Quantcast Is Downtown Disney worth taking time from the parks: - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Another DTD fan here...I would recommend going at least once. I thought it would be boring, but I think your children will enjoy the shopping options. Plus, Disney Quest is pretty cool...
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WE always go to DTD but I like to shop! Love the Christmas Store and can't help but browse WoD. If you are an ice cream person, Ghirardelli's hot fudge sundae is reason enough to go. Sometimes there is music/events on the stage by WoD and there are other fun little things to do. I've found it hit or miss as far as crowds. Sometimes it's insanely packed, other times not so bad. I tend to go in the late afternoon/ early evening, say after a half day at one of the parks.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

....DTD is usually our first "stop" of our vacation at WDW. We usually arrive at out resort before noon...un-pack...maybe hit the pool...and then head to DTD for dinner and shopping. We love to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner...skip dessert...then get a huge ice cream concoction at Ghiradelli (and an espresso...make that a double). We also get all of our shopping done...and of course have the purchases sent back to the resort.

...also.. Wolfgang Puck Express...is a really good counter service eatery...and has some great pizza (only second to the pizza at Via Napoli...in my opinion)
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

usually go to DTD each trip, but idt i would miss it much if i didnt. the art of animation store doesnt seem quite as good or the attached bookstore, scrapbooking place. i like Raglan Rd, but otherwise PI is just a space to walk thru from one side to the other.
    I like Cirque, but have seen it 3 times already.Disneyquest i was in once. dont really go into the shops on that end.
    i usually walk thru WOD and the Pin store, but i hardly buy anything anymore.
    I will probably eat at DD tuesday, since my friend wont have park admission tickets til later in wk. and i may go on the boat at end of wk from POFQ.
    if you have the time yes go, as its better than BW for things to see but if you are on a tight schedule dont worry about trying to get there
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I believe so. Sometimes you need to get out of the hustle and bustle of the parks and see DTD. I think it is an awesome place.. especially at night. Im not a fan of DTD during the day because it is WAY TOO HOT!! But at night time its perfect and so many fun things are going on.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be the party-pooper here. I don't care for DTD. I have restaurants and shops here in our area with the same kind of stuff. To me it is a waste of time unless you just want to get away from the parks.

There are two things there I liked:

1 - Disney Quest is pretty fun for about a half day. We've been there several times and it was worth it

2 - The Adventurers Club is gone, which was pretty cool.

Look at the different clubs/shops/restaurants that are there and see if it's a draw for you.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! It's definitely looking at least once (although I recommend once every trip). The kids will love Disney Quest, filled with games. As a kid I have tons of memories at Lego Land and at the giant Disney Store (best one ever). On top of that I also enjoy browsing the shops, especially the magnet store!!! The restaurants there serve fine food as well. There's a lot to offer. And if you're worried about wasting a day I suggest you do half a day at either one of the water parks: Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon OR spend the day at Animal Kingdom (which always closes early), then go to Downtown Disney in the afternoon
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Default yes!

Our favorite restaurant was Wolfgang Puck Express - great especially if you are on the DDP! We will be trying Raglan Road on our next trip, and the kids just loved our time there. It was more fun to shop there than at the parks! Also, we are staying at POR, so we can take a boat to DTD, so that adds to the fun! I would not miss it if I were you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: