Quantcast DVC Members Getting HUGE Discount on Premium Annual Pass - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    DH has a PAP & the merchandise discount is 20%!!
    I forgot all about that!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So the PAP is a 20% discount... DVC members will discount... Yea, seems worth while getting the PAP after all with this deal...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Does anyone know if this counts with upgrading an existing ticket and/or towards upgrading to a coast to coast ticket?

For example. I have already purchased a 7 day park hopper for my trip this November. When I'm there in November can I go to the ticket booth at some point and upgrade to a WDW annual pass for the difference in value between the ticket I have and the $399? In that respect can I then turn around and upgrade that annual pass to a coast to coast ticket?
    I want to know the answer to this, too. We're going in November for 8 days, going back in April for four, and then again next fall for 8 days. We were going to buy Annual Passes at the end of our trip this November (we were told to wait until the end, because if we bought them at the beginning, it would screw with our ADRs).

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I know with a regular DVC AP I was told to upgrade to the 2park ticket, I would have to pay the difference between DVC AP & AP, then upgrade to the Premier Passport.
    This just confused me even more. Is this a yes? They will take our 8 day park admission and apply it toward the purchase of an annual pass, which as we're DVC members, now would be applied to the discounted premium annual pass?
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual Pass

I am not familiar with Annual Passes or Premium Annual Passes.

Do you have 365 days of use from the time of your first use of the pass? So if we would buy this Premium Pass when we go in November 2012, could we use the pass until Dec 2013 or just until the corresponding start date in November 2013?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Goof View Post
    I am not familiar with Annual Passes or Premium Annual Passes.

Do you have 365 days of use from the time of your first use of the pass? So if we would buy this Premium Pass when we go in November 2012, could we use the pass until Dec 2013 or just until the corresponding start date in November 2013?

Thanks
    When you purchase an AP, the ticket becomes valid on day of first use.. So, say you bought the AP today, September 13, 2012 but you didn't cash in the voucher until November 13, 2012... Your ticket is good until November 13, 2013, in which time you'd have to renew your pass...

Under this deal, as a DVC member, you can purchase a Premium AP for $399 any time between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012... You can cash in the voucher any time after purchase as long as it is before December 31, 2013... So, let's say you purchased the PAP under this deal on October 13, 2012... You have until December 31, 2013 to cash it in, thus activating your ticket... If you cash in the voucher on November 13, 2013, then your pass is good until November 13, 2014...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I want to know the answer to this, too. We're going in November for 8 days, going back in April for four, and then again next fall for 8 days. We were going to buy Annual Passes at the end of our trip this November (we were told to wait until the end, because if we bought them at the beginning, it would screw with our ADRs).

This just confused me even more. Is this a yes? They will take our 8 day park admission and apply it toward the purchase of an annual pass, which as we're DVC members, now would be applied to the discounted premium annual pass?
    Your best bet, AZ, is to contact member services and ask them directly... I was always under the impression that if you purchased regular park tickets then decided to upgrade to an AP, the price you paid for the park tickets would be applied to the price of the AP.. You'd then have to pay the difference...

And I never heard of a ticket affecting your ADRs... Your ADRs aren't tied to your tickets... They are tied to your name and vacation reservation...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And I never heard of a ticket affecting your ADRs... Your ADRs aren't tied to your tickets... They are tied to your name and vacation reservation...
    Someone on a different thread said that they had upgraded to the AP on the first day of their vacation, and for some reason that messed with (removed) their ADRs. I know that doesn't seem like it would, as they're not tied together. But then someone else confirmed this happened to them as well, and someone else even said that they were told by the CM when they inquired about upgrading to do it at the end of their vacations, because it may affect their ADRs.

So, we were just not going to risk it, as we wouldn't use the AP for this trip anyway (it's already paid for). We'll upgrade on the last day, and then activate it either in April or next November. Sweet!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

It was a yes, I was referring to your question about upgrading to the 2 park ticket from an AP. Your credit towards that would only be $399 not the value of a full PAP>

So, we were just not going to risk it, as we wouldn't use the AP for this trip anyway (it's already paid for). We'll upgrade on the last day, and then activate it either in April or next November. Sweet!
    If you're upgrading your ticket your PAP date will be the first day of your original MYW ticket. You could buy a new PAP and activate that in April.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on a different thread said that they had upgraded to the AP on the first day of their vacation, and for some reason that messed with (removed) their ADRs. I know that doesn't seem like it would, as they're not tied together. But then someone else confirmed this happened to them as well, and someone else even said that they were told by the CM when they inquired about upgrading to do it at the end of their vacations, because it may affect their ADRs.

Sounds like a computer glitch... Just have your ADR reservation number... That is all the proof you need...

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I had four day park hours, first day of our trip we went straight to guest services in Epcot and upgraded to AP. the price of the worth of the four day park hoppers was applied to the cost of the AP, we had to pay the difference. Tickets are not connected to your ADR's what's so ever, so have no effect, at all, on dinning reservations. The only hiccup is if you already have tickets attached to your KTTW card, then you cannot upgrade to a AP, the park tickets have to be separate.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Such great news, we were debating to renew our AP's and this seals the deal! Our kids are going to love the extra perks!
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know if this is going to be a permanent offer or just a one time deal ?
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
    Anybody know if this is going to be a permanent offer or just a one time deal ?
    One time deal, for now... No one knows if they will offer this ever again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    DBF and I had four day park hours, first day of our trip we went straight to guest services in Epcot and upgraded to AP. the price of the worth of the four day park hoppers was applied to the cost of the AP, we had to pay the difference. Tickets are not connected to your ADR's what's so ever, so have no effect, at all, on dinning reservations. The only hiccup is if you already have tickets attached to your KTTW card, then you cannot upgrade to a AP, the park tickets have to be separate.
    Just last week I upgraded a 2day ticket on a KTTW card to an AP. And that wasn't the first time I've done this. However, we had used all our dining credits at the time of upgrade. Maybe that's the difference.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this has been asked/answered, but just to make sure I understand: I am heading to WDW on 9/28 I have already purchased our 7 day PH passes; We have 2 trips planned for next year, one in February the other in October. I had planned to buy AP's before the trip in February - but now it looks like I will buy now. My question is this: will I be able to upgrade my 7 day PH at the end of the Octobcer trip? And if so, can I wait until February to begin using the AP? Therefore making it good for all of 2013?? Thanks in Advance
    95 - All Star Sports
    97 - Dixie Landings
    99 & 02 - WL
    04 - Poly/Disney Wonder
    04 - All Star Movies
    05 - DL Paris
    05 - WLV,1st trip as DVC Member
    06-VWL
    07 - BCV & SSR
    08 - AKL/ Wonder
    09 - BCV
    10 - BCV, SSR
    11 - Disney Drea,
    12 - HHI & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassDaisy View Post
    I think this has been asked/answered, but just to make sure I understand: I am heading to WDW on 9/28 I have already purchased our 7 day PH passes; We have 2 trips planned for next year, one in February the other in October. I had planned to buy AP's before the trip in February - but now it looks like I will buy now. My question is this: will I be able to upgrade my 7 day PH at the end of the Octobcer trip? And if so, can I wait until February to begin using the AP? Therefore making it good for all of 2013?? Thanks in Advance
    When upgrading a PH, the AP will have an activation date of the first day the PH was used which in your case will be 9/28/12. The expiration date will be 9/28/13.

If you want to take advantage of the PAP promotion you could order a PAP voucher between Oct 1 and Dec 31,2012 and then activate it during your February 2013 trip, the expiration would be the following February 2014.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lynn - that makes perfect sense.
    95 - All Star Sports
    97 - Dixie Landings
    99 & 02 - WL
    04 - Poly/Disney Wonder
    04 - All Star Movies
    05 - DL Paris
    05 - WLV,1st trip as DVC Member
    06-VWL
    07 - BCV & SSR
    08 - AKL/ Wonder
    09 - BCV
    10 - BCV, SSR
    11 - Disney Drea,
    12 - HHI & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

hypothetical question. we are going in oct under our current AP's but going back in dec for another week or so and plan to get the PAP's. those will only be good until next dec. 1 or so (first day of our trip). can i buy two sets and redeem the other set in dec. of 2013?

guessing not but this is a pretty great deal for us as we generally hit the waterparks a day each visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Mickey! View Post
    hypothetical question. we are going in oct under our current AP's but going back in dec for another week or so and plan to get the PAP's. those will only be good until next dec. 1 or so (first day of our trip). can i buy two sets and redeem the other set in dec. of 2013?

guessing not but this is a pretty great deal for us as we generally hit the waterparks a day each visit.
    Interesting, in my head I'm thinking yes but am not positive. My pass doesn't expire until February but I can buy the voucher during the promo. If you buy the new pass in December and then order a voucher when you return home (prior to years end) wouldn't that be the same?

DH's current pass expires during our November trip and he will be getting the PAP. Now I'm wondering if he can get another one for November 2013. I'm sure there will be a list of restrictions will be available October 1st.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

This is very exciting! I am looking forward to more surprises/perks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: