Quantcast split res. and free dining

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default split res. and free dining

I am planning a trip to WDW staying at the WL for August 21-29 . Free dining starts on the 25.
    If I split my Reservation say check out on the 24 and check back in on the 25 will I get free dining?

Also do I need to even do that or will Disney apply the free dining to my package from 25-29?
    I have never done free dining before and have no idea how it works but since it is available I am thinking about it.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want the 'free dining' promotion, you would need to 'split' your stay...They will not apply a promotion in the middle of a reservation. (However, if it was the other way around -- you check in during the 'free dining' promotion and it 'ends' during your stay, you would still get the 'free dining' for your entire stay. I don't think any other promotion works like this, though.)

In your case, the idea of checking out on the 24th and in on the 25th would be close....You would actually need to check out in the morning of the 25th and back in later in the day on the 25th (possibly right after you check out??), otherwise you would not have a place to stay on the night of the 24th!!

However you do it, enjoy your visit!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You actually would have to check out and then check in both on the 25th. But would this really be worth it???? If your dates are flexible, moving the trip to start on the 25th might be the way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going aug 20th. I was considering moving the date back a few days and splitting our stay. However, I'm pretty sure you have to split your ticket packages which makes them more expensive. So after doing the math, it didn't really save us much to split our stay. Not to mention change our flights as I had already booked our air b/c of a good deal.

I could be wrong, or someone else here may know better, but you may want to price it out before you split - Good luck !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We are going Aug 19 - 31. You would have to buy at least 2 (I think) days of tickets to get the free dining. Karen from Magical Journeys did the math and it would only save us $17. The hassel of checking out and checking back in just isn't worth it.
    No free dining for us, but at least we'll be in Disney
    Sept 2003 All Star Movies
    Jan 2007 Pop Century
    Jan 2008 All Star Movies
    Jan 2009 All Star Music
    Aug 2012 Art of Amination/Carribean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I can't relly change my dates becasue I teach . I don't thinkit will be worth it so I will probably just keep things the way they are.
    thanks for all the info!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the same boat, my dh is a teacher and goes back that week too. If it's any consolation, when I looked back they offered discounts for that time.
    I know in May 2011 they offered room discounts for August 2011 and then in May 2010 they finally offered free dining for that period. I'm not counting on it, but it would be gladly welcomed !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: