Quantcast Fastpass Changes In March - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My only concern is that they need to have a procedure in place to ensure that missed times due to technical malfunctions either on that ride or being stuck on another ride can be accommodated. If I miss my connecting flight because the first airplane broke down the airline will rebook. Disney treats their guests well and I have confidence that they will continue to, I just want to hear what their plan is in these situations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I don't get how this is Next Gen anything. This idea debuted about 25 years ago and is called "the pre-show."
    The difference is that it would be a fully Guest involved activity and not an observed show.

Concept art for Ariel's Undersea Adventure has depicted Guests going on a scavenger hunt to help Scuttle find "treasures" and it has been rumoured that Dumbo The Flying Elephant will include multiple circus themed activities for Guests to participate in.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    Sometimes if you dont make reservations six months out, its very hard to get the reservations you want. If you don't make reservations for table services, good luck eating what you want to. They are making it very hard to "wing it" now.
    I think that enforcing the the time frame of a fastpass will be more of a benefit just like the credit card guarantee helps the dining. I just did a check for adrs for tonight and I have a choice of 64 out of 74 restaurants including 'Ohana and the California Grill and 65 out of 74 tomorrow which includes Le Cellier. I usually know where I want to eat at Disney at least one day in advance

If the fastpass system is done right the both lines will run faster. What backs up the stand by line is all the extra people in the fastpass line because they are there outside their time frame

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    I think that enforcing the the time frame of a fastpass will be more of a benefit just like the credit card guarantee helps the dining. I just did a check for adrs for tonight and I have a choice of 64 out of 74 restaurants including 'Ohana and the California Grill and 65 out of 74 tomorrow which includes Le Cellier. I usually know where I want to eat at Disney at least one day in advance

If the fastpass system is done right the both lines will run faster. What backs up the stand by line is all the extra people in the fastpass line because they are there outside their time frame
    When I was there in October, I walked into Nine Dragons, no wait, no ADR, no worry... Maybe during the summer things are different, but I also never had an issue walking into a restaurant without an ADR...

Another thing people seem to be forgetting, there are "clocks" posted by the FP machines which tell the person getting the FP what window of time FP returns are... If you go to Splash Mountain and see the FP return time is 7:05 to 8:05, and you know you have a 6:45 or even a 7:00 ADR for Liberty Tree, then you don't get the FP.... Either wait on the stand by life if the ride is that important to you, or go back after the ADR to see if the stand by line wait time has diminished... And if you are held up because a ride goes down, and you miss your return time window, then again, wait on line... But I am willing to bet Disney institutes some sort of policy for the CMs to be able to use judgment if a ride goes down... Which means there will have to be communication to other CMs about such events... Which also means ***GASP*** communication in the work place...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

If Disney really wanted to be special and not penalize those who commit to spending the money on a table service meal you could be given a pass at the restaurant to allow any fastpasses during your dining time to be extended. They currently offer Fantasmic packages to ensure that your dining doesn't interfere with what might be important to you so why not do the same? There can't possibly be enough people all leaving the restaurants at the same time to make a difference in the FP return lines. If I had a FP for TSM a notoriously lengthy wait time attraction and a dinner reservation made 6 months ago that's going to set my family back $100+ I shouldn't have to choose.

Otherwise they run the risk that people start looking to counterservice dining more to free up their time for attractions. If a 6pm ADR means I have to walk away from FP I just might rethink my dining, which Disney does not want to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by potzie View Post
    If Disney really wanted to be special and not penalize those who commit to spending the money on a table service meal you could be given a pass at the restaurant to allow any fastpasses during your dining time to be extended. They currently offer Fantasmic packages to ensure that your dining doesn't interfere with what might be important to you so why not do the same? There can't possibly be enough people all leaving the restaurants at the same time to make a difference in the FP return lines. If I had a FP for TSM a notoriously lengthy wait time attraction and a dinner reservation made 6 months ago that's going to set my family back $100+ I shouldn't have to choose.

Otherwise they run the risk that people start looking to counterservice dining more to free up their time for attractions. If a 6pm ADR means I have to walk away from FP I just might rethink my dining, which Disney does not want to happen.
    Actually, you make a case FOR this change... And in reality, this will not have any impact on people making ADRs... if you rethink your dining because of this and don't book an ADR, 100 people after you will take your space...

Also, no one knows what they are actually implementing, only that they are going to be finally enforcing the times... If a family of 4 have FPs for Splash to return between 5:00 and 6:00 but have ADRs at Crystal Palace at 5:30, how do we know that the restaurant won't be giving them a slip to replace the current FP??? take a DVC tour, they give you three sheets of paper, a receipt really, for fast passes to any three rides, for one day, at any park, with NO return times... How do you know they won't be doing this at rides that break down or in restaurants??? We don't...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Currently, the worst problem with FP return is the people who arrive PRIOR to their window, and then block the FP entrance. The guideline to allow a return outside the window is not a significant problem. There will be a larger problem when the stampede arrives as its window is expiring.

The enforcement of a wider return window would be the best option. A 2-3 hour window would allow greater flexibility and allow for unexpected delays such as longer than posted ride wait times, or slower than expected CS. A trip filled with additional hassles makes a return trip less desirable.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, you make a case FOR this change... And in reality, this will not have any impact on people making ADRs... if you rethink your dining because of this and don't book an ADR, 100 people after you will take your space...
    How does this not have any impact on ADRs? ADRs are made well in advance, when you make them you have no idea what time your future fast pass is going to be good for. The fast pass time is a fluid time frame based on the amount of people that have requested a pass.

If we are going to be required to have a certain "window" to follow, and follow it strictly, then give us the option to chose our own window. However, I don't want to have to do that 6 months in advance, Id rather do it the day of and have to do it at the ride just like the current system works.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Now, what happens when a ride goes down? For instance when we were there in January, we got a Fast Pass for Splash Mountain, we came back right when our fast pass started and then the ride was down for four hours after that until they finally got it back up and running. The CM said that the fast pass was good till park close because the ride was down for so long. But now what happens? I would be LIVID if my fast pass was no good because THEIR ride broke down?
    My guess would be that if an attraction goes down due to "technical difficulties", the FP Return CM's will have another "FP-like" ticket for those guests with return times that occur during the down-time. Kind of like the "re-ads" (readmission passes) that are given out to guests who are actually *on* the ride when it does have problems. But, it would have to actually have a later return time on it (the current re-ads don't, or didn't while I worked there, and were good for *any* FP attraction in *that* park on *that* date* only) for *that* attraction only.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

How does this not have any impact on ADRs? ADRs are made well in advance, when you make them you have no idea what time your future fast pass is going to be good for. The fast pass time is a fluid time frame based on the amount of people that have requested a pass.
    Well, currently, you *do* know what time your FastPass is for when you walk up to the attraction's FP machines. It will just require a little more extra planning in this case.

But, I see what you're saying - when you *enter* a park, you don't/won't know what the return times are *without* going all the way to that particular attraction and seeing for yourself. I like the way EPCOT has the signage, though, stating what the return times are at each FP attraction (right behind SpaceShip Earth, at the Pin Trading thing).
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it that people feel Disney owes then something when a ride breaks down?

Remember, before fastpasses, when you'd go to WDW and a ride would break down? You'd get NOTHING. And it was NO BIG DEAL.

I have a hard time understanding why Disney would have to have a system in place to accommodate people who got stuck on a ride. Isn't that presumably what the 15 minute "buffer" is for???
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

If we are going to be required to have a certain "window" to follow, and follow it strictly, then give us the option to chose our own window. However, I don't want to have to do that 6 months in advance, Id rather do it the day of and have to do it at the ride just like the current system works.
    How?? Easy, are you going to sit behind your computer trying to book Le Cellier at the 180 day window and think to yourself, "Hmm maybe i shouldn't because my Soarin FP may give me a return time of 5:00 to 6:00..." I doubt it.. And if you do, then easy, don't book... There will be 100 people lining up behind you to book dining at those times so Disney won't lose...And if you say that you will lose, then you kind of deserve to if you allow yourself to worry about a FP return time that you won't even know about until that day... Again, if you book Le Cellier for 5:30 and you approach Soarin and see FP return times are between 5:00 and 6:00 then it is simple, you don't get yourself a pass... And as a little side note, Disney is always accommodating for people arriving a little late for their ADRs... I know I have been a half hour late due to Disney bus transportation and they ALWAYS sat me... So, this really isn't going to be the problem everyone is making it out be..

And as to your second point, how do you know Disney will not start allowing you to pick your own return time??? You don't know... So sit back and wait to see what Disney has in store for this...

And this really isn't the end of the world people...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    My guess would be that if an attraction goes down due to "technical difficulties", the FP Return CM's will have another "FP-like" ticket for those guests with return times that occur during the down-time. Kind of like the "re-ads" (readmission passes) that are given out to guests who are actually *on* the ride when it does have problems. But, it would have to actually have a later return time on it (the current re-ads don't, or didn't while I worked there, and were good for *any* FP attraction in *that* park on *that* date* only) for *that* attraction only.
    And that is exactly what I said in one of my above posts regarding the restaurants... No one knows what will be implemented...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Well, currently, you *do* know what time your FastPass is for when you walk up to the attraction's FP machines. It will just require a little more extra planning in this case.

But, I see what you're saying - when you *enter* a park, you don't/won't know what the return times are *without* going all the way to that particular attraction and seeing for yourself. I like the way EPCOT has the signage, though, stating what the return times are at each FP attraction (right behind SpaceShip Earth, at the Pin Trading thing).
    When you enter the park, if a certain ride is THAT important to you, you go to that ride first thing... Problem solved... Or, just wait on standby..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Why is it that people feel Disney owes then something when a ride breaks down?

Remember, before fastpasses, when you'd go to WDW and a ride would break down? You'd get NOTHING. And it was NO BIG DEAL.

I have a hard time understanding why Disney would have to have a system in place to accommodate people who got stuck on a ride. Isn't that presumably what the 15 minute "buffer" is for???
    Because we live in a society where people feel privileged and feel everything is owed to them...

Fast pass is a perk of visiting the park... You don't have to use it, and if you do, you have to follow the rules set forth...

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a good change. I'm not worried about any aspect of this new policy. If I'm concerned about getting on a certain ride then I'll make that ride my priority.

As for ADR conflicts. I don't see this being a problem either if my ADR is at 7pm and my current fast pass is 7pm to 9pm then there should be no problems. But if there happens to be a conflict why couldn't you show the CM your time/date stamped receipt from the restaurant and they can use discretion.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I think this is a good change. I'm not worried about any aspect of this new policy. If I'm concerned about getting on a certain ride then I'll make that ride my priority.

As for ADR conflicts. I don't see this being a problem either if my ADR is at 7pm and my current fast pass is 7pm to 9pm then there should be no problems. But if there happens to be a conflict why couldn't you show the CM your time/date stamped receipt from the restaurant and they can use discretion.
    Exactly sean... I really think people are mad because now they won't be able to officially game the system...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDisneyDad View Post
    I am glad they are finally getting strict with this. Few things are more annoying than during evening EMH when you have a trong of people suddenly want to use thier fast passes for say Soaring or TSMM... I always believed that all fastpasses should be null and voided after regular park operating hours anyway lol.
    They are. FPs are only for regular hours
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Because we live in a society where people feel privileged and feel everything is owed to them...

Fast pass is a perk of visiting the park... You don't have to use it, and if you do, you have to follow the rules set forth...
    I normally respect you and your posts but I feel that you are blinded by some hatred for those who have taken the opportunity to benefit from the fact that WDW has not enforced the end time in the past.

You yourself said that FP are a PERK of visiting the park. If people can't use them or have to adjust their vacation to suit the times then it doesn't seem like much of a PERK to me.

I know I don't have to use them and I am an adult and can make choices but with the credit card deposit on ADRs I have no choice but to make my ADR or forfeit the penalty, so it does become restrictive. I also have to contend with the one FP every 2 hours, so if I miss out on a FP because of a mechanical issue I have lost the opportunity to use the FP system for another attraction.

I love Disney and I try to visit multiple times a year, but I am also intelligent enough to see when things are being changed and not to the benefit of the guests. It seems that some people just blindly say that Disney can do no wrong and it's my privilege that they let me in and we shouldn't say anything negative or second guess the almighty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by potzie View Post
    I normally respect you and your posts but I feel that you are blinded by some hatred for those who have taken the opportunity to benefit from the fact that WDW has not enforced the end time in the past.

You yourself said that FP are a PERK of visiting the park. If people can't use them or have to adjust their vacation to suit the times then it doesn't seem like much of a PERK to me.

I know I don't have to use them and I am an adult and can make choices but with the credit card deposit on ADRs I have no choice but to make my ADR or forfeit the penalty, so it does become restrictive. I also have to contend with the one FP every 2 hours, so if I miss out on a FP because of a mechanical issue I have lost the opportunity to use the FP system for another attraction.

I love Disney and I try to visit multiple times a year, but I am also intelligent enough to see when things are being changed and not to the benefit of the guests. It seems that some people just blindly say that Disney can do no wrong and it's my privilege that they let me in and we shouldn't say anything negative or second guess the almighty.
    If you think I say Disney does no wrong, then you never read my posts... I think I'm their biggest critic here and say they never do anything right... In fact, I know I'm their biggest critic here.. Ian maybe a close second LOL... However, they are getting this right...

You bring up ADRs, but the solution is very simple... At 180 days out, you book your dining... When you are at the on that particular day, and you want a FP for a ride, check the FP return times BEFORE getting the FPs... if the return time is close to or falls in your ADR time, you do not get yourself the FP... If the ride is that important, go standby... And if the ride is really a must do, go there first thing in the day...

FP is a perk that no one has to use.. And if you decide to use it, then you have to abide by the policy...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: