Quantcast Storybook Circus Opening Date and Snow White's Scary Adventures Closing Date - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Argh!!!

I will miss it by one week . . .
    DL/DCA 40+ days a year 1999-2004
    10 D. CBR 6/02
    11 D. AKL 7/05
    6 D. CBR 12/05
    11 D. BWR 7/06
    11 D. POFQ (never again) 7/07
    7 D. CBR 11/07
    12 D. AKL/CR 7/08
    11 D. AKL 12/09
    12 D. BWI 6/10
    10 D. AKL 11/10
    10 D. POR (never again) 6/11
    10 D. AKL 12/11
    10 D. CBR 6/12
    Next 11D BWI 11/12

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll miss it by 2 days

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

SWSA was one of our last rides before we left on Sunday. I'll admit that I'll miss it ... it was always one of DD10's favorite rides when she was littler (Snow White was her favorite princess) and with twin girls who are almost two I feel bad that it won't be around when they hit prime princess age.

The other thing I'm struggling with is the fact that they're shuttering it to replace it with a meet-n-greet. You're telling me that in all that new space, with all those new castles, there's no other spot to put princess meet-n-greets??? Also, why close it now when the new Fantasyland rides won't be online for months to years yet? Seems like they could have kept it open at least until Ariel comes up later this year? I find that slightly irritating.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

The other thing I'm struggling with is the fact that they're shuttering it to replace it with a meet-n-greet. You're telling me that in all that new space, with all those new castles, there's no other spot to put princess meet-n-greets??? Also, why close it now when the new Fantasyland rides won't be online for months to years yet? Seems like they could have kept it open at least until Ariel comes up later this year? I find that slightly irritating.
    Couldn't agree more. They could've also turned it into a non-Snow White themed attraction using the existing track.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    Couldn't agree more. They could've also turned it into a non-Snow White themed attraction using the existing track.
    That would have been highly preferable, IMO. Really, if you think about it and look at the concept art, they're adding a huge new area to Fantasyland that at the end of the day has three new rides and that's it. One of them is a copy of an existing attraction (Dumbo II) and the other is a net-break even because it replaces another attraction (Seven Drawfs Mine Train/SWSA).

So w're really getting one new attraction for all this hoopla and it's actually starting to irk me a bit. The rest of it is restaurants (which I find ironic, since they already have two restaurants they aren't using!), shops, meet and greets, and a playground. I can't believe they couldn't, in all that new space, find a place for a meet and greet that didn't require shuttering an existing ride.

And yeah to your last point, if you're going to shut SWSA down because you think it's old, no one loves it, it's too scary, or whatever then replace it with a new ride. Just put like Pinocchio or Alice in Wonderland in there from DL or something, if you want to save some money.

The more I dig into the FLE, the less excited about it I am.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

That would have been highly preferable, IMO. Really, if you think about it and look at the concept art, they're adding a huge new area to Fantasyland that at the end of the day has three new rides and that's it. One of them is a copy of an existing attraction (Dumbo II) and the other is a net-break even because it replaces another attraction (Seven Drawfs Mine Train/SWSA).

So w're really getting one new attraction for all this hoopla and it's actually starting to irk me a bit. The rest of it is restaurants (which I find ironic, since they already have two restaurants they aren't using!), shops, meet and greets, and a playground. I can't believe they couldn't, in all that new space, find a place for a meet and greet that didn't require shuttering an existing ride.

And yeah to your last point, if you're going to shut SWSA down because you think it's old, no one loves it, it's too scary, or whatever then replace it with a new ride. Just put like Pinocchio or Alice in Wonderland in there from DL or something, if you want to save some money.

The more I dig into the FLE, the less excited about it I am.
    The point that bugs me is that out of all the expansion we get not one E ticket. Not one.

Putting in a new ride in the old SWSA building would have been wonderful. Heck, they could have even brought back MTWR, but I guess they assume that princesses will generate more money. Its sickening, in a way...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    The point that bugs me is that out of all the expansion we get not one E ticket. Not one.
    Well the jury is out on that in my mind at least until more detail around 7DMT are released.

From some of the early descriptions I've heard of it, it could be close to an E-Ticket type attraction.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Well the jury is out on that in my mind at least until more detail around 7DMT are released.

From some of the early descriptions I've heard of it, it could be close to an E-Ticket type attraction.
    I was going off the first reports that it would be a D ticket at best. I hope those are wrong!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think those reports are wrong... One or two small show scenes added to a coaster no more thrilling than Barnstormer... Not an E ticket by any stretch of the imagination, and if anyone thinks it is. sadly, they are fooling themselves... MAYBE it is a D... but possibly a C+....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 7D Mine Train, from photos and diagrams that I've seen, won't have anywhere near the speed or "thrills" of even the Barnstormer, but I still think it will be innovative and fun. The proof will be in the pudding, of course, but I agree there's no way it would rate as a "E" ticket attraction. If BTMRR and Space Mountain are "E"s, then Barnstormer would be no better than a "C" or maybe C+. Thrills alone don't make an attraction an "E" level attraction I know, so I'm hoping the new technology of the Mine Train will give it a boost as a new type of attraction. How good it will be will depend a lot on what you see from the cars, (scenes and theming) and not just the physical sensations of the cars and track.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe all the poo-poo on this attraction. Not sure why, and if I listen to most of you I'm wrong, but all I've seen reminds me of 20K Leagues at Tokyo DisneySea, which is definitely an E-ticket. Mufasa???? Where are you????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I think the 7D Mine Train, from photos and diagrams that I've seen, won't have anywhere near the speed or "thrills" of even the Barnstormer, but I still think it will be innovative and fun. The proof will be in the pudding, of course, but I agree there's no way it would rate as a "E" ticket attraction. If BTMRR and Space Mountain are "E"s, then Barnstormer would be no better than a "C" or maybe C+. Thrills alone don't make an attraction an "E" level attraction I know, so I'm hoping the new technology of the Mine Train will give it a boost as a new type of attraction. How good it will be will depend a lot on what you see from the cars, (scenes and theming) and not just the physical sensations of the cars and track.
    You should get a view of the new areas of Fantasyland and not much more... Disney is being very loose with what they consider show scenes for this ride because it lacks any real ones...

They can't let it go too fast because they have to put kids on it... There can't be much in the way of any real drops or swaying of the cars for the same reason... When it comes down to it, it may be a tad better than Barnstormer... But not much more...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Call me "old" but I miss the days of characters roaming the park. All these meet and greets take the fun out of it....

Then again, I dont have kids yet....maybe that makes a difference?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Call me "old" but I miss the days of characters roaming the park. All these meet and greets take the fun out of it....

Then again, I dont have kids yet....maybe that makes a difference?
    There are still some minor characters that are out and about, but the major ones are meet and greets, because of the bottlenecks they create and because people don't just get pics anymore -- they get autographs too, which creates more waits. Also people like seeing their favorites and are disappointed when they don't get to.

I totally agree it takes some of the fun and "magic" out of spontaneously seeing someone you didn't expect. But it doesn't seem that you can find much spontaneity at Disney anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I'm not at all concerned about not having an E-ticket ride. I will reserve judgment about the two NEW rides until after I experience them.

The bigger picture is that looks to me like they are trying to create a more immersive experience, not just put in more rides. That area of Fantasyland was due for a 21st Century upgrade, and people FOR YEARS have complained about dark rides like SWSA being outdated (I don't agree, but that's another story). Yeah, they could have put in another attraction there, but it doesn't mean they won't ever.

I'm really looking forward to another "land" to experience in the Magic Kingdom for the first time in many years.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

The bigger picture is that looks to me like they are trying to create a more immersive experience, not just put in more rides. That area of Fantasyland was due for a 21st Century upgrade, and people FOR YEARS have complained about dark rides like SWSA being outdated (I don't agree, but that's another story). Yeah, they could have put in another attraction there, but it doesn't mean they won't ever.

I'm really looking forward to another "land" to experience in the Magic Kingdom for the first time in many years.
    I think I'm with Aurora here.

I went on SWSAfor the last time last night. I have fond memories of being terrified on that ride at 6. I still enjoy riding it but I can understand why it feels dated to some especially for someone visiting for the first time who doesn't have the nostalgic feelings that many of us have.

I do wish they were keeping it open longer since the meet and greet won't be opening for quite some time but I can understand why they are putting it there.

To me, the mine train is the replacement for SWSA. It is not going in the same space, but it is replacing it. It wouldn't really make sense to try to redo SWSA into the mine train. The train needs a new location.

And I don't think we need more princess meet and greets but you have to admit it is pretty disjointed. You have assorted princesses meeting in Town Square Theater, Rapunzel next to City Hall, Merida in the fairy tale gardens and Ariel in Adventureland and Tiana in Liberty Square. Doesn't it make sense to have them in a central location for most of the princesses and shouldn't that location be Fantasyland?

And I know it is not what some would like, but my children are so excited for the Casey Jr Splash Zone. We could see them testing it last night when we rode Dumbo. After we got off , they went over and pressed their faces against the screens to watch it. They wanted to sneak in.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    And I don't think we need more princess meet and greets but you have to admit it is pretty disjointed. You have assorted princesses meeting in Town Square Theater, Rapunzel next to City Hall, Merida in the fairy tale gardens and Ariel in Adventureland and Tiana in Liberty Square. Doesn't it make sense to have them in a central location for most of the princesses and shouldn't that location be Fantasyland?
    I have made this argument (not a fighting argument, but, maybe more like a proposal argument if that makes sense) regarding these princess meet and greets... here is how I said they should do it:

Cinderella meets at Cinderella Castle

Aurora meets by one of the coves at Cinderella Castle (or aother idea was to make the Snow White ride into a Sleeping Beauty ride and add a meet and greet there, like they are doing over at Pooh)

Ariel has her own in Ariel's Grotto

Belle has her own at Maurice's Cottage/Beast's Castle

Tiana can stay at Liberty Belle (why not? The theme fits perfect with the river boat)

Rapunzel gets her meet and greet at the new Tangled theme section across from Peter Pan

Snow White can meet at the dwarfs cottage...

Am I missing anyone? Jasmin can stay in Adventureland (loose theme I know)

So, they can be spread out instead of losing a ride... I mean, I understand why they are doing it, but it is really not necessary...

And I know it is not what some would like, but my children are so excited for the Casey Jr Splash Zone. We could see them testing it last night when we rode Dumbo. After we got off , they went over and pressed their faces against the screens to watch it. They wanted to sneak in.
    The pictures I have seen of the construction area make Casey Jr look pretty neat for the kids.. I'm sure the play area will be popular with the children and parents who want a break and want their kids to blow off some of that pent up energy... Should be a cute addition...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    So, they can be spread out instead of losing a ride... I mean, I understand why they are doing it, but it is really not necessary...
    I am not going to disagree with you. The spread out meet n greets don't bother me, but since we are Florida residents, passholders and visit frequently, I'm not sure my pattern is what holds for the majority of Disney visitors. It does seem like they are trying to make the infrequent visitors happy. I know people who don't want to "run all over the park" for meet n greets and it does make it hard to get them all if you really want to. For me, there is always next time.

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The pictures I have seen of the construction area make Casey Jr look pretty neat for the kids.. I'm sure the play area will be popular with the children and parents who want a break and want their kids to blow off some of that pent up energy... Should be a cute addition...
    Definitely for me. I know lots of people thought the Pooh Playground was a waste of space but my kids loved it. Last night they didn't want to ride Pooh but they played in the interactive queue for quite awhile.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Meh I don't care either way if all the princesses are in one spot, or spread out around the park.

You could say, since they're now going to be all in one spot, that leaves a bunch of empty places around the park to bring out some maybe more obscure character meet & greets?

Even still, I would have rather they brought some of the other dark rides from DL to WDW, like Pinocchio or Alice. Disappointing, but hey, who's to say they won't do that down the road when they've got a little more cash in their pockets.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We will definitely miss it . Rode it every time.

We actually thought the ride made us "look scary". Did anyone else notice this? If was due to the lighting. If those riding in the front of car turned and faced back and then smiled, all you saw were teeth and devil looking eyes. We enjoyed doing this each time we rode .

Karyn
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: