Quantcast The Simpson's Springfield On The Way?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Simpson's Springfield On The Way?

Project 971... calls for demolishing a building/buildings where Kwik-E Mart is located... Rumblings are the area will be come Springfield, home of the Simpsons...

Wouldn't it be pretty cool to dine (and drink) in Moe's Tavern???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be cool! We were just there last month. That park really needs more! I know they are building out the area rumored to be more HP, huge part of the park closed off. Excited to see what is developing.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the Simpsons house with a permanent meet and greet similar to the Spongebob location?

The Simpsons are a personal favorite and I fulfilled a bucket list item in August getting a picture with Homer, Marge and Bart!

While the Qwik-E-Mart setup is OK, a more show detailed replica would be cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Maybe the Simpsons house with a permanent meet and greet similar to the Spongebob location?

The Simpsons are a personal favorite and I fulfilled a bucket list item in August getting a picture with Homer, Marge and Bart!

While the Qwik-E-Mart setup is OK, a more show detailed replica would be cool.
    I'm sure a M&G will be included (aren't they included in everything today???)... but it seems it may be some sort of Springfield replica, so you may just wind up thrilled...

When more leaks out I'll let ya know...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly that area has plenty of room for another attraction. I wonder why they have to knock down that building.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Saw some recent pictures of the area where planters and tables have been removed.

Also heard that demo/constuction permits have been filed for this area of the park.

Let the building of Springfield begin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Project 971... calls for demolishing a building/buildings where Kwik-E Mart is located... Rumblings are the area will be come Springfield, home of the Simpsons...

Wouldn't it be pretty cool to dine (and drink) in Moe's Tavern???
    i like it
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Saw some recent pictures of the area where planters and tables have been removed.

Also heard that demo/constuction permits have been filed for this area of the park.

Let the building of Springfield begin!
    The water front of this area (on the lagoon) will be developed... With what is the question, so Springfield/KrustyLand (the theme park for Krusty the Clown) will extend to the lagoon...

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to Universal Hollywood. We've been holding off on Universal Orland because DD(9) hasn't been tall enough for Harry Potter. We loved the Simpsons ride at UH and, if Transformers really is coming, we may start splitting WDW trips with Universal! ....especially with all the things WDW keeps taking away while increasing prices!

Thanks for the updates!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mariak View Post
    I've only been to Universal Hollywood. We've been holding off on Universal Orland because DD(9) hasn't been tall enough for Harry Potter. We loved the Simpsons ride at UH and, if Transformers really is coming, we may start splitting WDW trips with Universal! ....especially with all the things WDW keeps taking away while increasing prices!

Thanks for the updates!

Maria
    It is official, Transformers is coming.. No more doubt... Universal announced it last week..

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this Springfield addition, if rumors are true, sounds awesome... A kiddie ride with a detailed themed queue will be part of the remake of the land and will be located on the lagoon and themed to Kodos and Kang... Moe'S tavern will be a part of the additional dining, as well as Krusty's Burgers, General Changs Taco Italiano, and Kentucky Fried Panda all taking up residence where IFFF currently resides... Duff Gardens will also be added along the lagoon waterfront... Lards Lads donuts and other food carts will be included...

As for more Simpsons, Homer and Marge and Apu's cars will be added, paking outside Kwik E Mart, the police car driven by Chief Wiggums will be crashed into a fire hydrant and have a water effect along with it... Guests will enter Springfield from the Kidzone side and enter Krustyland from the MIB side...

Sounds like this is going to be more massive than we all originally thought...

Post Thanks / Like

MUST....RETURN....TO.....UNIVERSAL....

Heard about the Duff Gardens and Kentucky Fried Panda info yesterday... the rest sounds even more awesome. :drool:

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Universal, but this is not something I can get on board about. I don't think I'd even visit this area. Everyone blasts Disney regarding too little too late (think American Idol for example), but I see this as exactly the same thing.

My husband used to be the biggest Simpson's fan there was. Now he could care less. I don't know anyone who watches the show anymore, and I know my kids (ages 14 and 12) have no interest either.

After something so grand and impressive as Wizarding World, why this? Just my little humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree at all Mel. The characters much like Disney's are classic yet in a different way. The show is on the air because it still gets ratings all these years later.

I'm all for it and for one would love to sip a duff beer in Moe's tavern or sample a Flaming Moe.

Bring it on... I think it will be great.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

Bring it on... I think it will be great.
    Have fun!

Seriously, these just aren't characters I can get excited about. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal to the metal on this project!

As quickly as the info came out and the walls went up, I saw some park pictures today where the International Food Fair has been basically gutted in short order. Should be knocking this venue down shortly....

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal to the metal on this project!

As quickly as the info came out and the walls went up, I saw some park pictures today where the International Food Fair has been basically gutted in short order. Should be knocking this venue down shortly....
    I am amazed at how fast Universal is moving on all three projects: Transformers, Gringotts (Kings Cross has now gone vertical), and Springfield (which should be debuting with Transformers next summer)... Also the Cabana Bay project is moving pretty vast...

Imagine how fast they will have to move if they want to get that IOA project done for 2014, which is the current rumor... No work has been done yet other than minimal land prep in Seuss Landing...

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how fast they will have to move if they want to get that IOA project done for 2014, which is the current rumor... No work has been done yet other than minimal land prep in Seuss Landing...
    I'm thinking that project will take off after Grinchmas since Seuss Landing is the main area for Christmas in IOA.

Does the Potterverse celebrate Christmas or the holidays? I'm curious since I've not heard of any holiday decorations in Hogwarts.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, thinking anything in IOA won't start until after Christmas...

BTW, did you see the picture today from the Simpsons Ride? The queue was out of Krusty's mouth and down the walk way... Now we know why they are extending the queue too...

Post Thanks / Like

I can see Mel's point. I think the "heyday" of the Simpsons has passed, but, on the other hand, I definitely think the characters and the number of years it has been around lend it much more staying power than Idol. I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in I don't even know how many years, and I as well do not know anyone else that watches new episodes BUT I still have a huge affinity for the old episodes and I'm always making Simpsons references!

What they really need to do is make the Little Land of Duff ride. Duff beer for me, Duff beer for you, I'll have a Duff, you have one too!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: