Quantcast Exotic Driving Experience??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Exotic Driving Experience??

Hi, Has anyone tried this? My two sons (age 18) would like to do this? Thanks
    Beach Club Villa's 10/03
    Portofino Bay and Beach Club Villa's 10/04
    Saratoga Springs Resort 10/05
    Pop Century and Beach Club Villa's 10/06
    Boardwalk Villas 06/11

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I haven't yet, but I'm going to try my darndest to get John to do it with me for I-15!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I checked into it for my hubby on Father's Day, but just couldn't justify the $400+. I'm sure it is a very, very cool and unique experience. Wish we had that kind of $$$$ to throw around.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I checked into it for my hubby on Father's Day, but just couldn't justify the $400+ ...
    Hmmm ... I thought it was only like $250? Is it really $400?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay sorry, I misspoke...a bit.

Ferrari 458 Italia is $419.
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 is $389.
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 is $299.
    Audi R8 is $239.
    Porsche 997 S is $169.

These prices don't include a $35 driver fee, and don't include tax. Add it all up and the only cars my hubby would want to drive would be $400+.
    Last edited by Melanie; 06-22-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Nice grammar Mel. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow..that is a lot...I thought I read that prices start at $199.00 for six laps?? Where is it located? I wonder how Disney will do with this?
    Beach Club Villa's 10/03
    Boardwalk Villas 06/11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Wow..that is a lot...I thought I read that prices start at $199.00 for six laps?? Where is it located? I wonder how Disney will do with this?
    located at WDW Speedway where the Petty Experience is, and where Indy and Nascar Trucks used to race. They made a road course using the tri-oval front, and turns 2 and 3 combined with a few chicanes through the infield. A few quick lefts and rights and one sweeping turn to get a little speed.

I race in my spare time, can you tell?
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    located at WDW Speedway where the Petty Experience is, and where Indy and Nascar Trucks used to race. They made a road course using the tri-oval front, and turns 2 and 3 combined with a few chicanes through the infield. A few quick lefts and rights and one sweeping turn to get a little speed.

Since you seem to know what you're talking about, would you say it's worth the money?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Since you seem to know what you're talking about, would you say it's worth the money?
    I'd say if you are not likely to ever own one of these cars, or if you love the idea of driving fast (safely) this would be a lot of fun!

The thing I would say is, unless you really love a particular car, get the cheapest vehicle. You are not likely to feel much of a difference from one car to the next unless you have done a lot of driving on track or are a real gearhead. Also, the track is designed for you to feel like you are on the edge of out of control, without putting you in any real danger. If you love cars or just driving fast I'd say it's something to cross off your bucket list.

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your info and for the tip on getting any car! That will keep the price down!
    Beach Club Villa's 10/03
    Boardwalk Villas 06/11

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have to say thanks for all the info too...I was going to do this for my husband when we are down there I still might but with the cheap car...lol
    we have Pong and a benz so we like cars... and I love racin' but he can do it..I will watch!!!
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Signed my dad up!

We are going in Sept and I signed my dad up (he loves cars!) for the Audi. It got really good reviews, is only slightly more expensive to drive than the Porsche, and is apparantly the favorite car among the pro-instructors.

I hope its worth it, as it is pricey...but definitely worth trying at least once.

I did find a discounted rate on another site...wdwinfo.com. I hope its ok to post that info. I just googled "wdw exotic driving experience coupon" and that site popped up with discounted rates.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

What do you race, and where? My dad owns an asphalt Super Late Model that he crews and my brother drives; they run over at Orlando SpeedWorld on the east side of town (between Orlando and Cocoa off of SR 520).

Quite a few of the instructors at RPDE - and I'd assume at this new experience - are racers over there at SpeedWorld and at New Smyrna Speedway near Daytona. A guy that's driven my dad's car a few times - Chad Pierce - is a stunt driver over at Lights! Motors! Action! at Hollywood Studios.

If they're using part of the oval for this Exotic Car experience, are there now certain days that the RPDE uses the oval, and the Exotic Cars use the road course?

On another note - if you're into racing - I know for a while they were having some pretty serious Kart racing in the infield there at the WDW Speedway (real race karts - not those "rental" things you find at your local Mini-Golf/Go-kart place) on Wednesday evenings, open to anyone willing to fork over the $35 (I believe). I can find out more
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say if you are not likely to ever own one of these cars, or if you love the idea of driving fast (safely) this would be a lot of fun!

The thing I would say is, unless you really love a particular car, get the cheapest vehicle. You are not likely to feel much of a difference from one car to the next unless you have done a lot of driving on track or are a real gearhead. Also, the track is designed for you to feel like you are on the edge of out of control, without putting you in any real danger. If you love cars or just driving fast I'd say it's something to cross off your bucket list.
    Question for you...how exactly do you get to the driving track? We are staying at AKL and will have a car, but I was wondering the logistics of my dad getting to the track. Can you take the WDW busses to get there? Where exactly would you go from the AKL to get there?

And if we were planning on eating breakfast at one of the monorail hotels, like Poly or Contemp, is there a way to get to the track without having to drive there ourselves? Thx!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    What do you race, and where? My dad owns an asphalt Super Late Model that he crews and my brother drives; they run over at Orlando SpeedWorld on the east side of town (between Orlando and Cocoa off of SR 520).

MainStreetJim, started with dirt late models, then got into SCCA to race road courses for a while. Go back and fourth between the two. I have friends who run dirt here in TX and run their backup car when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    Question for you...how exactly do you get to the driving track? We are staying at AKL and will have a car, but I was wondering the logistics of my dad getting to the track. Can you take the WDW busses to get there? Where exactly would you go from the AKL to get there?

And if we were planning on eating breakfast at one of the monorail hotels, like Poly or Contemp, is there a way to get to the track without having to drive there ourselves? Thx!
    The track entrance is just Past MK's main gates when you drive in. You drive/ride in like you are going to MK but hook a left instead of following the road to park. Honestly never take buses when at WDW anymore so couldn't tell you much more. I always park right outside the racetrack in the designated areas. As far as without a car maybe another Intercot friend can help us there..

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

The other option, too, is to get to the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC). At the TTC, the RPDE has a van that picks up guests at what was the old kennel/Lost & Found Central. They'll pick you up and bring you back there afterwards, I believe.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We are going in Sept and I signed my dad up (he loves cars!) for the Audi. It got really good reviews, is only slightly more expensive to drive than the Porsche, and is apparantly the favorite car among the pro-instructors.

I hope its worth it, as it is pricey...but definitely worth trying at least once.

I did find a discounted rate on another site...wdwinfo.com. I hope its ok to post that info. I just googled "wdw exotic driving experience coupon" and that site popped up with discounted rates.
    I recently had a chance to drive an R8 in a more real world setting and it is an awesome vehicle. I am sure your dad will love getting to drive it on a track at speeds closer to what it was designed to do.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband drove the R8 on the 27th and he had a blast! It handled better than the other cars you have the option of driving. I am sure your dad will have blast!

I also saw you were staying at AKL, we were too and drove from there to RPDE. You just go like you are going to the Magic Kingdom and stay in the left lane. They will send you instructions in the e-mail with all of the forms you need to have completed. It looks like you are going to exit the TTC and you stop at the guard shack and sign in and then drive under the track through the tunnel into the infield. It was great having the car there because we were there at the time they stated and had snacks and the ice chest in the car (we were going home) and it was great to put the tailgate up and sit in the shade for a bit snacking. There is no shade when watching the exotics so bring sunscreen and sunglasses!
    Kimberly
    Several times since 1989 as a kid
    March 2009 - Coronado Springs (Husband's first trip)
    June 2009 - Beach Club
    June 2012 - All Star Music/Animal Kingdom Lodge
    June 2015 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mustBgoofy View Post
    My husband drove the R8 on the 27th and he had a blast! It handled better than the other cars you have the option of driving. I am sure your dad will have blast!

I also saw you were staying at AKL, we were too and drove from there to RPDE. You just go like you are going to the Magic Kingdom and stay in the left lane. They will send you instructions in the e-mail with all of the forms you need to have completed. It looks like you are going to exit the TTC and you stop at the guard shack and sign in and then drive under the track through the tunnel into the infield. It was great having the car there because we were there at the time they stated and had snacks and the ice chest in the car (we were going home) and it was great to put the tailgate up and sit in the shade for a bit snacking. There is no shade when watching the exotics so bring sunscreen and sunglasses!
    We got the R8 as a graduation gift for our son and he had a blast! He went on the 28th so just the day after you. The guy that rode with him accidentally had the throttle on only 50% so they gave my son more laps........for free! He ended up driving a total of 15 laps!

Oh, and they had 2 umbrellas for shade when we were there =)
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info! I can't wait...my dad is very excited about it, and hopefully it will be a great experience for him. It sounds like the R8 is definitely the way to go!

Thanks guys!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: