Quantcast What is it you don't like about HS & AK? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
    DAK - Not enough to do and too freakin' hot in the summer.
    that pretty much summarizes my feelings on DAK too.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only thing I dislike about Animal Kingdom is the long walk from the busses to the entrance. It might not have the carnival-type rides like the other parks but it does what it is suppose to do. You get to experience all kinds of animals and the feel of the two continents is right on. Last time we met people from Africa that would talk to us about their country is it was fascinating.

DHS is confusing to get around and sometimes I do get lost but I also love the movie theming around the restaurants and the stage shows.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like how they are 2000 miles away.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Both parks are so hot! Between the dense vegetation that makes AK so humid, and the immense stretches of black asphalt in DHS with a lack of shade, both parks are pretty brutal from April to September. :P

But I must admit that I brave the heat because I do love both of these parks!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

DHS is #3 for me, things I really don't like about it is there really isn't enough that I like about it. I do RnR, ToT, GMR, Muppets, and Star Tours. I still haven't gotten to Toy Story but I want to on my next trip. But that's pretty much it, we can pound it out in a few hours and we really have no reason to go back. I don't really fancy live stage shows so it's something we can spend a half day on.

The same thing goes for AK, but also add that AK is HUGE and there's so much walking for not a lot. We do Dinosaur, Kali, Everest, Kilimanjaro, and Primeval Whirl. On our last trip we finished it less than 3 hours, we actually had to wait for Flametree to open for lunch haha.

Don't get me wrong, I love both parks but compared to MK and Epcot (where I pretty much do everything) there isn't enough for me to keep going back more than once per trip.
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Post Thanks / Like

As strange as this may sound, AK seems to be hotter temperature wise of all the parks...Not sure if it is all of the foliage and structures that may block any kind of breeze??? I like the park, but, once I get overheated, I am usually done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleh View Post
    For me DAK isn't about the rides but more about respect for nature and the animals that we share with this great planet Earth.
    See, this is why I do have a problem with it - it isn't the size, lack of attractions, etc... it is that I am also an animal lover and vegetarian (as well as both kids) and this is the one place we can't eat CS because the veggie options are limited to either a cheese pizza at Pizzafari or the roasted veg sandwich at Restaurantasaurus. Now, I love the veg sandwich there, but our extended family loves FlameTree BBQ, and I don't love walking half way through the park trying to balance a sandwich on a cheap paper plate!

I wish there were multiple veg options (and poor vegans are totally out of luck!) in the one park that should show respect for animals and their lives (where is Wilson when you need him)?!
    1st WDW trip - 1973 at 5 weeks old!

Disney addict since 1973!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Least liked in each park:

DHS: the backlot tour
    AK: The carnival games at Dinorama. I get the backstory and theme, but I just think it was a cheap cop-out. They could have done so much more with this area.
    backlot tour isnt much anymore. but then again, the animation tour isnt as good wo animators, empty spots next to TSMM, Drew Careys old spot, uh am idol...yea..and the layout isnt that good.
    AK. i finally walked quickly thru Dinorama....
    i spend the least time in AK but i do like the trails and some other things
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I should say I love riding Primeval Whirl with my family, even though the rest of Dinorama was pretty much a waste of (very little) effort by the designers. There wasn't much imagineering effort or $$ put into the theme or execution. Seems like they just took the easiest and least expensive way out of that part of the park design. Even Primeval Whirl is a ride that can be found in many amusement parks.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom - Is an amazing theme park which I consider to be the best of the "Big 8" in Central Florida. A little more (ie. Beastly Kingdom) would be nice; but they are addressing that with Avatar (I'm not convinced either, but it should at least quieten the folks who claim it isn't a full day park). Maharajah Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest are two of the best attractions in Disney, but it seems some folks consider them to be "just walking around". Kali should be longer but is superbly themed, as are all the places to eat.

DHS - Is a very strong theme park with some distinct problems - the Counter Service food is poor; the should-be centrepiece ride hasn't been updated in two decades and has had a stupid big plastic hat in front of it; the layout is not particularly strong; there is far less of a working movie studio feel than there used to be (or than there is at US) and did I mention the STUPID BIG PLASTIC HAT. However what you do get at DHS is the best street theatre, many of the best rides (including IMO the best), IMO the best in-park restaurant and some lovely quiet places to take it all in.

For me, both parks knock EPCOT - the only park which has consistently regressed since it opened - into a cocked hat. Don't get how folks could traverse the sorry state the once great Future World is in now and call it one of the better Disney parks.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: