Quantcast Surprising Year of Television

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Surprising Year of Television

I have never watched alot of television because I just never found enough on to interest me, but this last year several series have keep my interest.

Lights Out had great potential but has already been canceled.

American Horror was well... interesting to say the least.

Being Human is one of my favorites.

Grimm is interesting to watch.

Revenge is my favorite.

I feel these shows are fresh and a change from all of the reality and crime television that has invaded the airwaves.

What do you think?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have at least 1 show a night now..

Sundays: Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead... soon will be Game of Thrones Season 2 and True Blood Season 5

Mondays: Alcatraz....

Tuesday: Soon to be The River

Wednesday: Ghost Hunters

Thursday: Big Bang Theory

Friday: Grimm

I leave Saturday night open for movie night...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I have at least 1 show a night now..

Sundays: Once Upon A Time, Walking Dead... soon will be Game of Thrones Season 2 and True Blood Season 5

Mondays: Alcatraz....

Tuesday: Soon to be The River

Wednesday: Ghost Hunters

Thursday: Big Bang Theory

Friday: Grimm

I leave Saturday night open for movie night...

Alcatraz looks very interesting. I think I could get into that one.

I used to be a BIG Ghost Hunters fan but after a couple of years all the investigations seem to be the same. I can't understand with all the "full body" sightings that people claim to see the team has never gotten one on film or seen one themselves. I also don't like that they play background music during the investigations. I can never hear what is really going on in there. And why have investigations at night with the lights off???? Most sighting that people report are with the lights on and many are during the day. I liked to watch it for it's entertainment value, but I just got bored with it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday -Once Upon a Time and I am just checking out Downton Abbey (watching on Netflex since I missed the first 2 seasons)

Tuesday - my guilty pleasure is Dance Moms so crazy but can't get enough of it and Glee. Not as crazy about Glee as I was for Fame years ago but both the girls watch it and that is one night we are all home

Wed - In the Middle ( I am from Indiana and love the Midwest humor), Modern Family and Hot in Cleveland
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite new drama is Once Upon A Time. We have also enjoyed Grimm although we haven't watched it in a while and our DVR is filling up! We also have Alcatraz and Touch on the DVR. It's hard to find time to watch things together with our busy schedules. We watched American Horror Story as well, very creepy.
    Comedy wise, love love love New Girl.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my daughter love revenge it is a really great all the unexpected things make the show so exciting! We also watch grimm and think all the diffrent creatures are cool.
    4/1985,10/1997,6/2000,7/2002-off site 7/2003-AS Music
    7/2005,2/2006,8/2007-POR
    2/08-AS Movies
    7/08,2/09,8/09,3/10-Pop Century
    11/10,8/11,8/12,11/12, 3/13,8/13 AS Sports
    Next trip???
    "It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We only have Netflix, no regular TV, so I haven't gotten to see many of those shows yet. I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.
    Exactly my feelings! After watching the UK version, I just couldn't get into the American one. (BTW, Series 4 of the UK version starts tonight!)

There have been some good shows this year--Once Upon a Time, Modern Family (again), New Girl, Downton Abbey, Ringer, Person of Interest. I still kind of miss Lost. And I wish that they would take House off the air--his time is done.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Best show out there right now is New Girl. Person of interest is pretty good as well. Can't wait for Game of Thrones and Walking dead to start back up.

If you are interested in an older show that you can get on Netflix or somewhere else try HBO's, "The Wire". It's been off the air for some time and lasted only 5 seasons, but try it out, you will not be sad you did.
    WDW x 12
    DL x 2
    DCL x 3
    DVC circa 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving CBS Monday nights (not 2.5 men). Two Broke Girls is really funny! And Hawaii 5-0 is still my favorite show on TV.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

We only have Netflix, no regular TV, so I haven't gotten to see many of those shows yet. I did try the first episode of Being Human and really didn't like it. However, I'd already watched all of the seasons of the original UK version and it was so much better! Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I'd have enjoyed the U.S. version more.
    That's funny. We were the opposite. When we tried to watch the UK version after seeing the first season of the American version we didn't like it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree- I am not into crime dramas and attorney shows at all. Zero interest. I looooved American Horror story, what a fresh idea. Wow.
    I can't wait for that to come back on whenever the next season starts. Also waiting for Mad Men.

Sadly most of the time now I watch only the various Real Housewives shows on Bravo (guilty pleasure) and I also really enjoy Face/Off, the special effects competition on ScyFy. I just love all the creativity in that competition and find it so interesting to see what the contestants think up.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And I wish that they would take House off the air--his time is done.
    Your wish has been granted. I think that the anouncement just came down within the past day or so.

As for my shows...during the regular broadcast season -

Monday - Castle (Love Nathan Fillion since his Firefly days)
    Wednesday - Hot in Cleveland
    Thursday - Big Bang Theory

I also watched the first season of Being Human, but I've somehow seemed to miss the start of the second season.

During the summer it's Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Haven.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I do not really enjoy TV (it puts me to sleep if truth be told), so I don't really watch anything regularly except for Big Bang Theory, and Boardwalk Empire on HBO. Honestly, I would rather watch a movie if I'm watching at all.

My husband is the Documentary king, so he tends to watch Discovery or National Geographic ... and he loves Ice Pilots, NWT.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly my feelings! After watching the UK version, I just couldn't get into the American one. (BTW, Series 4 of the UK version starts tonight!)
    Cool! I hope it doesn't take Netflix too long to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixshot19 View Post
    If you are interested in an older show that you can get on Netflix or somewhere else try HBO's, "The Wire". It's been off the air for some time and lasted only 5 seasons, but try it out, you will not be sad you did.
    Thank you! I will try that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    That's funny. We were the opposite. When we tried to watch the UK version after seeing the first season of the American version we didn't like it.
    Maybe it's just that we got used to what we watched first? Although, what I really love about the UK version is the quirkiness and how funny some parts were. George (the werewolf in the UK version) is hysterical!

Post Thanks / Like

I love Revenge, and The Finder. I also watched The River and I liked it. I usually don't like that type of show at all but I thought it was so over the top I found myself laughing through most of it.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just that we got used to what we watched first? Although, what I really love about the UK version is the quirkiness and how funny some parts were. George (the werewolf in the UK version) is hysterical!
    I love the original characters' quirkiness too. I think there's a little more humor in the UK version--certainly still very dark at times, but also a little sweeter too, if that makes sense.

That said, I forgot that BBCA shows the UK version 3 weeks later in the U.S. So the first show of the new season will be shown on the BBCA on February 25th (I've heard some rumors about the story line that I'm not thrilled about!)
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

(I've heard some rumors about the story line that I'm not thrilled about!)

Beth tell us!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Beth tell us!
    Keep in mind, this is the UK version--not sure if the US version follows the same storylines. In my case, here's the SPOILER:

George dies in the first episode of the 4th season, protecting his infant daughter.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: