Quantcast Fastpass Changes In March - Page 13

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronandjulie View Post
    We go to Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World all of the time. We ALWAYS pay to get the Express Pass or Quick Queue. We love never having to wait in long lines and not having to wait to get a fastpass and return in a certain time frame. Sure, it costs quite a bit, but if you're willing and able to afford it, it is FANTASTIC!!!! I cannot wait rof WDW to offer this pay system! Face it. Some families come to WDW and stay in luxury while others roll pennies for years just to get here. Both familes have a great time. It would be nice to offer this added perk to those who can and are willing to pay for it.
    But as one who rolls my pennies, I don't want to be standing in line for hours at POTC because I can't afford a front of the line pass. I don't go to the places you mentioned above because of this reason.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just not a fan of paid line skipping. One of the nice things about Disney imo is that once you're in the park, everyone is equal*.

*in terms of ride lines I mean.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    I'm just not a fan of paid line skipping. One of the nice things about Disney imo is that once you're in the park, everyone is equal*.

*in terms of ride lines I mean.
    Don't forget that Universal offers this for "free' when you stay on property. Maybe Disney is going to head in that direction
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that Universal offers this for "free' when you stay on property. Maybe Disney is going to head in that direction
    I don't see that happening. Universal only has 3 resorts, while WDW has many.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I also have steered away from Universal because of the pay for front of the line privledges. For me, it makes a day ticket not worth the money.

I can't see disney doing it for resort guests only. There are way too many resorts and I don't think it would make the lines any shorter.

I really hope they don't go the way of Universal.

To get back on the OP topic. For all the people who say enforcing the FP window won't reduce lines at FP how do you come to that conclusion?

Say I grab a FP for TSM in the morning. My window is 10:30-11:30. I decide not to use it until 7:00 that night. I am adding a person to the FP line that is not calculated to be in the line at that time. Nobody who had a FP for that current time can take my FP spot in the morning. The closer you get to park closing the longer and longer the line is going to be because more and more people can use FP outside their window. I can see how it may make lines shorter at park opening times but longer and longer as the day goes by.

It may not have a huge effect on ride with continuos loading like Winnie The Pooh or Peter Pan but it has to cause problems on slow loading rides like TSM and Soarin.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for WDW to enforce this rule. We are honest guests. We never use our FP outside of their window. We see when our return time is and plan accordingly. it's not like you have bunches of FP in your pocket that you're trying to keep track of. It's one FP for one ride. We have had many FP that we didn't use because plans changed before our window came. Oh well. We didn't manipulate the system and use it later. FP is a great system and it's fair. The only reason it fails is becuase people cheat. I'm going to get some flack for posting my feelings but it's worth it. My family has AP to all of the theme parks. WDW is the most expensive of them. We NEVER go to WDW in the summer because of the crowds and the abused FP system is pointless. If you read other threads and other sites, you will see that the adhering to the FP window is just the start of something bigger and not the final answer to the long wait time problem. I don't pretend to speak for the suits at WDW, but if there is a definite market for paying for FP, I'm sure they will capitalize on it. Some people on this site might not like paying for front of the line passes, but it seems to be working well for every other theme park in the entire country.
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    How so? Well, currently, they have a set number. Once distributed, they can come back at any point. There's probably a large amount or stragglers. If you can stop that, say 5% expire out, you can open up 5% more to be distributed.
    Exactly! So, it should open the rides up for more fastpasses.
    As stated in so many previous posts, I didn't know (until reading on Intercot) that you could return after your stated time. If I didn't make it during my time, I threw the fastpass away. If my not returning allows someone else to get a fastpass, I'm all for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just chiming in, it wasn't until our second to last trip that my DH told me that we can use the FP whenever we wanted after the start time and it had been that way for years. I never understood what the point of printing a time was if you could just return whenever? So I guess I will not have a problem with this system... plus if I get a FP for an attraction, that's b/c I really want to ride it! The sooner the better. I just hope they don't mess with being able to get another one after a certain close time frame while you're waiting for your other one. FP system obviously works and that's what makes WDW ... WDW. I'm sure it will not be as bad as some will think. They should definitely consider posting signs on the machines... beginning March 7th (or whatever) you will not be able ot use your FP after the time printed!!! no seriously!

Of course there will be people that play dumb and argue with CM. And I feel sorry for those CM!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World all of the time. We ALWAYS pay to get the Express Pass or Quick Queue. We love never having to wait in long lines and not having to wait to get a fastpass and return in a certain time frame. Sure, it costs quite a bit, but if you're willing and able to afford it, it is FANTASTIC!!!! I cannot wait rof WDW to offer this pay system! Face it. Some families come to WDW and stay in luxury while others roll pennies for years just to get here. Both familes have a great time. It would be nice to offer this added perk to those who can and are willing to pay for it.
    My only problem with this is that at the Six Flags that offers a pay fast pass, it has a negitave affect on those families that rolled pennies for years and ate mac cheese every night to get there. They wait in longer lines spending more time in line then anything else. Screamings kids, screaming parents and money running down the drain.

Walt envisioned a park for everyone. Grown ups and kids alike as well as working class and the well off. Making lines longer for those who can not afford it is the wrong direction in MHO.

I longer go to the Six Flags in my area. I could get there in under 15 minutes but it is not worth it. Long lines and high prices drove me away. 60 bucks to get in, then another 60 bucks to get on the rides plus 20 to park. What happened to pay one price and ride all day? Now it is pay two prices to ride all day.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for WDW to enforce this rule. We are honest guests. We never use our FP outside of their window. We see when our return time is and plan accordingly. it's not like you have bunches of FP in your pocket that you're trying to keep track of. It's one FP for one ride. We have had many FP that we didn't use because plans changed before our window came. Oh well. We didn't manipulate the system and use it later. FP is a great system and it's fair. The only reason it fails is becuase people cheat. I'm going to get some flack for posting my feelings but it's worth it. My family has AP to all of the theme parks. WDW is the most expensive of them. We NEVER go to WDW in the summer because of the crowds and the abused FP system is pointless. If you read other threads and other sites, you will see that the adhering to the FP window is just the start of something bigger and not the final answer to the long wait time problem. I don't pretend to speak for the suits at WDW, but if there is a definite market for paying for FP, I'm sure they will capitalize on it. Some people on this site might not like paying for front of the line passes, but it seems to be working well for every other theme park in the entire country.
    I'm sorry you feel that you will get "flack" but I'm also going to post what I believe to be true. It isn't manipulating the system or cheating or abusing or being dishonest if the CM tells you that you can return any time after your window opens.

I find that other theme parks with front of the line passes, don't offer the experiences that I can get from a Disney trip. I don't go to the Six Flags in my area because of the expense as another poster mentioned and the shape that the park is in.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what annoys me, in this post i see the words "cheat", "honest", and "manipulate". It's not cheating, being dishonest, or manipulating the system when Disney has ran the system the way they have for so many years, so stop putting people down that use the system the way disney has ALLOWED them to do so. No one is breaking any laws.

Some people aren't able to go to Disney nearly as often as you, either becasue geography or cash flow, so when they spend so much of thier money on a disney vacation and use their vacation time to do so, they feel like they should use the system the way disney ALLOWS them to use it.

I've tried booking a trip to Universal recently, to me it's not worth it. I've got to pay a butt load of money to walk in the park and if I don't want to stand in long liness then at a minimum I've got to pay at least another $20 per person. I'm sorry, but it's not worth it.

If Disney moves to a "pay to play" system like so many are talking about, then i have to wonder, how many people are going to say "I'm sorry, but it's not worth it."

Count me in as one of those, there are to many other vacation places that can compete for my dollars.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    I've tried booking a trip to Universal recently, to me it's not worth it. I've got to pay a butt load of money to walk in the park and if I don't want to stand in long liness then at a minimum I've got to pay at least another $20 per person. I'm sorry, but it's not worth it.
    Just curious, you said you tried to book a trip to Universal but because they charge for Express pass, you didn't... Were you booking a hotel stay or just looking for tickets to the theme parks??? Express pass is free for resort guests... If you are interested in seeing Universal, book a hotel there for a night or two and take advantage of being a resort guest with free Express Pass and early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter... If you weren't looking at a hotel stay, I can honestly tell you that you do not need an Express Pass at Universal... The ride with the longest wait, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, doesn't allow Express Pass anyway...

If you ever want to hit up Universal, feel free to PM me... I can help you out with any questions...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what annoys me, in this post i see the words "cheat", "honest", and "manipulate". It's not cheating, being dishonest, or manipulating the system when Disney has ran the system the way they have for so many years, so stop putting people down that use the system the way disney has ALLOWED them to do so. No one is breaking any laws.
    Yes! No one was cheating or being dishonest if they used a FP beyond the printed time window. It was accepted and even encouraged by CMs for many, many years. This is fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yes! No one was cheating or being dishonest if they used a FP beyond the printed time window. It was accepted and even encouraged by CMs for many, many years. This is fact.
    I had *never* "encouraged" guests to return after their FP time had expired. *However*, IF a guest had asked me, "What happens if we can't get back in time because (stuck on the other side of park because of parade, dinner, ride breakdowns, etc.), I *did* explain that a) they could get another FP two hours after the first one's first time window opened (for the same attraction), b) the current FP showed what time they could get another FP, or c) yes, we would *sometimes* take them late; just explain to the CM when you come back what the circumstances were. It all pretty much depended on the CM at the FP return line or at the FP machines themselves (which is where I got most of the questions).
    The "problem" (of guests using their FP's beyond the window), I guess, came from a) CM's who didn't/wouldn't take the time to really *learn* how the system works (I actually had to take a class on "guest attraction capacity" and how it's calculated, as a trainer) and b) CM's who don't want a 'confrontation" with guests when they did come back after their window and the CM had to tell them "Sorry, your window has passed". It just wasn't monitored as it should have been, and it just got to be "common knowledge" for guests. Now, I guess Disney realizes that this "returning after your window" is really impacting their OHRC's (operational hourly ride capacity - the number of guests that the attraction can accommodate in one hour). So, now, they're (Disney) going to ENFORCE this window, but still give guests at least a few minutes OUTSIDE of that window to use their FP's.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Just curious, you said you tried to book a trip to Universal but because they charge for Express pass, you didn't... Were you booking a hotel stay or just looking for tickets to the theme parks??? Express pass is free for resort guests... If you are interested in seeing Universal, book a hotel there for a night or two and take advantage of being a resort guest with free Express Pass and early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter... If you weren't looking at a hotel stay, I can honestly tell you that you do not need an Express Pass at Universal... The ride with the longest wait, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, doesn't allow Express Pass anyway...

If you ever want to hit up Universal, feel free to PM me... I can help you out with any questions...
    That's good information to hear, I'll be honest, It's been 15 years or so since I've been to universal, and what i remember from those trips were waiting 2 hours to do anything.

I downloaded a wait time app just to see how things are there, 2 things caught me by surprise. 1) how few rides they actually have, and 2) how short the wait times are. So maybe we'll give it a shot.

As for a free pass for staying on property, the only way i see us going to Universal is if we tie it into a Disney Vacation, we are big believers in staying on WDW property and we wouldn't want to move hotel rooms.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    I had *never* "encouraged" guests to return after their FP time had expired. *However*, IF a guest had asked me, "What happens if we can't get back in time because (stuck on the other side of park because of parade, dinner, ride breakdowns, etc.), I *did* explain that a) they could get another FP two hours after the first one's first time window opened (for the same attraction), b) the current FP showed what time they could get another FP, or c) yes, we would *sometimes* take them late; just explain to the CM when you come back what the circumstances were. It all pretty much depended on the CM at the FP return line or at the FP machines themselves (which is where I got most of the questions).
    The "problem" (of guests using their FP's beyond the window), I guess, came from a) CM's who didn't/wouldn't take the time to really *learn* how the system works (I actually had to take a class on "guest attraction capacity" and how it's calculated, as a trainer) and b) CM's who don't want a 'confrontation" with guests when they did come back after their window and the CM had to tell them "Sorry, your window has passed". It just wasn't monitored as it should have been, and it just got to be "common knowledge" for guests. Now, I guess Disney realizes that this "returning after your window" is really impacting their OHRC's (operational hourly ride capacity - the number of guests that the attraction can accommodate in one hour). So, now, they're (Disney) going to ENFORCE this window, but still give guests at least a few minutes OUTSIDE of that window to use their FP's.
    We didn't know that you could come back after your window until a Cast Member told us to do so. We were told that the window was more of a guide but in reality you can come back anytime you want. That's why i have a problem with people on here calling people "cheats", "dishonest", or anything else. We were doing what Disney told us we could do.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

That's good information to hear, I'll be honest, It's been 15 years or so since I've been to universal, and what i remember from those trips were waiting 2 hours to do anything.

I downloaded a wait time app just to see how things are there, 2 things caught me by surprise. 1) how few rides they actually have, and 2) how short the wait times are. So maybe we'll give it a shot.

As for a free pass for staying on property, the only way i see us going to Universal is if we tie it into a Disney Vacation, we are big believers in staying on WDW property and we wouldn't want to move hotel rooms.
    Try a Universal Hotel for one or two nights... You really won't be disappointed, I promise you...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

The express pass system at Universal works great when you stay at a Universal resort. If you plan to go to Universal parks, then a stay at one of their resorts is a must. We enjoyed both Portofino and the Hard Rock.

Back to WDW FP, it is disappointing that the misguided continue to proclaim that returning after the FP window is cheating. The window was considered to be a GUIDELINE for several years. Why was it only a guideline? It would appear that WDW management determined that non-enforcement enhanced guest convenience and did not greatly effect FP useage efficiency. The early returners blocking the FP return entrances has always been the larger issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickey View Post
    Back to WDW FP, it is disappointing that the misguided continue to proclaim that returning after the FP window is cheating. The window was considered to be a GUIDELINE for several years. Why was it only a guideline? It would appear that WDW management determined that non-enforcement enhanced guest convenience and did not greatly effect FP useage efficiency. The early returners blocking the FP return entrances has always been the larger issue.
    A Disney Parks FastPass clearly reads "Return Anytime Between [x] AND [y]"; with [x] and [y] being the beginning and ending times of your FastPass window. It doen NOT state "Return Anytime Between [x] AND [y] OR Anytime AFTER [y]"

This is a kind of 'Letter of the Law vs. Intent of the Law' situation -- The 'Letter of the Law' being the strict adherence to the window. We can only surmise, as it has been handled to this point, that the 'Intent of the Law' added the "OR Anytime AFTER [y]" as stated above.

So, technically, returning AFTER [y] IS cheating, as it is against the 'Letter of the Law.'

Ignorance of the law excuses no man: Not that all men know the law, but because 'tis an excuse every man will plead, and no man can tell how to refute him.
    John Selden
    English antiquarian & jurist (1584 - 1654)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Phan, people are getting mad at being called a cheater because Disney let them... And most of the time CMs told guests they could return after their window... I wouldn't say it was encouraged per se by CMs, but when asked if the FastPass could be used after the time, CMs said yes... I don't take that as encouraging it to be used in that manner but just notifying the guest that they could return if they missed their window and still use the FP...

Human nature is people don't ever want to be called something with a negative connotation, even if what they did was wrong... They know they were gaming the system, they know they weren't following policy printed right on the ticket, but they justify it by saying Disney let me... Well, if a cop let's you do 75 in a 65 MPH zone, does that mean you followed the law or gamed the system??? Just because the cop chose not to enforce the speed limit law doesn't mean you are innocent, you still broke the law... And no, I'm not calling people who used FPs outside their window criminals, so don't even start going there...

Same here... Just cause Disney didn't enforce the times, doesn't mean the system wasn't gamed by people... Over time, this "allowing late returns" was abused, no matter how people loudly people want to defend themselves...

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: