Quantcast What is one place you would NOT eat again, and why? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    If you asked me before our most recent trip, Coral Reef would have been at the top. We hadn't been there since 2000 or 2001. Our experience was horrible. One hour wait WITH ADRs. Food was just so-so. However, on our last trip, we gave it another shot. Seated quickly. Our waiter was exemplary. The food was terrific. SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.
    That is probably a good reminder not to put something on the "never" list because of one bad experience! Perhaps the only thing it should come down to is if the menu has items I like, or not...and not whether I had bad service or poor food quality on one occasion years ago!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony's - very quaint but he food is just blah. Once is enough.

Side note - my parents were just there and ended up getting a patio seat as the parade was starting - they thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Cape may we gave it a second chance and still horrible.besides the food not being that good the service was horrible both times and we waited forever to be seated.

Mama Melrose is another that was one of our favorites we went to every trip but we will never go back there. Service was the worst in the park. Child next to our table literally got sick on the table and not only did we have to sit there the mother took the child away and the father had to sit there for 20 minuteswaiting for the check.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for 9 dragons. One of the first times we went there is was wonderful. We re-visited it in Sept of last year and could hardly stomach it. Just bad.
    DL 2000 (off site)
    DW 2001 (CSR)
    DW 2008 (POP)
    DW 2009 (CSR)
    Sept 2011 POFQ
    Hoping to get back sooner vs. later. :)

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commissary was some of the most inedible food I've ever tried to eat.

Crystal Palace =
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderella's Royal Table.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier!

Yes, I know I'm in the minority but I'm sticking to it. Our service was soooo bad, it was the absolute worst in all the World. My steak came to the table walking and talking and had to be sent back twice. By that time everyone else in our party were finishing their dinner. I was so ticked I used my 'charm' to get the entire meal comped to the tune of well over a few hundred bucks.

Again, I know I'm in the minority, but we'll never go back!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Grand Floridian Cafe'. Raw red roast, then burnt...
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

The Habachi Place in Japan. Small portions and way over priced.

Chefs de France, in Paris Pavilion. I may be spoiled having been to paris many times, but this was just gross gross gross.

Post Thanks / Like

Tony's - really cute but really worse than chef-boy-r-dee food - blech.

Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner now that the characters are gone - it's just blah - mostly prepackaged food (like the stouffers mac & cheese and the turkey breast is the boneless kind that has that texture and is salty like the kind you get at the deli sliced) as well. Once in a while it is not so bad but it is not worth the chance.
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Yes!! Thats the place, I'm so sorry!!!
    No apologies necessary!! When you said where it was, I'm sure most knew which one....It doesn't hurt matters when the ABC Commissary ends up on a lot of "Yech!!" lists too!! LOL

Coral Reef! It's the worst! We've had two very bad experiences ( service and food) there and now just can't bring ourselves to waste that kind of money on a terrible experience. Especially when there are many GOOD dining options at Epcot!
    After my first trip (2003) I would have said the same thing, but we were noobies and I really didn't know the parks and restaurants at all (can you say No Research!!!)....We were in Epcot and starved after a long day and wanted a sit dow and relax meal...Walked into Coral Reef because it looked nice, tucked back there in the corner behind The Seas pavilion (pre-Nemo!!)....Should have known better when we saw the waiting area packed, but were told a 5 - 10 minute wait....Almost an hour later, we were seated in the center section - not high enough to see over everyone and not low enough to see under....We ordered, waited some more, and got meals that were, at best, blah.

It took 5 or 6 trips to try it again, but we are GLAD that we did!!! Now, it is a must do TS meal for us on every trip!

Just goes to show that you cannot make a lasting decision based on one disappointing visit.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Shutters at carib beach. around my house it is refered to as "shudders".
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Kouzzina's - not that it was terrible...we loved the decor and location. And the service was alright. It just wasn't very good.

Brown Derby - went for lunch OOP. My wife got the Cobb Salad. I don't even remember what I got. But I know that it was average, and we paid $100 for lunch. Sheesh!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Kringla in Norway...we tried this two trips ago OOP. The sandwiches we got were soggy and the meat was slimy. We were afraid the meat was going to slither right off the table it was so slimy. There was also a lot of flour underneath the sandwich...almost like they were trying to sop up the sogginess. We ditched the sandwiches and ate somewhere else. Bleh!

Post Thanks / Like

There are two restaurants that really stick out to me that we would never go back to.. #1 would be Tony's Town Square.. yuck! We are italians and we love our italian cuisine, but I will never forget eating there for the first time with my family and the nats that were flying all over the place and around our food.. the food was not good and my mom ended up getting so sick after that meal, she was stuck in the room the whole rest of the night and threw money at us to go play in the arcade or do something so we didnt have to be around her.. I felt so bad. So we will never eat there again.

#2 would be Sci-fi... ate there twice and although our experience was nowhere near as bad as Tony's, the choices on the menu weren't great and the seating felt very tight. Wish they would play actual movies instead of a 10 minute loop that keeps repeating over and over. Not a fan.. 50's Prime Time is way better IMHO.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We don't like Sci Fi Drive In. I wanted to, and the concept is great, but it was very underwhelming as far as food goes. We never consider going back.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    SBETigg, you may want to give them another chance.
    I would be up for it. We've given Kona Cafe several (and still don't care for it). But I would have to go it alone, because there is no convincing my husband to venture there again. And, I'm all for giving places a second try and you can't always tell from one bad visit and all that but... Sometimes that first visit is so overwhelmingly bad that there is absolutely no going back. Such was our experience, for my husband anyway, at Coral Reef. It's irredeemable. And a shame, but that's what happens when all of it (food/service/management) goes wrong at once.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

LIberty tree, Sci Fi Drive In and 50s Prime Time. I have even given 50's 2 more chances and just can't stand it.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    Shutters at carib beach. around my house it is refered to as "shudders".
    Us too! That place is just nasty. We have given it two tries, and it's on the list now. Tony's too. That 'food' is just yucko!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

T-Rex
    It's like a combination of Rainforest Cafe and an elemtary school cafeteria. Boring and loud. Never to return.
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: