Quantcast Episode 34 - Running Over The Speedway Rails - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a special night time spot.

My sister (Jennsky) and I used to have a friend who worked in the Mexico pavillion back in the mid-90's. On one of our trips down to Florida, Jenn & I met up with him at Epcot one evening, and I remember sitting on a bench over between the Universe of Energy & WoL/Horizons areas. It was so empty and dark... very peaceful at night with the low-lighting. The background music in Epcot at that time was awesome (and John always says!) so it will always stand out as being one of the nice peaceful, quiet areas for me when the sun goes down.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with Team Mel,
    Liberty Square is great for a variety of reasons. Not the least that sitting anywhere from the stocks to the Liberty Tree is the best place in the park to see the nighttime parades.
    You can see the floats and characters comming across the bridge and there is always extra time to interact as the larger floats make the turn.
    It has been partially spoiled though with the introduction of the Wizards of the Magic Kingdom station on the side of Dixie Landing. When all is quiet or you are starting to get into the music, the jarring sounds of the dialog and "battle" is discordant.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fork and Spoon

I think Mel was talking about a theater in California, so I just wanted to let you know that they have a dinner and movie option at the theaters in Downtown Disney (across from Planet Hollywood). My DD and I went when we were there for the Christmas Holidays. The food was ok, but not anything to write home about. And the pricing was a little high, but not any higher than eating in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

A great podcast as always guys, I love how long they have been too. I honestly could listen for 3 + hours if you kept them going.

My favorite place at night is the same as Darth Macho, Tomorrowland. It really becomes alive at night, even the metal palm trees fold up. I remember working at Space Mountain and leaving after park close. Wondering around Tomorrowland alone at night was awesome.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Before evening EMH were discontinued at Animal Kingdom I was able to be in the Asia area outside Everest after the sun had set. What a beautiful area at night! The lamps were on, strings of lights and prayer flags, the peak of Everest was lit up and you could just feel the atmosphere change as if you were really in a Himalayan mountain village. I'll miss that time in the evening at Animal Kingdom!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great Podcast. I really enjoyed it, even though there were so few of you.

Firstly, we miss you Carol! At least we'll get Michael back for his Carsland report, but where did Jeff go?

Secondly, I thought the same thing as John about the speedway. The Tomorrowland Speedway is what I think of first when a speedway is mentioned at WDW.

Thirdly, like ryca1, my favorite nighttime spot in the parks is a toss up between Tomorrowland and Adventureland. Tomorrowland looks great at night with the neon and combine that with the music, it has a really neat energy at night. Adventureland really gives off a foreign tropical feel at night, like I'm transported to someplace other than central Florida. Some of the other lands aren't as successful at doing that.

Fourthly, I find it funny that Mel said in Ep 33 that she didn't like Chris Hemsworth, then after seeing him in Thor and the Avengers, you can definitely tell that she's changed her mind.

Fifthly, the most famous person that I saw in the parks was Martin Mull, in June 1989, in the Animation ride gift shop. Didn't meet him though. Saw two other celebrities (at the time) that trip, but not as famous as Martin Mull.

Finally, Greedo shot first.

Eagerly awaiting Ep. 35.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Share This Thread On Social Media: