Quantcast Dooney purse questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dooney purse questions

I've been keeping my eye out for a new purse for awhile now. Not having any luck, not finding anything I even remotely like. I have a Travelon crossbody bag right now, and I've been happy with it, but I'm ready for something different. I still want the crossbody style though. I keep coming back to the Disney Dooney purses, although I think the prices are insane! I know there are a lot of purses out there in that price range, I've just never considered spending that much for a purse.

Ok, so here are my questions. How roomy are the Dooney crossbody purses? I also saw "letter carrier" styles that look the same as the crossbody. Are they the same? Do they have the built in wallet, i.e. pocket slots for cards and a zippered area for cash? If you've bought one, are you happy with it? Unhappy with it? Thanks so much for any input you can offer! I do think the designs are really charming. I just want to make sure if I buy one that I will be happy with it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You may want to try a Tignanello crossbody bag. I believe they have a few different sizes available. It has a front zip compartment like you mentioned for your cash and card slots. I've had mine for years, think I paid about $60ish for it.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Zappos carries DB bags and they have a video for most. It will give you an idea of the roominess. Most DB cross body styles are on the small side. A couple of years ago they came out with a cross body that is fairly large but I'm thinking that's not what you have mind.

Another resource is QVC since they have videos for most of their merchandise.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of the crossbody's and a letter carrier. I tried to take a pic that showed the inside of both. Hope it helps some.

Both styles have the side zip pocket, card slot and key ring.

I tend to carry my crossbody's more often, just because they are cute and if I have a bigger purse it means a bigger mess. But I do like the letter carrier a lot when the situation calls for it.

I was never a big purse fanatic until I got into these. Love them, and carry all my different styles all the time. They are great purses!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much guys!!

It looks like the D&B doesn't have the multiple card slots that I like. I did take a look at some Tignanello purses and I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. Of course, they're not as fun as the Disney purses! But, I really want those multiple card slots and different compartments in a not too big purse. I agree, if my purse gets too big, it's just a mess. If the Disney D&B had the same style, I would definitely pay the extra $$ for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my D&B crossbody, but boy it is small! I had to buy a new wallet to fit into it, and even then, with my wallet, blackberry (without the case) and my keys, it barely fits.

I love how light it is, and it is just so cute and comfortable, but it is too small to be my regular bag.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I love my D&B crossbody, but boy it is small! I had to buy a new wallet to fit into it, and even then, with my wallet, blackberry (without the case) and my keys, it barely fits.

I love how light it is, and it is just so cute and comfortable, but it is too small to be my regular bag.
    I agree. I love mine but it is pretty much a park / vacation bag for me. I tried it as my everyday bag but it was too small. I ended up getting a bigger Dooney for everyday.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have a disney cross body purse. I think its the perfect size for a travel bag or an everyday small bag. It holds enough- my wallet, sunglasses, chapstick, phone.... but it is by no means huge!

Just a hint- If you will be in WDW and you eat at a counter service- they will give you a coupon on your receipt for 20% off at certain store (mousegears, emporium) if used before noon. Mousegears allowed my mom and I to use the coupon toward our dooney purses!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

The DB crossbody was just to small for me. I carry a fairly large wallet (big enough for my passport when I go out of the country), my nook, my iphone, my calendar (still have to have a paper calendar), my keys, etc. And sometimes - I have a real book too. So, my purses are always large. I love Sherpani purses - Their crossbody bags are probably right what you are looking for (Go look at Zappo's site they have videos highlighting their merchandise) - they have all sorts of sizes from a wallet on a string to big enough for a small laptop. They have ones with artwork and ones that are more plain.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I love my DB Crossbody Disney bag. I just got it last trip and totally fell in love. It fits enough stuff in it to be usefull, but I can't fill it up with a bunch of junk that I don't need to drag around the parks!

Our state fair started this week and mine will be coming with there too!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the Sherpani suggestion! I found some really cute designs that I think will meet my needs. Not as functional as the Tignanello but I like the styles better.

I definitely need an everyday purse. I would love for it to have a Disney design, especially one as cute as the Dooney's, but none of those styles fit my needs. I'm really attached to the crossbody style and looking for a not too big, not too small size with the built in wallet pockets. I don't want to go back to having to use a wallet. Just one more thing to fit into my purse.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 5 DD&B bags and have found the satchel to be perfect for me. I have this design in the black balloons and the pink DLP sketch. There are pockets but it's not a purse for the "wallet-less." I carry 2 pairs of glasses which is an hang up for me with some of the other bags. I love the bucket (DL 55th) but wish it had a zipper. I have the messenger bag (WDW 40th) which I find to be just a tad too small for me. My origianl sketch that I bought in 2009 has never been used. It was an impulse buy!

I do have 2 travelons that I use when on vacation for the same reason you mention - I can load my wallet stuff in there and leave the wallet at home. one of them is a small back-pack style and the other is a cross body. Both are black with pink interior.
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I have a couple of the crossbody's and a letter carrier. I tried to take a pic that showed the inside of both. Hope it helps some.

Both styles have the side zip pocket, card slot and key ring.

I tend to carry my crossbody's more often, just because they are cute and if I have a bigger purse it means a bigger mess. But I do like the letter carrier a lot when the situation calls for it.

I was never a big purse fanatic until I got into these. Love them, and carry all my different styles all the time. They are great purses!

I have the one on the right and ADORE it! I also have a dooney wristlet (also Disney) and I use that as my wallet and love it!! I think I'm gona get the new backpack when I go in 23 days!! I just have really been thinking about trying out a back pack style bag and since the first sketch bag I had didn't work for me despite how much I love that design.
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I love Dooney bags and have several, although I have yet to buy one of the Disney ones. I came close last month, but I could not decide on color or style. We are returning in November and I plan to treat myself then. The bags are costly, but IMHO they wear like iron. I am really tough on my bags and these are virtually indestructible in my experience. I do think some of the smaller bags are too small for my needs, but they are all adorable to look at!
    Becca
    DVC Member since 1992 (OKW)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: