Quantcast Tell Me If I'm Crazy...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell Me If I'm Crazy...

Myself and four friends have the opportunity to go to WDW within the next year for two days. Seeing as how I'm the last one left in college, they understand and are willing to look for dates that I would not have to miss any or very little school. That being said, we have tentatively discussed going the week of Thanksgiving (that Monday and Tuesday, I believe)... But this close to Thanksgiving, I know it can get crowded...

Should we look for another date, or is early in the week of Thanksgiving not so terrible? My family used to go the week before Thanksgiving and it was never bad at all! I just wonder if that weekend makes all of the difference!

Any other good times to go that would not be terrible crowd-wise, but may also take into account less busy college time? This would exclude December, mid August and October... Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    Any other good times to go that would not be terrible crowd-wise, but may also take into account less busy college time? This would exclude December, mid August and October... Thanks!
    How about early January, before school starts up again, or early-mid May after finals are done?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me address your first comment-- all of us on here are crazy. Its just the levels of crazy that are a little different.

That being said-- if you're only going for those two days it won't be too bad. Weather should be great. By Wednesday into Thursday it will be bad for the rest of the weekend. I would go and enjoy-- even go the weekend before if you can for an extra day.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

the Monday and tuessday are fine. I've done it a couple times and it's cool.
    Wednesday morning, it's like night a day. talk about a flood of people.

if you're in college, depending on when your finals are i think the best time to go is the first 2 weeks of December. rigut up until the 18th or so. It's the best time, not too crowded. not to hot, most rides are operational, and it's like walking through a post card.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I see you're from Athens, so why not drive down Labor Day weekend? Yeah, you do have crowds (As with any big holiday weekend) but they're quite bearable.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Having gone right before Thanksgiving before, I can say that it is not bad at all. Its on Thanksgiving Day that things start to get really crazy...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide against the Pre-Thanksgiving days then I would suggest the Tuesday & Wednesday after Memorial day (this year is Monday May the 28th). The crowd levels go from a 8 to 10 down to a 5 and it's not the intense Florida Summer heat yet, but in the mid to high 80's so you can hit the pool or water park if so desired.

Oh and I'm only 76.345% crazy today
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC