Quantcast End of Summer Hoorah! Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default End of Summer Hoorah! Day 6

Cast:
    Me –Denise- 35
    DS- Collin- 12
    DS- Landon- 10
    DMom- Sheila- 60

Thursday, August 2 –Day 6

Today was the last day on our military park passes, and we saved what my kids call the best park for last! Today was Epcot day!

All that nice weather we had been having was pretty much over. Today was HOT and HUMID! Right out the resort we could feel the difference today. It was so hot that we decided once we were in the Land Pavilion we would stay in there for a while. I had had a few drinks at the pool last night and I felt like I was sweating the alcohol out. I drank two bottles of water within an hour and felt so much better. We grabbed FPs for Soarin, and then got in line. I think the standby was 25 minutes. So much for not waiting longer than 20 minutes for any ride! LOL. With the heat today anything was good as long as it was in air condition! After Soarin we took a ride on Living with the Land. We hadn’t ridden this in years.

We stopped by Mouse Gears on our way across the park. Still no Dooney, but at this point I’m pretty much over it till next trip. I wanted that purse to use in the parks. It’s too small for everyday use at home. We also stopped at Club cool for some free soda! My boys have a ball in there trying to get people to try Beverly. DH built us this bar/table thing for outside. I saw it in Pottery Barn and he built it to look exactly the same. One thing we keep saying we need to add to it is a bottle opener. I found a Coca Cola one in the Club Cool shop. It’s perfect because I have an old Coca Cola crate box on the bottom shelf of the bar.

The boys then took turns taking pictures in the cars located outside TT. As we were taking pictures the Test Track All Stars group starting singing. I feel sorry for them. No one seems at all interested in them. Mission Space was next. We rode the “sissy” side and pretty much walked right on.

It was getting close to lunch so we headed for WS and round 3 of our “eat around the world” series. We’ve done this on our past 2 trips and we have so much fun with it. Today we started in Mexico. We always start there. We got one order of nachos, one order of churros and one passion fruit margarita. We usually sit outside, but it was so warm today we opted to eat inside. We visited the Mexico pavilion and took a spin on the ride.

In Norway I went straight to the shop to pick up Laila perfume for both myself and my SIL. Every time I see my SIL and her family and I have Laila on they notice. They say “who smells like Norway”. So I picked up a bottle of it for her so she can smell like Norway anytime she wants.

We got fried rice, an egg roll, and an apple pie egg roll in China. In Germany we got some chocolate covered caramel and chocolate covered strawberries. We browsed through all the countries as we snacked around the world. I don’t think we stopped for any of the shows this trip, but we did spend time in each country. I saw these cute serving spoons in Italy. They were made with a type of glass and had small hidden Mickey’s on them. Loved them and forgot to go back for them. Next trip!

We stopped in Japan to have my pearl ring fixed. I have several pieces of pearl jewelry from our trips to WDW. I haven’t had issues with any of them except for one ring. It’s the piece I spent the most on so it’s frustrating. This is the second or third time I have to bring it back to have it fixed. I think they may have made the whole in the pearl too big. The pearl keeps falling out. Maybe I should bring it to a jeweler at home to have it fixed next time. While in Japan Collin found these Japanese sodas and Japanese candy he wanted to try.

I think it was about this time it was just too hot. We decided to head back to YC for some pool time! On our way out we found a family of 4 to give our Soarin FPs to since they would no longer be of any use to us. Also somewhere along the way today we stopped to buy more recycled bead jewelry. I love these bracelets and they support such a great cause!

We hung out at the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Tonight was our last night at YC and we talked about how much we were going to miss this place, especially the pool. We felt “at home” there. It fit us well.

After a much refreshing swim we headed back to Epcot for the evening. Our first stop was near the France Pavilion to get the boys’ silhouettes done. Thanks to those who told me about it while we were in WDW. I really wanted to have this done on this trip! They came out great. I purchased the black frames and they will look great hanging in my hall between the boys’ bedrooms.

We stopped in Morocco for dinner. Landon is on a falafel kick and he saw they had these on our way out. My mom and I got the chicken wrap, Landon got the falafel wrap and Collin got a burger. This was our first time eating here and it was very good, very different. We enjoyed it. Collin had been on the hunt for a funnel cake so the American Pavilion was our next stop. Funnel cakes are so good!!! We had a little squirrel that would not leave us alone. He danced around our table the entire time practically begging for food! Poor little guy only got a few sprinkles of powdered sugar that fell as we ate.

We swung by Japan to pick up my ring and while I was there I did the pick a pearl thing. One of my nieces is turning 7 in a few days, and her family loves WDW (mom is the one I got Laila for). I have a cute Cinderella coach “cage” pendant. So I picked a pearl to put in it to give her for her bday. I got a very pretty white pearl that fits perfectly in the cage! Collin stocked up on more Japanese sodas to take home.

Landon decided he wanted to do the new Agent P adventure. We did the mission in Germany and he and Collin had a blast doing this. They used to love the Kim Possible one, but had sort of “out grown” it. Agent P totally peaked their interest in doing this again.

We then headed to SSE. My kids were determined not to miss this ride. They love this ride and Collin said we’ve never been to WDW and not ridden it, so we “have to”. Something happened, word has it someone got out of their ride vehicle and it took forever to get done with this ride. When we got off Illuminations had just ended so we missed it completely. While we like Illuminations it’s not a must do for us, but we did think we’d be able to catch part of it.

We stopped in Mouse Gear for a few things we saw earlier in the day. I got to watch my fountains dance a bit, and then we went against the crowd trying to get out!

My mom has arthritis in her knees so while the walk back would have been the quickest, we took the boat. There were very few people waiting for the boats. We had a very nice boat ride back and were in our room quickly. Once again I did a tiny bit of packing. Collin and I walked to the car to put a few things in and reorganized for our supposed last move tomorrow.

Up next: Moving to BWV and a movie at DTD
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There must be something about pearl rings. I had to have mine repaired - pearl just rolled right out of the setting one night - luckily I was able to capture the pearl and this is not one we bought at Disney World.

Sorry you got stuck getting your ride on Spaceship Earth. Every other part of your day went well.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, summer caught up to you! But still a great day. I'm going to have to try Laila next time I'm in Norway. Also, I would have a local jeweler check out your pearl at some point. Maybe they can help.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day in Epcot! We love snacking around the world as well

I'll have to check out that perfume in Norway. I usually breeze through the Norway shops, but I'll stop long enough to smell the perfume next time
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with one of my pick a pearls too...but the local jeweler fixed it right up.

Another fun, though hot, day.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: