Quantcast Discounts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Discounts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discounts?

I think I know the answer to this question, but what the heck.

The family will be gathering up for our every-so-often epic two week trip next year, and I am in the process of nailing down some dates and the thought occurred to me.

Are there ever any discounts offered at Fort Wilderness? I know we are typically left out of the free DDP offers, but I don't recall ever seeing other discounts extended to this resort.

It seems that I had heard, at one time, this resort never has issues with too many vacancies.

Then again, I thought I heard the seat should always be left up...
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of any discounts on camp spaces in quite a long while. Room discounts would apply to the wilderness homes if you were staying there.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We recieved discounts for the cabins, but I have never seen anything offered for the campsites.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Last year, I got a discount on a cabin. My brother and his family stayed in their RV, but had no discount. We did the math, and figured that we probably paid about the same amount when he factored in the cost of his campsite and diesel.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I have ALWAYS gotten a discount on the campsites. There are many available but most are not aware of them. For instance AAA can be 15-25% off and you don't have to go through AAA to get it.. I saved $300 on my last 2 weeks stay in June. Your best bet would be to find a good travel agent that specializes in Disney, even camping, and whatever discounts may become available after you have made your reservation, they can find and add the discounts for you. Easy as pie. It doesn't cost anything either. The current discounts being offered by Disney do not reflect a discount for campsites, but there is one. Travel agents also have better access to dates than I ever did using the website. No, I'm not a travel agent....lol. Just frugal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I have been considering changing my towing that I get with my phone to AAA for the added travel benefits. When I do the math it is either the same or cheaper. Now I have one more reason to do it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently asked about this issue and was told that they only offer discounts and free dining when and where they need to fill spaces and they just don't have a problem with that at the camp sites. We used to get AAA discounts every time, but have not been able to for about 5 years now. The odd thing is we always see plenty of empty spaces when we go. I am starting to think that the moon has to be in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligned with Mars to get a discount of any kind there.

Post Thanks / Like

Some timing may be involved with the AAA discounts. The info from my TA was that the AAA discounts come out with the rate increases
    for rooms in August. There are a set number of discounts and it is first come/first serve until the number allotted is gone. Thus it is treated like any other discount offers, limited supply.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have been considering changing my towing that I get with my phone to AAA for the added travel benefits. When I do the math it is either the same or cheaper. Now I have one more reason to do it.
    We've had AAA Plus and RV for years and from the various discounts or an occasional tow have always gotten the annual price of membership paid for in savings.

Quote Originally Posted by DNS View Post
    I recently asked about this issue and was told that they only offer discounts and free dining when and where they need to fill spaces and they just don't have a problem with that at the camp sites. We used to get AAA discounts every time, but have not been able to for about 5 years now. The odd thing is we always see plenty of empty spaces when we go. I am starting to think that the moon has to be in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligned with Mars to get a discount of any kind there.
    Apparently it is no longer the Age of Aquarius.

Jan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: