Quantcast Are the new Fastpass rules in full effect? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    If you are late due to this reason (ride being down, you get stuck on a ride or whatever), do you have to prove it? Or does the CM call the other ride to verify that, yes indeed, the ride was down for a period of time? I'm just curious as to how this all works.....
    In this case we already knew that Dinosaur had experienced a down time. But, yes, if there is any doubt we can call to verify an attraction down time or an unusual delayed seating at a restaurant.

In another case a family member arrived at the end of the FP window to tell us that the rest of the party was on the way, but was moving slowly due to an elderly person in the group. That was a smart thing to do, and they were all allowed in when they arrived late. The new rules are in place, but the CMs still have a lot of discretion as to when they are enforced.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm bumping this up to confirm that the new FastPass return rules are in effect and are being enforced. You MUST return within your FP window plus a 15 minute grace period. Only a few exceptions are possible, and reasons for late returns can be verified by the CMs.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    In this case we already knew that Dinosaur had experienced a down time. But, yes, if there is any doubt we can call to verify an attraction down time or an unusual delayed seating at a restaurant.

In another case a family member arrived at the end of the FP window to tell us that the rest of the party was on the way, but was moving slowly due to an elderly person in the group. That was a smart thing to do, and they were all allowed in when they arrived late. The new rules are in place, but the CMs still have a lot of discretion as to when they are enforced.
    Just want to add 3 things.
    1. Disney has the right to enforce their own rules, as long as we all play by the same rules I am all for it.
    2. I read the above post and thought how cool. I don't mind Disney bending the rules for something like the elderly family member (Please I don't want to hear about possible abuse, usually it's not as bad as people think).
    3. Remember folks when you are at Disney you are on vacation, don't stress about what the other guy is doing. Just focus on you and yours and enjoy your vacation.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at WDW March 30 - April 6 and found the fast pass rules seem to be having a positive effect. The fast passes no longer "sell out" quickly in the AM. We noticed this for TSM at Studios. One day at MK, we found that you could get a FP at Buzz for one hour later. I wonder if people are using the fast passes more judiciously, rather than grabbing them assuming they can use them anytime. I think the change is positive.
    Too numerous visits to count. Resorts stayed at include:

Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Fort WIlderness
    Beach Club Villas
    Yacht Club
    Board Walk Villas
    Swan
    Dolphin
    Polynesian
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Saratoga Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Wilderness Lodge Villas
    WIlderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, thanks so much for taking the time to fill us in on how things are working. I'm glad to hear all the positive!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuntLaura View Post
    We were at WDW March 30 - April 6 and found the fast pass rules seem to be having a positive effect. The fast passes no longer "sell out" quickly in the AM. We noticed this for TSM at Studios. One day at MK, we found that you could get a FP at Buzz for one hour later. I wonder if people are using the fast passes more judiciously, rather than grabbing them assuming they can use them anytime. I think the change is positive.
    This has me very encouraged for our upcoming vacation. Hats off again to the CMs handling the change-over!
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I thought the same thing. I hope that if folks are more aware of the fact they might not be able to get back to an attraction at the proper fastpass time now, that they might skip grabbing those extra fastpasses - which could make the overall fastpass system more effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    You know, I thought the same thing. I hope that if folks are more aware of the fact they might not be able to get back to an attraction at the proper fastpass time now, that they might skip grabbing those extra fastpasses - which could make the overall fastpass system more effective.
    I'm no expert, but I don't see how the new FP rules would have that great of an effect on when the FPs run out at popular attractions, since you never could just go from one place to another and grab FPs. You always had to wait at least two hours or the start of that FP time before getting another.

Or are people who used to save them for later just foregoing the FPs altogether?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I'm no expert, but I don't see how the new FP rules would have that great of an effect on when the FPs run out at popular attractions, since you never could just go from one place to another and grab FPs. You always had to wait at least two hours or the start of that FP time before getting another.

Or are people who used to save them for later just foregoing the FPs altogether?
    And you might be right!! It's probably really, really overthinking it. But if folks who used to "collect" FPs early in the day (without any regard for the return window) now have to be aware of valid return times, it's likely to affect their decision to take some FPs. And to get even deeper into "overthinking it", folks who grab a FP in the morning will now be more likely to be taking time enjoying that attraction during the morning hours instead of running off for other FPs for use later.

I wonder if the Disney Institute could create a 3-day course on the science of the Fast Pass!!

In so many ways, this creates a conversation that's rather silly. In my opinion, FP is a great option to help with some planning during the day. I'm personally glad they are enforcing the return times - it's just something we've always done anyway. But is it going to be a huge change for us? Not at all. And for folks who say they'll need to completely change their planning and might miss some attractions now that they are enforcing the FP return times? I would just say the stand-by line is always an option. It's how most of the guests enjoy most of the attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The official policy is that you can enter 5 min before your posted time and up to 15 min late. So, yes, there's a little grace period, but not unlimited like it used to be.
    I overheard cast members at Soarin' telling guests that they were giving people a 15 minute grace period beyond the end time on the Fastpass.

It seemed to me that there were a lot of groups of people trying to use their Fastpasses prior to the start time. I had to wait several times when I was there March 31-April 1 for cast members to explain the Fastpasses to people and tell them to come back during their assigned times.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the rule. WDW needs to start enforcing rules altogether. Now, people can plan far more efficiently. You know before getting the FP when it is due. If you cannot plan to make it there in time, then don't get them.

The best FP policy I have experienced is US. Unfortunately, WDW is far too big to enable that front of line access. Maybe WDW can start to do something similar based on the resort you are booked in: Values get front of line access to X; Moderate X and Y; Deluxe X, Y, and Z.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post

The best FP policy I have experienced is US. Unfortunately, WDW is far too big to enable that front of line access. Maybe WDW can start to do something similar based on the resort you are booked in: Values get front of line access to X; Moderate X and Y; Deluxe X, Y, and Z.
    Whoa, let's not go there.

Back to the topic at hand--I am glad to hear that people seem to be dealing with the changes in a positive manner. I wondered if some would give CM's a rough time, but it sounds like that isn't happening.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Whoa, let's not go there.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

--I am glad to hear that people seem to be dealing with the changes in a positive manner. I wondered if some would give CM's a rough time, but it sounds like that isn't happening.
    It does happen sometimes, Beth. One of our young college program gals was yelled at for several minutes by a woman who was four hours late and shouted that she had been coming to WDW for years and had always collected FPs to use later in the day. She then demanded an exception because she was a frequent guest. Our young CM stuck to her guns and told me later "right, I'm going to make an exception for her after she ranted at me?" The woman stormed off with her embarrassed husband in tow. LOL
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

It does happen sometimes, Beth. One of our young college program gals was yelled at for several minutes by a woman who was four hours late and shouted that she had been coming to WDW for years and had always collected FPs to use later in the day. She then demanded an exception because she was a frequent guest. Our young CM stuck to her guns and told me later "right, I'm going to make an exception for her after she ranted at me?" The woman stormed off with her embarrassed husband in tow. LOL
    Good for her for sticking to her guns. People shouldn't be rude like that.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

She then demanded an exception because she was a frequent guest. Our young CM stuck to her guns and told me later "right, I'm going to make an exception for her after she ranted at me?"
    Good for her for sticking to her guns. People shouldn't be rude like that.
    Boy, if I were a CM and someone said that to me, it would be REALLY hard for me not to laugh in their face.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: