Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why? - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea reading this would bring back the memories of bad meals!! Originally the one restaurant that came to mind instantly for me was Artist Point.

Why? Well, we checked in early and had to wait until an hour past our ADR (with two kids under 5 -- who are well behaved, but even I was antsy after waiting so long) -- other parties walked up with NO ADR and were seated (same size party) and when I asked the CM hostess brused me off THREE TIMES.

I was ready to leave before we even sat down, but I appeased DH b/c for once he looked at the menues before hand and ASKED to eat here -- he never does that, so I caved.

Once seated we were treated by our server with disdain I believe b/c we had children. My older son specifically waited his turn and when I had ordered my meal I then asked DS#1 what he would like to order. The server did not even acknowledge his presence at the table. When my son was done telling his order the server looked at me and asked, "What's he going to have?"......I said, "you should have written it down, he just politely told you what he wanted". The service went even further down hill from there.....our app came out via another server (barely warm), our meal came out via another server (cold) -- OUR server walked by once toward another table and DH flagged him down for a second glass of wine and then he brought our check WITH the glass of wine -- didn't even ask if we wanted dessert (which DS had wanted the puzzle you paint -- at that time). I know this is a "nicer" place, but REALLY! When you work as a server and ignore a table you don't deserve compensation for that table......while you chit chat to friends of yours at the next table (which ours did) -- and just gushed and gushed over them repeatedly.

We were not on the dining plan, we used no discount card of any sort, we were pretty patient and DS#1 was nothing but polite (it was one of those moments you as a parent are proud of!). DS#2 was 6 mo old and he slept thru the meal -- we had fed him while waiting.

So for us, that was the absolute worst place we have eaten.

Other less than par meals for us would be:
    *ABC Commisary (we trashed our food and left after two bites -- it WAS that bad)
    *Studio Catering -- DS had a chicken leg that looked cremated! And they would not replace it when I said something upon its arrival on our tray.
    *Brown Derby -- just not what it's all cracked up to be to us.
    San Angel Inn -- again, totally ignored as a table while he served his friends and the food was AWFUL!

On the upside -- we have eaten all over property and honestly this list is a VERY SMALL percentage of the places we have been to----so we're lucky in that respect!

Plus -- dining is subjective.....everyone has different tastes -- otherwise I'm thinking some of the places that keep coming up as "bad" wouldn't be there anymore.

Have a fun trip and eat well!!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So based on the responses to this thread...pretty much every restaurant is one to avoid.

It does illustrate how experiences can be different from trip to trip though. We've had bad experiences at locations one trip only to have a great experience the next (SciFi is one I can think of).
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

Prime time cafe. We used to love it, but last time we went the portions were tiny and they rushed us out. Not a pleasant experience.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I also would say 50's (although I do laugh at how much I enjoy some that people hate).. it is too hit or miss - might get someone fun but twice we went and had someone that just was not into character - defeats the purpose especially combined with cost/size.
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

The Luau at the Polynesian. Food was cold. Service was horrible. I know everything Disney is expensive but this was WAY overpriced for what we got.
    Last edited by Hammer; 04-14-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: language

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why?

Cali Grill...I will not go into the story but terrible all around... you would have to drag me back

Post Thanks / Like

Hollywood and Vine
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Rainforest Cafe

I won't go back to Rainforest Cafe. I just thought the food was very average and bland for the high price. I could have gotten equally good food at a Cracker Barrel or some other chain restaraunt for half the price.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort
    December 2014 - CBR
    March 2015 - Swan
    June 2015 - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I would break my least favs down like this:

1900 Park Fare (dinner) It was nice the first time but when we went again a second time, it was terrible. I loaded up on desserts!

San Angel Cantina- HUGE disappointment! Not enough seating too!

Liberty Tree Tavern- Tried the dinner after the characters were gone and decided it wasn't worth it.

Studio Catering- Yuck!

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli. I've lived in Naples, Italy and the pizza is nothing like the real thing...especially the Margherita Pizza.

And...while my kids and I like O'hana, my husband is NOT a fan of the food.

Finally, The Rainforest Cafe. Overpriced for average food and we can go to their location right here in Massachusetts (not that we ever DO go there). Nothing special...at all.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo - we enjoyed the atmosphere but the food was too salty to swallow

TRex - our server was so bad our whole meal (6 people) was comped - as were the meals of the 2 tables on either side of us. The meal started with the waitress dropping the appetizer in my husbands lap..... only went downhill from there!

Tony's - i ordered chicken parm and the spaghetti it came with was so overcooked it disintegrated in my mouth when i tried to chew it - ugh

That said - we've had tons of meals in many of the other restaurants and always found them enjoyable - just these 3 after dozens of trips, not bad!

Post Thanks / Like

During my first trip to the resort without my parents, my girlfriend and I went for a week. On our night in DHS, we had no reservations and only the Sci Fi drive in had an open table. We thought it would be cool to experience this since we went to our local drive in a few times in our area before the last of them closed. As previous posters mentioned, the film is terrible. Just pick a few B movies and play them all the way through!! The set up can definitely work but show actual movies. Also, the food was some of the worst I had on property. Service was fine but the food and film have ruined this for me.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
    Jun-Jul 14 - ASSp
    Jun 15 - Pop
    Aug 15 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Brown Deby. Food was poor and the sevice was horrible. We actually had a Disney exec. sitting next to us and we were talking about some of the upcoming Disney projects. About 20 minutes after seating, there were no beverages, no bread at the table, no orders taken and basically no sever. The Exec. took the waiter who finally showed to the woodshed so to speak. Unfortunately it didn't seem to help.
    I'll NOT be Baaaack!

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Ours would be Sci-Fi Drive In. Nothing was super bad, the food was fine and all. But it was pricey for hot dogs and nachos. I understand you're paying for atmosphere, but it wasn't worth the money.
    07/95 FW
    12/96 Off Prop
    11/97 CBR
    12/98 ASM
    12/01 ASMo
    11/03 Off Prop
    12/04 ASMo
    12/07 ASSp, Pop
    12/09 ASM
    09/10 FW, SSR
    11/11 SSR
    02/12 POR
    05/12 OKW
    01/13 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

This has been interesting to read everyones comments. I think it just depends on when you go. My husband and I like Crystal Palace, and eat there on every trip. Trails End-left with a very full stomach. Yum. I would not go back to Kouzzina. Service was good, but I didn't like having the cinnamon on lasagna.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

~Ohana's character breakfast. For some reason, the characters kept skipping our table. We were there for over an hour, and none came over. When we complained to the management, they were unconcerned. We had finished our meal, and we refused to pay until we got to see at least ONE charater. The waitress was annoyed with us, because we wouldn't leave, but for the price of breakfast and gratuities for six, we wanted to see at least one character!
    ~We had ADR's for Hollywood & Vine's character breakfast on our last trip. We still waited over an hour. By the time we were seated, they were beginning to serve lunch. As previous posts have noted, the place was filthy.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrowncatP View Post
    This has been interesting to read everyones comments. I think it just depends on when you go. My husband and I like Crystal Palace, and eat there on every trip. Trails End-left with a very full stomach. Yum. I would not go back to Kouzzina. Service was good, but I didn't like having the cinnamon on lasagna.
    Cinnamon on lasagna? Ewwww
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the first to say it (I think), but I think Chef Mickey's is WAY overrated. I'm a big dork - I LOVE character meals - but that place is SOOOOOOO crowded that it's insane. I hated that if a character was in the room that you'd better stay put, because if you left to get food and they went by your table, you were just out of luck. I felt a little captive - and hated making my kids wait JUST in case Mickey would swing by... The food was fine - not terrible, but not amazing. Typical buffet. But SO noisy and crowded!! I don't hate it, but it's just not my thing.

Now, a few people have mentioned Cape May, the Norway princess breakfast, and Ohana; these 3 we just LOVE. (See, I am a big dork! And it just goes to show you, one person's "blah" is another person's "must see/do!") But we had amazing times at all three of these and thought the food was good (esp. at the Ohana breakfast -- YUMMMY!!) And, boy do we have some fun memories of Lilo and Stitch! Our now 7 year old girl was 2 1/2 when we went to Ohana and she was scared of Stitch, and he was SO funny with her and her big brother. Once when he passed by, Stitch pointed to the empty high chair (I'd taken her to the bathroom). Without missing a beat, my 9 year old said, "We ate her!" and Stitch made a big to-do out of how YUMMY she would have been! (She saw the end of his theatrics and spent a good bit of time following him around for the rest of the breakfast, which was hilarious to everyone who witnessed it!!)

And to be even more oppositional-defiant, we adored the 1900 park faire meal, too. Lots of fun! And a truly yummy place to eat was Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom!

(I miss Disney!!!)

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

We wouldn't eat at Biergarten in the Germany pavillion again simply because we didn't like the food. Service was great as was the entertainment, but the food just didn't appeal to us.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Oh -- forgot to mention Boma!

Ambiance: cool decorations and artwork
    Food: icky (to me) -- just wasn't as amazing as everyone said it would be. I don't remember being esp. impressed with much of anything there, food-wise. The staff was nice, the dessert they brought us (it was our son's birthday) was very cool-looking and lovely. But all those "gotta try this" foods??? Bleah. NOT IMPRESSED! I remember thinking that if we had Disney virgins with us, that this place would be great for showing them how cool a restaurant/eatery could be, how much selection, how "authentic-feeling" it can be... But honestly, if it's just US (my family and me), we'd much rather head over to Whispering Canyon or someplace (including Germany, who I thought had great food - even though I don't really like sausage OR beer!!!) Just, no Boma for us, thanks. (Though someone DID say they had a rockin' breakfast buffet at Boma that we probably would have liked a lot more...!)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: