Quantcast Caribbean Beach?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caribbean Beach?

I'm planning a trip for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I was disappointed by the limited number of host hotels. I don't want to rent a car so a host hotel is a must. The only moderate option is the Caribbean Beach. I've read some not so great reviews lately but we really like the moderate hotels and this seems to be the best option for us. So please convince me that the Caribbean Beach will be great! Or tell me honestly why it isn't so great. Our fav resort is either of the Port Orleans. The next option for a host hotel would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge which is significantly more for the week. Our group includes adults and a 4 year old boy.

Thanks for the info!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed my stay at CBR. The pool is really nice. It has a zero entry and a pirate theme. The little boy will love it! It is more spread out than POR but we did not find it too taxing to walk from our room to the main building and we had a room that was pretty far away. We also really liked the TS at CBR! It was nice and relaxing!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there a couple of years ago & really enjoyed our stay there. The resort is large we were in the Martinique Building #25. It was just a five minute walk to the food court which was pretty good - only ate breakfast. The bus stop was very close and we never waited over 5 minutes for a bus which was great. The pool is very nice plus they have all kinds of activities at the resort that the 4 year would really enjoy.
    Disneyland Christmas 2015
    Contemporary & Pop July 2011
    French Quarter June 2010
    WL June 2009
    CBR June 2008
    ASMovies July 2007
    POR June 2006
    FW May 1996
    Orange Lake Country Club May 1988
    Poly September 1986
    CR October 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Stayed there about a month ago. We stayed in Martinique # 23. That's a preferred location which made it closer to food court, gift shop and main pool.

Really loved our stay. Relaxing.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. Do the preferred rooms cost extra or do you just try to request them at check-in?
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Do the preferred rooms cost extra or do you just try to request them at check-in?
    You'll pay $25-30 more for the preferred rooms, depending on the season.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Caribbean Beach in '10 for the inagural Wine & Dine, and it worked great. My hubby has always had good luck with the busses to and from the RunDisney events.

We've stayed at CBR for longer stays as well, and we really enjoy the resort. Yes, it's large, but it's fun and nicely themed. Like previously mentioned, the boy will most likely love the Pirate themeing. If you want to spend a bit more, you could splurge for a Pirate room.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed once, in a Pirate Room. My then 2 1/2 year old boy LOVED it! He still talks about the Pirate Room. I liked the resort overall, but prefer other Disney resorts, primarily due to the size of the resort. You should know that the Pirate rooms are the farthest from the main building, although there is a nice walk along the waterway to get there. Although I would pick other resorts over this one, I wouldn't hesitate at all to stay there either.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: