Quantcast DL Fantasmic Dessert Party....Help??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DL Fantasmic Dessert Party....Help??

Hello,

I noticed some posts regarding the DL Fantasmic dessert party on the “Fantasmic East vs. West” thread. We've done the one at WDW for Wishes and MM&Y show 3 times now and love it! I’m trying to decide whether or not to book the Fantasmic Dessert party for 6 of us. When I called a few days ago, there was still available seating….probably because of the high price tag. But I’m sure I still need to act soon. My question is, is it worth it? I'm pretty sure it's higher than what we pay at WDW for the dessert party which is all you can eat - not a box. And viewing, so far, has not been a problem at WDW-Tomorrowland Terrace.

We are headed to DL in a couple weeks for 3-4 days as a side trip from San Diego where my nephew is getting married. My parents, who will be joining us, have never seen Fantasmic (we had just missed cut off of the line when we took them to WDW a few years ago) so that is on our list "to do". I really don’t want them to miss it again…especially if DL really is that much better. From the sound of things, I'm glad that we saw WDW first.

Last year, we were in San Diego when my nephew proposed to his girlfriend. Of course, my Disney family HAD to spend our one free day to drive up to DL. I had booked a World of Color Dining package for us thinking that we'd have a great view. We had park hopped that day and arrived about 25 minutes before the show and ended up standing behind quite a few people and next to a kid with a glow sword that was very distracting. Now I'm left wondering, if I do book the Fantasmic dessert party, do we actually get good, “reserved”, seats? Is it worth the $60/pp price tag? If the desserts are good, viewing is actually "reserved", and we really will have a good view, I would say it might be money well spent. However, I'd hate to spend $350.00 and end up struggling to see the show again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never done this dessert package at Fantasmic. But I do know that you will have your own seating section that sits right above the crowd sitting by the water. They look to be good seats. And you will have chairs to sit in. And you won't have to worry about running into the problem you did with World of Color. Hopes this helps. I think you will be paying more for the location then the desserts.
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much! It's nice to hear that you think the seats seem to be good ones. I haven't found much information that addresses my specific question as to whether or not those reserved seats are really worth it or not. One post said that they heard that this is a new location which may not be as good as the old one. I'd just hate to pay for those seats only to realize that they're not so great. I truly appreciate your help! Our anniversary is the following night so we may go ahead and just do it.

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyland's dessert package for Fantasmic! to me, is a smidge overpriced. But what isn't these days? $60 for a small dessert tray and a plastic folding chair to sit on. Out of everything, I think I most enjoy how the convience factor of showing up last minute kicks in and actually getting a great view and a chair to park your rear end on!

Personally, I wish Disney made this more limited and scattered a few small white-clothed, circular tables, perhaps lit by candlelight in the seating area and served dinner fare off of a limited menu. I think my mom said it best when she said that the word "dessert" sounds a bit chinsey for $60. But sixty bucks for dinner on the other hand, isn't all too rare at Disneyland!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: