Quantcast Just booked for THIS WEEKEND & freaking out

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just booked for THIS WEEKEND & freaking out

DH & I just got married & didn't do a honeymoon, so since this weekend is my birthday & we are off for Rosh Hashanah for a 4 day weekend, we just booked the trip on a whim. He has never been to WDW before & dislikes crowds & roller coasters We have regular passes and only for 3 days so we will just hit up MK, Hollywood Studios & Epcot. We are not staying on property.

So...I have 3 questions...
    1. Any suggestions as to what attractions to hit up?
    2. And anyone have a guesstimate on the crowds?
    3. I was thinking of doing Epcot Saturday, MGM (HS?) Sunday & MK on Monday...is this a solid plan?

If this should be in another forum, let me know. It's been a while since I've been here, I'm a little fuzzy on the protocol.
    WDW Aug 1990
    WDW Aug 1993- Dixie Landings
    WDW Jan 2003- Coronado Springs
    WDW Apr 2005
    WDW Feb 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    WDW Sept 2007 *MY BIRTHDAY*
    DL July 2011 LA/Vegas trip
    WDW Sept 2012 Birthday Extravaganza #2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How exciting.

Crowds in Sept tend to be very manageable. I think your plan is good. Saturdays tend to be a good day for Epcot. HS has extra magic hours on Saturday, so Sunday should be a good day to visit. MK might be a little busy on Monday but I don't think you will have a problem.

Here are some of my ideas for attractions.

Epcot- Test Track is closed right now. I would try to hit Soarin'. Spaceship Earth, Mission Space,and Living with the Land in Future World. But since this is a mini honeymoon, I'd recommend spending a lot of time in the World Showcase. There are several great movies about the countries, lots of performers, and tasty treats in each country. If you like caramel, you must stop in Karmel Kuche. Yummy!

MK- I'd hit the classics- Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain etc.

DHS- Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Star Tours are some of my favorites. The animation class is really fun and something different to try.

Have a great trip.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Your plan looks great. Exactly the way I'd hit the parks. As far as rides, if you're young like we were back when we honeymooned, you'll love Tower of Terror and Rockin'RollerCoaster. We came saying those were the best rides.

Also, pick up the bride and groom mickey ear hats. You will get the royal treatment for sure at Epcot and MK.

Have a great time!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! You're plan sounds great! I know planning a last minute trip can be hectic, we did that a few years back & we were so pleasantly surprised how smoothly it all went! You'll be in WDW so I'm sure it will all be magical!

Besides what has already been mentioned, I'd also suggest masking TSM your first attraction of the day at DHS, still so popular, and FP's go super fast as it's a fun attraction for all ages!

Epcot - My favorite park! TT & Soarin rival for our our 1st & 2nd attractions of the day! Hope you have time to make the trek "Around the world" in the World Showcase! Always a favorite part of our WDW trips, shopping, snacking, & drinking our way around the world whilst taking in all that each of the pavillions has to offer - even my teen DS's look forward to that part of every trip!

MK - WOW - just everything, but I can't wait to check out the new Fantasyland expansion! I know it's super silly, but we all really like the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, it's just cute & fun! Love pretty much everything in this park, of course hitting the major attractions first then eveything else is icing on your cake!

Sending you some for a magical trip!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the "late honeymoon," hope you have a great time...the only thing I would add to your equation would be to check the event calendar and make sure you can see the shows you want (i.e. wishes and fantasmic) on the particular days you plan on being in each park.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think your plan is AWESOME! The crowds will be very light. People were posting wait times of 15 minutes yesterday afternoon for Soarin'.

I would suggest doing the rides in the early part of the day. Then taking time to just stroll and enjoy all of the sights, sounds, and each other in the evenings. My biggest memory from my honeymoon was hanging around the Hub at MK after park closing our last night. When we finally headed to the exit, we were standing on Main Street all alone!
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday and Congrats!

We honeymooned at WDW and simply loved it. I Think your park plans sounds like what we'd do. Food and Wine festival hasn't started so I would think Epcot is good on a Saturday. You are going at a perfect time to the MK because the MNSSHP won't be this weekend.

Book a fun meal!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!

If you are going to be in the parks on Friday and have the $ to spend on an extra ticket, you may want to consider buying passes to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. You could always dress up the bride and groom mickey hats and create full costumes!

Have a blast,
    K.
    Kati
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Last Trip: September, 2011: Beach Club
    Next Trip: September, 2012: Port Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

Woops, just reread your post, and rollercoasters are out for you. One thing for sure to do is get a good seat for the fireworks. Those are particularly magical on your honeymoon. Grab a spot at least 45 minutes in advance for the best seats.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

September is am AMAZING time to go, especially for a first timer and someone who doesn't deal with huge crowds well.

Try for a last minute ADR at a restaurant along Seven Seas Lagoon at EPCOT to watch Illuminations. Either from your table, or to walk directly out to watch after. Maybe grab a drink someplace after dinner to toast yourselves while you enjoy the show.

And congratulations!

P.S. Hit up the big attractions at each park first thing to minimize HUGE wait times. And don't forget, even though you have basic tickets, you can still go back to your hotel at mid day and then back to the same park on that one day ticket. Also you would only pay to park once.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

My non-rollercoaster must-sees:

MK - Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Phillarmagic, and Jungle Cruise

Epcot - Soarin, American Adventure movie, and Spaceship Earth

DHS - Toy Story, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, and Muppets 3D
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

If your mate doesn't like roller coasters, maybe you should consider animal kingdom instead of the studios. I just don't feel there is that much to do at HS, but it depends on what you like.
    I think you should treat yourself to a nice meal one night-either in EPCOT world showcase or at one of the resorts along the MK. Ohana and Kona cafe are both nice at the poly. there's artist point at the wilderness, and of course california grill (is that open right now? did i hear something about a refurb?) If you go to HS or AK and find that they are not an all day park, you could go to dinner that evening at the resort, or you could go early evening on your MK day then get back for fireworks and parade

and congratulations!
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: