Quantcast Episode 31 - The Episode That Never Ends - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Two hours and twenty minutes?! Awesome! That will get me through a whole quarter of my work shift tonight. Thank you very much!
    Yes and once again you feature a prominent role in one of our segments.

As John says, that's three episodes in a row. You're now banned.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    I love you.
    Not sure how much of this John left in (haven't listened yet), but it was hilarious watching the guys go at it about these pics. The five of us have admin rights on the INTERCOT Facebook page, so one would put it up and another would take it down. Another went up, and then someone else would take it down, and so on and son on. It was quite the power struggle.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It was quite the power struggle.
    Well I don't know how much of a power struggle it was ... I tried to keep up, but John has all the power.

He is, after all, the MCP.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I'm sure John will go with your "best of" suggestion every time if you promise to do the show notes for him.

Although John may never again suggest anyone else write up the show notes after the constipated picture mention.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

First off, great podcast! I just listened to it while in work, so the fact that it was long was much appreciated. I've noticed a vast improvement lately, particularly the last three episodes, though I can't put a finger on why.
    Speaking of three, that makes three in a row, which means I scored a turkey!
    Now you can ban me if you want, just don't blame me when ratings go down.
    As far as the Handwich is concerned: challenge accepted.
    I like the idea of a Jedi Duffy. I'm going to have to get one, turn it to the Dark Side, and make it Darth Macho's apprentice, Darth Duffy.

Btw, My favorite ride music is the Splash Mountain Medley.
    Once again, thanks for the podcast!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of three, that makes three in a row, which means I scored a turkey!
    Or you're out!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Or you're out!
    Yes. This.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Had me laughing - had to quit listening during my ball game (Kentucky beating Indiana)....

Favorite Ride Music - Honestly Its more Show than ride - what pops into my mind is the Kitchen Kabert's Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit because my brother, sister and I (and our mother) spent the car ride BACK to Upstate SC (about 8 hrs) driving my father completely insane singing this song.

But for total immersion of the ride - the sound track from Soarin'. But I'm a band geek and that appeals to me.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a Jedi Duffy. I'm going to have to get one, turn it to the Dark Side, and make it Darth Macho's apprentice, Darth Duffy.
    I see great potential in this. Maybe that's my block when it comes to Duffy. Too pure and innocent. However if he turns to the dark side and becomes a Sith....Then again, maybe he's secretly Mandalorian and I can get him to become a bounty hunter.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    He is, after all, the MCP.

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    Although John may never again suggest anyone else write up the show notes after the constipated picture mention.
    You weren't the first to bring it up, so I wouldn't worry.

And yes, everyone please remember to mention your favorite ride music.

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, I haven't been there in person yet but from the pics, I can totally understand why you were impressed by those bathrooms! The building looks beautiful. I love that style,

For ride music, I have to go with Darth, Splash Mountain medley hands down.(Sensing a theme here? Fun fact! I tried to register as SplashLover but it was already taken). Pirates and Haunted Mansion are tied for second.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite podcast...so good I tweeted it! Thanks for the entertainment. Ya'll had me wanting a Handwich...I would love a corn beef hash and egg breakfast Handwich with a side of grits!

Ride music- Has to be Pirates...though I do like Carosel.

Keep up the good work!

K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the extra long format. It kept me entertained while slaving away at work. You guys can talk as long as you want and I'll be listening

A few thoughts -

One More Disney Day- Boy I am never go to live down that picture. It's funny because I wasn't tired at all when it was taken. Just caught mid blink. After watching Trista and Jeff play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom that night, we tried a few weeks later. Really fun.

Storybook Circus- I took my daughter on the new Dumbo last week and she loved. I really like the water feature. She also rode Barnstormer and loved that.

Agent P- We are in the excited for this camp. John, you definitely have to catch up with Phineas and Ferb.

Very jealous of John's cruise and Carol's Disneyland trip. Both are on my wish list.

Ride music- It used to be COP's music for me until we got stuck on the ride and listened to it about 25 times. So I am going to go with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Thanks for an entertaining show!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished the episode... If WDW sold the handwich, yea, I'd totally give one a try...

As for favorite ride theme song, one no one mentioned: the original Journey Into Your Imagination's One Little Spark, sung by Dreamfinder...

Actually, I could list really any song from the Epcot... Before my last road trip, in 2009, I made it a goal to find Epcot theme songs and make a CD.. Well, I would up with my own personalized 3 CD set... Epcot has the best, or at least HAD the best attraction theme songs ever...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Great podcast!!! I love the long ones. It helps my days at work Do more like these more often! PRETTY PLEASEEEEEEE. Have you guys ever thought about doing special "guest" appearances with some of the members here? I think that would be fun. Do like "surprise special guests"!

Ian, I can totally picture you riding your daughter's bike, with the little pink basket in the front whistling along!! LOL
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, how exactly does one, "ride a toilet"
    I love your response to the guys "You boys and your potty humor" lol!! Mel, the head twit enjoys riding toilets.....hmmm interesting....lol

Carol, I would totally visit Carol-Wood!! It would be a great place!

And hey!! I like Nancy Grace! lol (I know I know she can be a little much at times) haha Please don't hold it against me!

The COP date dial has been gone the past two years. It was missing on DBF and I's trip in January 2011, and haven't seen it back since We used to take a picture in front of it every year so 2011 was the first year it went missing. We were a little scared it was a sign of them closing it down because that was the first time we ever saw the date not there. The dial is there but if you look closely you can see they just have like a plastic cover up thing where the date goes. If you look close you can see the slight color difference. So it is still there, they just aren't showing the date for some reason. But I always found the date to be an important part of the actual show, why would they just cover it up out of nowhere?
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I TOTALLY remember the Handwich!! In fact, I used to look forward to it each trip (lame, I know). The Land food court was the place to get them. The BEST was the chicken salad Handwich. Then they got rid of the chicken salad and the Handwich, and that was the start of the decline in quality at the food court. All you need to do to make one at home today is buy pita bread, roll it up in a cone shape and fill it. I guess you could stick a toothpick in it to keep it from unrolling (it is recommended not to eat the toothpick).

BEST OF RIDE MUSIC - Gotta go with the ORIGINAL Journey to Imagination. That song was even more catchy than IASW!

Love the podcasts!! They just keep getting funnier and funnier each time. LOVE you guys!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh cool, I scored a mention too.
    Feeling awesome. Can't wait to hear about the cruise.

Ride music... thinking, thinking... I do miss the Now Is the Time from Carousel of Progress too. It's not the original, maybe, but it was the first one I heard in '81, and the one that was playing when I got stuck there during my honeymoon (1990). But that's not my favorite. My favorite is Pirates of the Caribbean. It sets the tone and puts you in the mood to party with the pirates. And how about Twilight Zone Tower of Terror? The most significant thing with it is not just the music, but when the music and sound stops and- silence- you know you're about to drop.

By the way, there is a place in NYC selling pizza cones, which sound suspiciously like handwiches. It's pizza sauce, cheese, toppings, in a baked dough cone.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    But I always found the date to be an important part of the actual show, why would they just cover it up out of nowhere?
    My guess? They didn't want to have to pay a Cast Member to change the thing once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Ian, I can totally picture you riding your daughter's bike, with the little pink basket in the front whistling along!! LOL
    To help enhance the imagery, here's a pic of the bike itself:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Best ride music: RnRC starring Aerosmith. Name says it all. "Sweet Emotion" is my fave.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: