Quantcast Remind me again...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Remind me again...

.....about the buses. How early do they run?
    We need to be at MK for a tout by 8:15 on a day that it opens at 9am. Will the buses run from POP that early? We'd need to catch the bus by 7:30.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They normally start running about an hour before the park in question opens. We went on the Backstage Magic tour a year ago and I just went to the front desk and told them we were on the tour the next day and asked about the bus running. WDW doesn't want you to miss your tour so you should be fine. Enjoy
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm recalling correctly, I have always known the buses to begin running 1 hour before park opening.

You may have to come up with an alternate plan - are there Extra Magic Morning Hours the day you are going? In the case, you would be all set.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    They normally start running about an hour before the park in question opens. We went on the Backstage Magic tour a year ago and I just went to the front desk and told them we were on the tour the next day and asked about the bus running. WDW doesn't want you to miss your tour so you should be fine. Enjoy

If the park doesn't open until 9, but we have to be there no later than 8:15, what should we do? We're staying at Pop, so it is quite a long drive to the MK.

- Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to worry, the bus will get you there on time. I'm sure you will have a central meeting place too, right? Just visit the front desk and let them know you are on a tour the night before. Actually, when we stayed at POP one year they let our daughter call the bus in...you really have nothing to worry about!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Also, there are people who have ADRs in the park restaurants well before park opening times and they go by bus...because the buses run early.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

If you are really worried about the timing, you can grab a cab at the front desk, usually for under $20.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

No need to worry. The busses do start running in time to get everyone to the early breakfast ADR's.

We have had many 8:05am ADR's at Crystal Palace, and haven't had an issue getting there via bus.

But, be at the bus stop earlier rather than later, in case you just missed a bus and have to wait a bit for the next one.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with PP: be there early. If you miss the one bus running back in forth that early, you'll be pretty upset. Also, if you're still worried, just talk with the folks at the front desk of the hotel.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Also, there are people who have ADRs in the park restaurants well before park opening times and they go by bus...because the buses run early.
    I was going to say the same thing. MK has early busses for early ADRs and tours. We also stayed at Pop, and when we had 8:10 ADRs at Crystal Palace, and later for Tusker House at AK, I had my family at the bus stop at 7, and soon enough a bus was there to scoop us up.

Nothing is ever a guarantee, but I think you can rest assured you will not have a problem getting to your tour on time.

On a side note, at first I thought you were going to be "touting" from the MK, lol.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

So much misinformation gets repeated about this.

Here is the real info:

The buses start running from the resorts to the parks every day of the year at about 6:30AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    So much misinformation gets repeated about this.

Here is the real info:

The buses start running from the resorts to the parks every day of the year at about 6:30AM.

Great! Where do they post this info? It would save those worry-warts like me a lot of worry time!
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    Great! Where do they post this info? It would save those worry-warts like me a lot of worry time!
    They don't post it.
    What gets posted is the shopworn, "One hour before the park opens."

That info is simply wrong, but it gets repeated so often that it is taken by many as gospel.

The truth is, however, that the resort-to-park buses begin running every day at about 6:30AM.
    These are often called "Breakfast Buses," as they are designed to get guests to early ADR's and such.

If MK's AM EMH begins VERY early (7AM, typically near major holiday events,) the buses will begin running even earlier than 6:30AM on those days.

Post Thanks / Like

They don't post it.

That info is simply wrong, but it gets repeated so often that it is taken by many as gospel.

The truth is, however, that the resort-to-park buses begin running every day at about 6:30AM.
    These are often called "Breakfast Buses," as they are designed to get guests to early ADR's and such.

If MK's AM EMH begins VERY early (7AM, typically near major holiday events,) the buses will begin running even earlier than 6:30AM on those days.
    That is so good to know!

Anyone ever catch the buses at 6:30?
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

On our April 2012 trip we had early - before the park opened - ADRs. We were at Port Orleans Riverside and had ADRs at each of the parks.

We left our room in time to be at the bus stop just before 7 am. A couple of days we waited until 7:20 for our bus to come, while busses for other parks came and went. Even the 7:20 bus got us to the park in plenty of time.

As for 6:30 am, I don't know - only 7 am. We saw all park busses.

If you call WDW-RIDE you can get maybe the most accurate information. CMs at resorts don't necessarily have accurate info.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

They don't post it.

EXACTLY! I can't stand that "one hour before park opening" line, as it's simply untrue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    Anyone ever catch the buses at 6:30?
    I've never caught one but I've seen LOTS of them.

Long story, but when staying in a theme park view room at Polynesian, I was directly across the lagoon from Magic Kingdom's bus area, and every morning I was out on my balcony reading. By roughly 6:45 a.m., I started seeing buses pouring into MK. I had my camera with my telephoto lens, and I could clearly see these were guests and not cast members.

Also, I should point out this was during a slow season when MK opened at 9 a.m.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    If you call WDW-RIDE you can get maybe the most accurate information. CMs at resorts don't necessarily have accurate info.
    In my opinion, the very very best way to get bus info is wait 'til you get to WDW and ask bus drivers. They're the only CMs who know all the facts about Disney Transport buses. Ask any ol' bus driver, they'll know.

But if you want THE most informed opinions, ask bus drivers you see in the morning ... job postings are bid on by seniority, and for the most part the mornings are the most sought-after posts and therefore the morning drivers tend to be the most experienced drivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    In my opinion, the very very best way to get bus info is wait 'til you get to WDW and ask bus drivers. They're the only CMs who know all the facts about Disney Transport buses. Ask any ol' bus driver, they'll know.

But if you want THE most informed opinions, ask bus drivers you see in the morning ... job postings are bid on by seniority, and for the most part the mornings are the most sought-after posts and therefore the morning drivers tend to be the most experienced drivers.
    That's cool - I didn't know that about the bus drivers' shifts.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are making me feel soooo much better!!
    - Elastigirl

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: