Quantcast Tell me about CBR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about CBR

We are hoping for a trip next Sept/Oct and are looking to stay at CBR. Never having been there what are the likes and dislikes about the resort.

Cathy

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Pros:

1. Option of pirate or Nemo rooms
    2. Love the pool especially the pirate ship play area for littler kids.
    3. Love the colors and the theme
    4. The beaches are fun for sandcastles and I could waste an entire day in a hammock.

Cons:
    1. It's big and spread out so you could end up being very far from the food court/pool. Because it's situated around a lake you can't always take a direct route to where you need to be. They do operate an internal shuttle so it's something easily overcome as long as you are prepared for that.
    2. It always seems busier than the other moderates. The food court can be very loud and busy during peak times.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

About the only thing we liked about it were the quiet pools ... everything else seemed pretty blah -- nothing really stood out. Especially the food court. I'd recommend POFQ, POR or even CSR, frankly.

But it's a matter of taste, most likely.

Disneyland Anaheim JUL66
    Cocoa Beach Hilton SEP86
    [just passing through] OCT94
    Coronado Springs JAN03, DEC06
    Caribbean Beach FEB05
    Disney Magic DEC06
    Fort Wilderness AUG08, AUG09
    Port Orleans French Quarter AUG11
    ???????????????????? XXX14

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CBR twice and enjoyed it both times. It really is a pretty resort. Both times we stayed in Aruba- I had read that both Jamaica and Aruba were nice locations, so I requested both and each time we were placed in Aruba. Aruba is a short walk over a pretty bridge to the pirate pool/restaurants/store from either location- I remember it smelling really floral and Caribbean music playing. The buses make multiple stops all throughout the resort because it is large and spread out-I don't remember it being any better or any worse than other places. Also, if you want to get around the resort without too much walking, there is an internal bus. We really liked and it and would definitely stay there again.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the sandy beach and hamocks for hanging out at night. We'd get snacks & drinks from the food court and let our son play in the sand. It was very peaceful.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, when we first went, I wasn't too big on the resort. But now that I have had time to think about it... I guess it wasn't so bad. Our bus services was awesome. And the pool was neat for kids... and the food court CMs were really nice. And the shop was nice. If I ever went back, I would pay for a preferred room closer to the food court.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

I love CBR. We generally pay for the preferred rooms there, just to be assured that you are close to everything, since its pretty sperad out. I love the main pool, and having the quiet pool is also fun. I love the food court too..dont really know why, but it's my favorite of the mods.

I will only stay here when I have a car though...dealing with luggage on the internal bus is a pain. I love the resort, but having to check in and out in a building that is so removed from everything is not my cup of tea.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: