Quantcast What DVC Perks would you like to see?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What DVC Perks would you like to see?

Since we hear a lot from people about the lack of perks DVC owners receive I wanted to hear from those people to hear what perks they would like to have as being an owner & should these perks also be extended to those whom rent points from an owner. I as a DVC owner would like to see a fastpass that lets us go on the fastpass line without any time restrictions/limits. (ex-1 hr window) This should only be avail to those DVC owners only & not a perk for ones whom rents points from the owners. Lets try to not bring up the 'free dining' issue please.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see more discounts at shopping and dining locations. I don't really like that it is limited to certain restaurants, certain meals, certain stores. I think a great incentive in buying into DVC would be discounts on every place. Even if it is 10% it is something without all the limitations.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a discount on tickets other than AP. When my boys bring friends it would be nice to save on their tickets. A monthly payment plan for APs similar to the FL resident wold be nice too They could auto deduct with the dues.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about park ticket vs. AP discounts. We rarely spend all our time in the parks these days and the ticket discount would be more attractive.

Member's only special events would be nice too. Not the cruise. I mean after hours park party for members and their guests. Not even for free. We just don't have the desire to do the member cruise.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a "lack of perks" at all. There are many perks to DVC membership, with the #1 perk being great accommodations at a huge discount. I think folks who expect more are missing the whole point.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love discounts on other park passes. Discounts for other restaurants and shopping on property would be nice.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    I don't see a "lack of perks" at all. There are many perks to DVC membership, with the #1 perk being great accommodations at a huge discount. I think folks who expect more are missing the whole point.
    I don't think there are a lack of perks. More are always welcome though.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

The free tickets they used to provide would be a nice start... Even if it was something like the free tickets they used to provide to CMs (not sure if they still do that).

More retail discounts would probably help merchadise sales too.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm pretty happy with the steeply discount AP they're giving us this year, but I love the idea of letting us buy them each year on a payment plan or even having them auto-deducted along with dues/loan payments, etc.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with the perks provided but would love it if they would change the policy for DVC owners that the DP would not have to be purchased for everyone staying in your villa. Ex., when my DH & I go with our DD and her family they like the DP but we don't. This really would not cost Disney any money and since the DP is on each room key it shouldn't be a real hassle.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I would like to see a discount on tickets other than AP.
    Ditto. We rarely plan 11 months out, and have only taken two trips in the same year twice, so APs are not an option for us. Plus, if discounts on regular tickets were offered, we probably WOULD go more often. Ticket prices are the single biggest obstacle to our family taking more trips to WDW.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with the discounted park tickets or a payment plan for the AP. Other than that I am completely happy with the current perks. Every so often the do offer a discount on disneystore.com and in the store itself. We will be taking our first DVC vacation in 52 days, staying at OKW. I can't wait!!!!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the majority that some other ticket discount would be nice. The discounted AP is fine if you intend to visit WDW more that once a year. But if you only have that 1 week or a short amount of time, the AP even discounted is too expensive. The AP option has worked out for me and my Dad this year since we will be visiting 3 times in the 12 months of our AP's. Next year will be a different issue since at his age (he is 88) and health problems, we can not be sure when or if we will get to WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with the majority and say discounted tickets other then the AP and payment plans for the AP.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the park ticket discount but would also like to see DVC merchandise avail for sale other then just buying them at the DVC hotels. Having to go to BC from BLT would be such a hassle for us & the avail items at BLT/Contemporary is pretty pathetic. All I want is the new hoodie!
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to have mousekeeping everyday without there being an extra charge to it. I really miss having mousekeeping take care of us, on a daily basis. I think that DVC kids should be allowed to participate in poolside activities without the extra charge, which is what like $5 per kid for shirts or whatever they are using that day for tie dying and what not. That should be free, imo. DVC people pay a lot of money and since they are locked in, regardless of the discounted price they are getting on the room, they are almost obligated now to come and spend money there...they got you, so yes it would be nice to see some extra perks added in. I love the discounted tickets. I also think there should be a payment plan for annual passes for DVC members. what a great idea!!! I also think that they should do promotionals every year that surprise you...maybe this year dvc members get a coupon for a free 30 min pontoon rental or parasailing...get some of the dvc members addicted to some of the lower profiled activities and encourage more useage of resort activities. I dont think it would cost them that much to offer one coupon per dvc mortage, considering it seems a lot of that stuff sits unused anyways, but i think would make a lot of dvc families happier on their resort day.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Discounted tickets would be great- even 10% which in reality may make us get another day anyway.

I would also like the ability to pool hop to more pools. in reality it lets you get a perspective as to whether you want to stay at a different resort the next year.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    Discounted tickets would be great- even 10% which in reality may make us get another day anyway.

I would also like the ability to pool hop to more pools. in reality it lets you get a perspective as to whether you want to stay at a different resort the next year.
    That is a good point about the pools - seems that every new resort now is on the restricted list.

The perk I would like with the DVC is a "free" Tables in Wonderland membership. We prefer this over the dining plan - but if you know I'm eating the entire length of stay on property - it should be included with our membership.

I also think they charge too much for daily mousekeeping - if it were more reasonable - we'd take advantage of it more often.

Or how about instead of welcome back wednesday's - each resort have like a 2 hour "happy hour" meet & greet area. Would be nice to get to know other DVC owners.......
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

I would like free tickets, maybe some free meals, and if I could get a discount on airfare I don't honk I'd have a single complaint...
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Have been a member since 2000. Own points at BWV and AK. As others have already said, we would like to have discounts on tickets other than the AP. We buy the Tables in Wonderland but would like to see TIW included for DVC members, or at least better dining discounts than 10%.

Also would like to have the complimentary valet parking back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: