Quantcast South Florida?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: South Florida?

Post Thanks / Like

Default South Florida?

Besides the beaches, anything else fun for kids to do in So. Florida? Like the Palm Beach County down to Miami area?
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is zoo Miami , Miami chikdren's museum. Miami seaquarium, Jungle island(kinda like a zoo but with exotic animals like a liger). There is a water park in west palm.the is a splash play area at zoo miami and another one near MIA. As I think of more I will add.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah! Ft lauderdale has a really nice science museum.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of small attractions of variable quality. The individual prices can add up quickly if you do lots of them, though there is a "go card" available on a 1 to 7 day basis that can be a good deal if your group is up to really hitting a bunch of attractions (it also includes many of the smaller Orlando area attractions).
    I like the Miami Zoo, its large and you could easily spend quite a bit of time at it. I would also recommend driving over to the Everglades national park for the Shark valley tram tour.
    Be sure to plan carefully to get around, I found the traffic in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area to be very difficult at rush hours.

Post Thanks / Like

They just had a special on the news last night about best local places to take your kids. Most of the places I mentioned above we're on the list. But something I failed to mention that was in the list is Flamingo Gardens in ft lauderdale/davie.

Post Thanks / Like

Monkey Jungle!!! My in-laws moved to Ft. Lauderdale and we hit this place up when we visit. It's right outside of Miami. The tag line is "Where the humans are caged and the monkeys run wild." Basically it's a habitat for various monkeys and apes. There are fenced walkways for visitors to walk through with metal tins that hang down. You put monkey food in (at the desk you buy dried raisins and cranberries) and the monkeys pull the chain up to eat it. There are some exhibits that have tubes you put the food in. They have an orangutan and a gorilla and they do brief shows with them and a few other shows as well. It's a nice little day! As a mid-20s adult I got quite a kick out of seeing the first monkey pull the chain for food; the little ones seem to love it.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Near West Palm Beach there is

- Lion Country Safari: sort of a scaled down (and older) version of WDW's Animal Kingdom, except you drive the safari ride in your own car and without a guide.

- The Rapids water park

- Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park: a more traditional zoo

- South Florida Science Museum & Planetarium: small, but can be interesting - haven't been there in years

- Perhaps an airboat ride in the Everglades?

Post Thanks / Like

The zoo is fun, enough to fill the entire day. The Seaquarium is ok, but kind of expensive. Everglades Alligator Farm in Homestead is cool, and going to the main Everglades park entrance too. Like someone else said, lots of small things to do, but the price adds up... Lots to do in the Keys too, if you want to drive a little farther south.
    "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand till the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you, good bye now, good bye, thank you, good bye..."

1984, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008,
    2010 x 3, 2011 x 3, 2012

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: