Quantcast Narcoossee's or Hoop De Doo

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Narcoossee's or Hoop De Doo

Okay, so this might seem like an odd pair, but here is my dilema. Back when I booked my ADRs, HDD was not available. We had had that in mind for months. It would be the last night of our trip and we thought a dinner and a show would be neat. Well when it wasn't available, I had to do some last minute discussion with the family and decided to go with Narcoossee's. The menu looks fantastic and the location is one that we wanted to see anyway. I heard there is a gingerbread house inside that is a must see? Now HDD is available and we are having a hard time going back to it. I know it's a great show...dinner though is something we eat regularly throughout the summer here in WI. Narcoossee's seems like it would be an experience too.

It would be me, DH, DD15, DS13, DS12. We are pretty low-key shy people. (We would not be interested in going up on stage or being the center of attention at the show.)

So for all you that have experienced both...which would you choose? Is one just more spectacular than the other?
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Narcoosees. My vote goes there.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Dinner is not the highlight of Hoop Dee Doo. If you're looking for a great show and some laughs, but you don't really care about having a fantastic meal (but plenty of decent food), HDD is the way to go.

Dinner is a highlight at Narcoossee's. It's a great location, lovely atmosphere, and you can catch the Electric Water Pageant and fireworks in the area if the timing is right, but it's all about good food. If you like fine dining, Narcoossee's is the choice to make. Plus it's always fun to check out resorts and if you haven't been to the GF, I recommend it, especially at Christmas time.

Really, it comes down to what kind of experience you and your family tend to enjoy more.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We've not done Narcossees but have heard the food is wonderful. If you are more interested in food than a show definitely keep it.

We have however done HDDR. After seeing it once I would not have paid to go to see it twice however, it was my son's biggest request last trip and the experience of seeing him laugh that much was worth it.

You do not have to go up on stage if you don't want. They only pick 2 to 4 people. It is corny slapstick humor with fried chicken, ribs, cornbread, salad, all you can eat beans and potatoes, with strawberry shortcake for desert. It is so-so. My 14 yr old loved it.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We make sure to go to Narcooses every trip. It's outstanding! Not to be missed! Great food and the view is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Narcoossee's!
    WDW visits . . .
    April 2013 - Yacht Club
    May 2012 - Grand Floridian
    May 2011 - Grand Floridian
    March 2006 - Offsite
    2000 - 2004 Numerous trips while in college in FL
    January 1989 - First Visit! Polynesian

Next visit:
    September - Disneyland (First trip with son!)

Post Thanks / Like

With children I would say HDDR if you have never been. It is a fun night out with kids. We have been to Narcoosses twice and the food is very good and with it only being 2 adults also romantic. But if food is your main draw I would then say Narcoosses.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in the Narcoossee's camp. It's a great location, wonderful atmosphere and fabulous food.

It will, of course, depend on your kids, but when mine were that age, I would've used the opportunity to 1) give the kids a high-end, adult-type dining experience, 2) visit a beautiful resort (especially at Christmas) and 3) have a relaxed chance to discuss the trip (since this is your last night) and talk about everyone's favorite parts of the trip and hopefully re-live some great memories. For us, that would mean a lot of laughter.

Sounds like a perfect way to end the trip.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Agree - do you want a food experience or a dinner show. The show at HDD is great - good corny family humor as only Disney can do. We've been a number of times, but most recently with the little nieces and nephews who had never been. They loved it. The food is basic -salad, fried chicken, ribs, corn bread. I will never forget years ago when Miss Kitty selected my bearded overweight brother to go up with her on stage for the grand finale. For those of you who've seen the show, you know what came next. I was laughing so hard, I could hardly breathe. He had no idea what he was agreeing to, but was a good sport in the end.
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think we are going to stick with Narcoossee's. I think we rather have a quiet relaxing meal and then a stroll around the resort for our last night. Thanks for all your input!!!
    Natalie

WDW ~ 1987
    WDW ~ Jan 1997
    DL ~ Jan 2004
    WDW ~ Dec 2007
    WDW POR ~Oct 2010
    WDW POR ~ Dec 2012
    WDW Offsite ~ Mar 2016
    WDW POR ~ Aug 2016
    DL ~ Jun 2018
    WDW ASMovies ~ Mar 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media: