Quantcast Turtle Talk Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Talk Question

This is a bit of a difficult question to answer, but I'm hoping that anyone that has seen this show may be able to discern the answer to my question, which is this:

Does Crush generally speak to only the smallest children in the audience? How likely is he to talk to an 8 or 11 year old? I know that by WDW standards they are older kids, but they are still my babies, and I want to see them have the best time possible. Is that a fair question?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Crush talk to kids of all ages. When you enter the room, they allow the children to sit on the floor up front. Although he will talk to people on the benches, your best bet is to have your children sit on the floor.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen Crush talk to adults in the audience too! The slower the night the more likely he will talk to just about anyone. One night there was like ten of us there so he made due with what he had lol. But if you can, try and sit as close up front as possible. But the chances are pretty good. Plus, you can always talk to one of the CM's at the entrance and see if it's possible to make a special memory for you
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

DD was 9 and 10 the two times we went to Crush. Both times, she was the star of the show and Crush talked to her FOREVER!

Both times she sat up front, and had Mickey ears on. The second time, she was wearing the gold ears and Crush asked to talk to the "dudette wearing the golden half-shell", so they got his attention.

So, they do talk to older kids (and I think they like to, since many of them are better at "talking" than a shy little kid), have the kids near the front, be enthusiastic and maybe wear something that stands out.

Of course, Crush also liked that DH and I were on the opposite side of the room from DD .. he called us "smart parents".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Last year when we went my sister was 10 and she was the first one Crush talked to because she had this green hairbow flower in her hair so he picked on her about it growing out of her head. He then proceeded to ask who she was there with and she said my sister so he talked to me to. It was pretty cool. He seemed to interact with the children and the adults very well of all ages. Deff worth a visit!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks for the answers. I hope my girls get to participate, but we'll enjoy the show either way, I'm sure.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this question. I've been wondering about this myself. I recently noticed that Crush appears during EMH at Epcot. I'm thinking that might be our best bet since my DD and DS are teenagers But they still love their favorite dude with a shell!
    BLT 8 - 2012
    CR 11-2009
    DL/GC 11-2007
    YC 6-2006
    GF 12-2005
    FW 5-2004
    FW 2-2001
    FW 10-2000
    Off site 1-1998

Post Thanks / Like

My Daughter wore pink disney ears in and the three times she wore them she always got talked to. You just need to wear something that sticks out
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

A "Goofy" hat works. My 8 year old loved his "goofy" Hat, he wore it every day at the parks, for several trips. It got Crush's attention, and lot's of other cast members and characters, too.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have kids so I've skipped out the previous times we went in to the pavilion. Anyone ever do it without kids? I've wanted to see what happens and stuff, but felt awkward not having a child with me to go in the little room with.
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I went on two trips before we had our son. We visited Crush both times. Since a lot of the kids sit on the floor in front of the seats, you don't really stick out when you don't have kids with you in this theater.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    My husband and I went on two trips before we had our son. We visited Crush both times. Since a lot of the kids sit on the floor in front of the seats, you don't really stick out when you don't have kids with you in this theater.
    Good to know! Maybe we'll catch one of the evening showings of Crush. Just knowing someone else did it makes it feel normal. haha! Thanks!
    Laura
    VMK: CL_MissAstroCat

Jan 1982-1992-OS • July 1993 - DL Paris • June 1995-ASM • Mar 1998-OS • Jan 2001-OS • Dec 2005- POFQ • Jan 2007- POFQ & Dolphin • Mar 2008- CB • Aug 2008 - Poly • Nov 2012 - POR • Nov 2014 - CSR&AKL • Mar 2015 - POFQ & HilBV • May 2015 - ASSp • Mar 2016 - CB & HilBV

Post Thanks / Like

Having hosted turtle talk for few months I can tell you it depends much less on how old the child is, and much more on where he or she is sitting. He usually chooses from the front row, outsides and the aisle. Strategy! Hope this totally helps, cha!!
    "Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out." -Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

He will usually call on kids that raise their hands with a question but this past trip he called on my DH because he wasn't saying "Dude" with everyone else...It was so funny! I wish I had it on video!
    Amy
    80 Camping şoş
    89 Offsite şoş
    05 ASM şoş
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR şoş

Pittsburgh, PA , GO STEELERS, PIRATES & PENGUINS!
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation bcrkris, Behind the scenes Crush

This is the first time I am posting!

I always thought that Crush was run by a computer with a man with a microphone making Crush speak and choosing kids. In reality, Crush is completely run by computer, no humans involved! I saw this on a Disney special on the Travel channel.

The computer randomly picks someone, so, as stated in the previous posts, Crush picks someone who stands out, ( bright color clothing, hats, and in my daughter's case, 2 braids in her hair, with a camoflage shirt and skirt outfit ).

We will be going to Pop Century on Aug. 11th so hopefully, when we go to Epcot, she gets chosen again!

Post Thanks / Like

Like previous posters said, have them where something that stands out. Crush sees and picks on those more. We were there just a few days ago and he picked on a boy in a blue striped/tye dyed shirt and my daughter he call "demudette princess" because her Minnie ears with crown.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: