be fine. If it does come ashore I think it'll be further up the Atlantic coast. Though the possibility exists, I really don't think it'll impact Florida.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

We are coming down from PA on Thursday/Friday morning so I'm hoping we don't find anything significant.....sounds like once we get there the week will be nice!! Thanks for ordering up the nice weather until after we begin our journey back home!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, can I ask a "personal" question re: TS Sandy? My MiL is on a cruise, settled in Bermuda, I believe she is cruising home Fri/Sat. Keep hearing the storm is making a direct track that way... what are your thoughts?? I know ships are very good at avoiding trouble, or staying in port... so not terribly worried, just curious. (Okay, maybe a teensy bit worried... )

And a "travelling home from ICOT 15" question... how bad do you think air flights are going to be up to NY on Monday?? My DH is supposed to fly out at 8:30am, through JFK to Syracuse... I'm a direct flight at 8pm.

so much, I really appreciate any input...
    Blythe

Past trips -

Next -

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - October 24-Nov 9, 2012

Another question (s) Chris: We are flying into MCO early Friday morning. What impact do you think this storm might have on our flight. Also, are you predicting rain on Friday and Saturday or rain Friday with winds and just strong winds on Saturday without rain? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Should I be worried my flight will be cancelled on Monday? I"m headed to Syracuse, NY. I've never had to deal with severe weather while traveling before and I hope it won't be that bad...
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Should I be worried my flight will be cancelled on Monday?
    Unfortunately, yes. it looks like this system will be at full power and impacting the Atlantic coast on Monday. It will cause tremendous havoc with air travel. I would prepare for the possibility of cancellations. Honestly, if you could extend your vacation another day or two that would be a great idea. This still isn't 100%, but it's a good bet.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Another question (s) Chris: We are flying into MCO early Friday morning. What impact do you think this storm might have on our flight. Also, are you predicting rain on Friday and Saturday or rain Friday with winds and just strong winds on Saturday without rain? Thanks
    I don't think you'll have a problem getting in tomorrow morning. The system, however, continues to shift a little more west and the circulation is huge so expect high winds, rain, and thunderstorms over WDW tomorrow afternoon through Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon should be just windy. Hopefully it'll stay more east and the impact won't be much but that doesn't look likely right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Chris, can I ask a "personal" question re: TS Sandy? My MiL is on a cruise, settled in Bermuda, I believe she is cruising home Fri/Sat. Keep hearing the storm is making a direct track that way... what are your thoughts??

And a "travelling home from ICOT 15" question... how bad do you think air flights are going to be up to NY on Monday?? My DH is supposed to fly out at 8:30am, through JFK to Syracuse... I'm a direct flight at 8pm.
    Most all cruise lines are putting their hurricane plans into action right now. This is a VERY nasty storm so they'll get out of the way while they can. Your mom will be fine. They are very used to this, but it will alter her vacation. Bermuda will be on the "bad" side, so they'll want to get the ships out of the way and back to port ASAP.

As for you, as I said above, Monday will be a nightmare in the NE. The storm should hit on Monday and there really could be a lot of cancellations unless the GFS is right and it goes farther north. That's possible, but doesn't look likely. I would start considering alternative plans right now. Maybe stay an extra day or two.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: