Quantcast Is Polynesian DVC definite?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Polynesian DVC definite?

While we were there the last 2 weeks we kept hearing that Polynesian will be the next DVC addition and that it is a definite deal. Has this been confirmed or is it a rumor? I don't remember reading this or hearing about this although I know Poly will be getting a refurb but that was all I had heard.
    Just wondering if I missed this info.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't miss anything. Remains to be a rumor for now.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We know it will happen eventually even if it isn't official. That's where DH and I will buy into DVC.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Because of the nature of time shares, I believe there's a point where it can be announced.

Since every other deluxe has DVC associated with it, and it in effect costs Disney nothing to operate, I think you can be pretty sure that it will get DVC at some point. Next? Well, there is a pesky rumor that pops up putting something where River Country was. Since a lot of the infrastructure is there (like electricity, sewers, etc) there's something to that location as well.

It's coming to WDW at some point, that you can bank on. They still need to finish selling AKL and then GF. Not sure if they want anything competing with HI either, but it does take a while to build something.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will start seeing some sort of DVC prep soon... With construction by the end of 2013, early 2014... Probably 2014...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I think you will start seeing some sort of DVC prep soon... With construction by the end of 2013, early 2014... Probably 2014...
    Perhaps, but there has been talk for a few weeks that the DVC idea will not proceed. It's hard to find a place to put it apparently because of the limited land. Building a large enough DVC to make it worthwhile while putting minimum impact on the current hotel's occupancy size is a problem.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Of all possible DVC sites, I would think a Poly DVC would be easiest to sell. I could also see it as a way to sell GF DVC as companion MK resorts on the monorail line.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is interesting. And I just had a blast from the past when you mentioned river country! I remember hurting my shoulder there when I was 8 years old on the rope swing lol.
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Of all possible DVC sites, I would think a Poly DVC would be easiest to sell. I could also see it as a way to sell GF DVC as companion MK resorts on the monorail line.
    Yep, it would be a natural from a sales perspective and I agree with you. The problem is space. There is very little at the Poly compared to other spots. GF had a huge green area that just needed some expansion and a large spot was available near CR that minimally affected CR's occupancy. If the can fit in a large enough impact without significantly affecting one of their most popular resorts they'd do it, but it is a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Perhaps, but there has been talk for a few weeks that the DVC idea will not proceed. It's hard to find a place to put it apparently because of the limited land. Building a large enough DVC to make it worthwhile while putting minimum impact on the current hotel's occupancy size is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Yep, it would be a natural from a sales perspective and I agree with you. The problem is space. There is very little at the Poly compared to other spots. GF had a huge green area that just needed some expansion and a large spot was available near CR that minimally affected CR's occupancy. If the can fit in a large enough impact without significantly affecting one of their most popular resorts they'd do it, but it is a problem.
    Space could be a reason they did balloon height testing.... A new tower type of building constructed for Poly DVC units... Wouldn't shock me in the least...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I would love a DVC resort at the Poly and will be buying into there if it happens. Please please please put one there.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Space could be a reason they did balloon height testing.... A new tower type of building constructed for Poly DVC units... Wouldn't shock me in the least...
    It wouldn't shock me either but IMO would really look out of place in the Poly setting.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    It wouldn't shock me either but IMO would really look out of place in the Poly setting.
    I agree with you... It would look really out of place... The only way it would work is if they demolished the current Poly... I don't know if I see them doing this though...

Post Thanks / Like

If this rumor is true, I might finally buy into DVC. I would love the Hawaiian feel everytime I go to WDW. And maybe it would get my wife off my back about going to the real Hawaii all the time. But I doubt it.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you... It would look really out of place... The only way it would work is if they demolished the current Poly... I don't know if I see them doing this though...
    The Poly seems so small in relation to the GF & CR .....

I don't see how they'd fit a separate DVC there.

Now what would make some sense (to me at least) is - converting the Poly entirely to all DVC .... Not sure what would happen to Ohana, Kona Cafe or the Luau - as they would be big perks - the other all DVC properties (SSR & OKW) don't have.....

Interesting thoughts everyone......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen speculation that the Luau Cove area would be where the DVC building would take place, that Luau Cove would be going and Aoteroa would become DVC. Also, that the GCH would be extended and the current structure rebuilt. But then, you see all kinds of speculation out there. There's no confirmation of any Poly DVC at this time, just lots of speculation.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I've seen speculation that the Luau Cove area would be where the DVC building would take place, that Luau Cove would be going and Aoteroa would become DVC. Also, that the GCH would be extended and the current structure rebuilt. But then, you see all kinds of speculation out there. There's no confirmation of any Poly DVC at this time, just lots of speculation.
    That is the strongest speculation I've heard but with Aotearoa being torn down and replaced with part of the DVC. As you say, all just speculation but for the first time starting to hear the noise about no DVC and refurb of GCH being put off a number of years. No way to tell for sure until an announcement. I'll dig around when I'm there in a couple of weeks.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: