Quantcast Movie Reviews

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Movie Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Movie Reviews

We have some individual threads on movies and TV shows, but I thought it would be nice to have a spot where we can talk about what movies we've seen and what we thought of them. It helps to see what others think when I'm deciding whether or not to watch something. Anyone interested?

A few nights ago we watched Aliens and Cowboys. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but really enjoyed it! Harrison Ford was awesome of course.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Really on C&A?? I could only get through about 5 minutes of it. Wasnt as bad as the last Indy though.

Just tried sitting through The Grey, which just reinforced why I don't waste my money in the theaters anymore.

I think I'm done till The Avengers and The Hobbit. And I'll let the reviews trickle in before I make the plunge.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yeah, I really did like it. Maybe because I was expecting it to be horrible? It was good, mindless fun. And definitely not as awful as that last Indy movie. I've almost successfully erased that from my memory.

Looking forward to Avengers and Hobbit as well! Waited for all the superhero movies to hit DVD last year.

Another movie I really enjoyed was The Warrior's Way. Saw that a few weeks ago. But then, I'm kind of a kung-fu nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait until The Hobbit!

Even though I have seen Beauty and the Beast many times I really enjoyed the 3D version.

Love going to the movies but since we moved to PA over 2 years ago I wait until they come out on DVD. We lived 5 minutes from a theatre in Ohio and I would go several times a month. No theatre close to where we live now
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw safehouse. It was pretty good if you like a good shoot em up car chase. Simple story, sneaky villans etc.

My one real beef with this movie and alot of movies out lately is this: with all the fancy HD/3d. See every beautiful pixel. See every mole on the actor's faces. Why do they insist on shooting the movie with grainy handheld style visuals. Seriously, movies lately seem to all want to look like blair witch. Is it just me, or is everyone else wondering the same thing. If we are going to have all this fancy equipment, use it, blow us away with it, not take us back to the 80's.

Just my 2 cents......here's hoping John Carter is as good as it looks
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic! I am copying a post I made a few weeks ago:

With all of the trash that Hollywood puts out and we pay for I have to say that I have seen 2 really good movies in the last two months.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was so good that I can't wait for the seond movie.

"Underworld the Awakening" held me as interested as the first two in the series, although I did miss Scott Speedman.

Saturday I am going to see "One for the Money" just beacuse I have read all 22 books! I am not a big Katherine Heigel fan and I was very disappointed in her being cast as Stephanie but I'm going in with an opened mind.

Can we make it 3 good movies in a row??? I guess I'll find out Saturday.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I have since seen One for the Money. I have mixed feelings about it. I loved the books so I can't say I disliked the movie, it was OK. I know it could have been better. IMO KH should not have been cast as Stephanie, she wasn't what I pictured when reading the books. She is not Jersey at all! The accents were NY while Trenton is Central Jersey not North Jersey. I honestly thought she was going to be worse, but she did an OK job, but not great. I think Joe was miscasted also. I thought the characters were not developed enough and alot of Stephanie's quirkiness from the books was not there.

I know that Janet was not involved with making the movie so maybe that was the problem. If they continue the series and Janet is involved I would give the second movie another shot.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really looking forward to The Hobbit as well!

NJGirl, good to hear your review of One for the Money. I'm going to wait for it to hit DVD. I was really surprised at the casting as well. No one looked like I pictured them! Maybe if the movies really take off, they'll tweak the casting.

We got some pizza and watched a movie on Friday night. We picked Zookeeper. I was really expecting to hate this movie, but I have to admit it was kind of silly fun and got us all laughing. There were a couple of scenes that I felt just didn't belong in a kids movie, but the girls didn't register them.

Has anyone seen This Means War? We saw the previews and it looks hysterical! I'm very tempted to see this at the theater, but we'll probably wait for DVD.

I did go to the theater a couple of weeks ago with my mom and sister to see the 2nd Sherlock Holmes. We loved it!! Thought it was as entertaining as the first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    NJGirl, good to hear your review of One for the Money. I'm going to wait for it to hit DVD. I was really surprised at the casting as well. No one looked like I pictured them! Maybe if the movies really take off, they'll tweak the casting.

I did go to the theater a couple of weeks ago with my mom and sister to see the 2nd Sherlock Holmes. We loved it!! Thought it was as entertaining as the first.

That's what I would suggest. It wasn't a terrible movie, but a better value to watch at home, no reason to see it at the movie theater.

My son saw the 2nd Holmes movie and said he liked it as much as the 1st also. I thought the
    1st was OK but really not interested in watching the 2nd.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We recently watched The Adventures of Tintin. The girls and I thought it was a fun adventure. DH wasn't that impressed.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: