Quantcast First the Tronorail, now...Avengerail - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    It rolled out on Saturday. It should be around for a few months as there are comments (rumors?) that it will be around well after the movie opens in May.
    If Tronorail is any indication, it will be around weeeeeelllll after the movie opens...and disappears from theaters.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think this looks horrible on the monorail. It totally ruins the theming for the entrance to Main Street IMHO. It just doesn't belong. Wrap the buses not the monrails.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, I guess this means I'll have to see it if we go in July????? I actually hate it!

Oh well, at the end of the day I have far more important things to worry about than a monorail, right? LOL!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Or until Universal decides to order a cease and desist... LOL
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with those that think it looks out of place. Don't like it, does not fit, has nothing to do with Disney. Are they that threatened by Universal these days? Sheesh . For a place that prides itself, or used to, on theming and attention to detail?

This going to the Magic Kingdom? This will confuse the you-know-what out of those that are unfamiliar. I have already been in line at Universal where a man was trying to use his Disney Park Hoppers to get in, "Because," as he told the lady at the turnstile, "his travel agent told him these tickets were good at [I]all[I] the parks."
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot that I wanted to add that it looks like an ad for Universal at Disney
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    "Because," as he told the lady at the turnstile, "his travel agent told him these tickets were good at [I]all[I] the parks."
    LOL! Hilarious!
    --Heff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    .....Actually, I'm with ya...

Flame on.

No pun intended.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks very cool... love the whole "blacked out" look....

....BUT.....

It doesn't work at WDW. Really doesn't work.

Sorry.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, add me to the chorus of people that doesn't like this at Disney. I hate the Marvel stuff and Disney together at all. Even the marvel merchandise in the Disney stores makes me cringe. Just because they bought the rights doesn't make it Disney. Disney has so many great characters of their own. I just don't understand the need and I certainly feel like this will be an eyesore at the MK.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else who doesn't think it fits in MK! It doesn't! Tron, I could see that with Epcot, but this is a stretch to say the least.
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I agree with everyone else who doesn't think it fits in MK! It doesn't! Tron, I could see that with Epcot, but this is a stretch to say the least.
    Eh, people made the same complaints about Star Tours and Indiana Jones once upon a time. I'm not sure why the Lucas properties have been accepted as pure Disney, while Marvel and Avatar are blasphemy.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I kept hoping this was an April Fools joke, but alas no. It's not that I don't like Marvel or The Avengers, I just don't think it fits. Call me old fashioned, but I want the monorail to look like the monorail.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Eh, people made the same complaints about Star Tours and Indiana Jones once upon a time. I'm not sure why the Lucas properties have been accepted as pure Disney, while Marvel and Avatar are blasphemy.
    I don't mind Marvel (My decision on Avatar is still out until I see their plans.) And I don't really mind a wrapped monorail.

I just think Marvel feels weird at MK since there is no tie in to anything at MK. So it feels just like an ad I could see anywhere instead of a part of the park experience.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I am both a Disney nut and a comic book nut, and Marvel has always been my favourite. The monorail looks awesome, I can't wait to see it, in May on our next trip.

I will say Marvel is an odd fit with MK, and even with me having a hand drawn cel of Mickey hanging above my desk, right beside a cel of Wolverine. I still don't think they work together, but I love both.

Remember it's all marketing, and Disney dropped the ball on John Carter, I think the monorail is a step in the right direction in that regard.

It won't be around forever, we will get monorail red back, the way she is supposed to be. It is nice to see Disney experimenting with neat ads though.

On a side note a Marvel land at DHS would be fantastic, an Avengers parade with Mickey in the lead float yelling AVENGERS ASSEMBLE......sorry had to do it.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Yeah, but Star Tours and Indiana Jones are at DHS. I get the tie in with a movie/hollywood themed park like DHS. Completely different vibe at MK though.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

All the fun, charm, nostalgia, and anything remotely interesting about comic book characters has been so exploited and overused by Hollywood over the last 10-15 years that it's just a big yawnfest these days whenever yet another comic tie-in appears anywhere. This gets a big thumbs down from me. Nothing to do with Disney at all and feels like selling out.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

You all can say what you will but I LOVE it and would have loved to see Disney have more Marvel stuff. I hate most of Universal but we loved Marvel Island.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    You all can say what you will but I LOVE it and would have loved to see Disney have more Marvel stuff. I hate most of Universal but we loved Marvel Island.
    Unless Disney buys out the contract for hundreds of millions if not billions, then don't expect much more than a Marvel billboard outside of the theme parks...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the last thing I want to think about on my way to MK is mass destruction. I think of these movies, and I think of buildings being toppled, cars being thrown through the air, and the Statue of Liberty getting blown up. That's not what I want in my head as I walk down the ramp toward the turnstiles. That's what doesn't "fit" for me.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: