Quantcast Is Fanny Pack OK in parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Fanny Pack OK in parks?

Everyone keeps posting not to take a purse to the parks, (which I NEVER do) but to take a laynard (which I ALWAYS do). Here's my question, is it ok to take a fanny pack?

I have never been to Universal and keep hearing about the lockers. Will they let you on the rides with a fanny pack. I always take a small one when we are at Disney for any essentials and sharpie & autograph book for my DD9.

I am not a trill seeker and will not be on any roller coasters......just the milder rides & shows.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Fanny packs are absolutely fine! You will need to have it checked in the regular security lines, but then you are good to go!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will be fine at Universal with a fanny pack. They are pretty strict about letting people on rides with any types of bags, but that only applies to the big thrill rides (coasters and such).

The lockers are free though, from what I recall. You get them free for up to 2 hours or something, while you wait and ride, and they are located right next to the rides. So, in the event that you need to lock it up, it's not a hassle or anything.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the lockers are only free for the wait time for FJ. I could be anywhere from a half an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how long the FJ line is. I did not know this and found out the hard way. I had gone on FJ two times in a row and when I went back to the locker I was charged for the time over my first ride. They do not want you to use these lockers all day, that is why they do it that way. They need to be cleared out so others going on FJ have a locker to use. At least that is what the locker attendent told me.

The lockers are a very big hassle MOST times.
    You are in a small space, people are rushing, some malfunction. They are very sensitive and sometimes need to be reset. My advice avoid the lockers if you can so you can get into line quicker.

A fanny pack is questionable. I have been in front of people who had them and had to get out of line and put them in the lockers. Then I have seen others that did not get "caught" with them. I suggest if you are going to try to get on with one to, if possible, keep it under your shirt or jacket (if you have one on).
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I have been both passed and stopped on the same ride a little while later. I try to avoid any bags.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    I have been both passed and stopped on the same ride a little while later. I try to avoid any bags.
    This is exactly why I tell people not to try it. You never know and it's frustrating. IMO getting out of line to start all over again isn't worth it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Hit or miss. You might get through as others said and you might not. I know they are very strict about cameras, sunglasses, hats etc.
    On a few rides (Dragon Challendge specifically)if you wear flip flops they don't make you put them in the locker, but when you get to the ride car they want you to try to stuff them in your back pocket and sit on them.

Point of my story: go as lightly as possible or be prepared to use the lockers.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I, for one, can vouch that on The Mummy ride they will not allow the fanny paks.

I do a 'walk through' and always end up being the pack horse for the group!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Some rides allow, and some don't. For particularly fast or dynamic rides (FJ, Rockit, Mummy), they may not allow you to take your fanny pack due to the unique nature of the ride restraint. Other attractions (MIB for sure, but maybe others) may simply ask you to wear the fanny pack at your side to avoid blocking the ride restraint from coming all the way down.

As far as the lockers go, they generally work IF you follow the guidelines properly. The ride lockers are designed to give you enough time to experience the attraction once and return to retrieve your articles. The best deal on all-day lockers are at the front of USF and IOA - for one flat rate, you can not only keep the articles in all day, but they're generally cheaper ($8 for small, $10 for family size) AND you can re-open them more than one time (ride lockers allow you to open them once, keeping them rotating to accomodate all of the people who would like to ride).

If you get charged for your ride locker and feel that this is in error (you did only ride once, for example, yet you still got charged anyhow), find the Locker Attendant (gray polo, black shorts/pants for most venues, but at WWoHP they are dressed like the other Team Members. Generally, they're close to the lockers and assisting the droves of park guests having locker issues) and have them look into it. Most of the time, they're more than happy to look into it.
    Last edited by Surfer_Clock; 04-20-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention WWoHP locker attendants, who wear the same wardrobe of the other TMs.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: