Quantcast Episode 28 - The Changing of the Balloons

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 28 - The Changing of the Balloons

The Cast: Ian, Melanie, Michael & John

- Taping earlier tonite, Gary & Carol out earlier

- One More Disney Day - 24 Hours of Disney Magic. *Watch the balloons go from night time balloons to daytime balloons.

- Ian brings up staying in the castle - YET AGAIN.

- Reimagined Test Track headed to Epcot this fall. *How customized is customized, how interactive is interactive? Horizons & World of Motion mention.

- Magic, Memories & You - Valentines segment starts February 3.

- Disney Fantasy float out. Ian promises that if we get invited on a preview cruise, he will match that with a paid booking of his own!

- Marathon Weekend

- INTERCOT’s Best Of - Hidden Mickeys. *Michael goes with Soarin in California. *Ian goes with the ballroom in the Haunted Mansion. Melanie goes with a hidden Mickey in Indiana Jones. *John goes with the bamboo in the stairwell at the Polynesian. *Send us your favorites in the podcast thread.

- Mel’s Marathon Weekend - she did her very first 5k. Cylon Michael makes an appearance. We get off on a CES - Consumer Electronics Show tangent with the Transparent Smart Window - http://youtu.be/mTVPVobDrms. Ludwig Von Drake was out at the events - his first appearance supposedly ever.

- John says fix the Yeti - bring the people who designed Ka - the Cirque show in to get the job done.

- Wifi service extended into Moderate Resorts at the lobby and feature pools. Why is the big D so technically challenged.

- INTERCOT’s Garys Column - http://www.facebook.com/pages/INTERCOTs-Garys-Column

- Tidbits from Jason - Big Thunder queue to be revamped & other items. *Wine Bar @ Italy!

- Jolly Holiday Bakery & Electronica

Brought to you by: Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

The Official Ticket Center - http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi- bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

>> Listen, Download, Love...
    Last edited by Melanie; 01-30-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to download now and listen in work tonight. I suppose we should call off Occupy Gary's Column...

By the way, for tonight's dinner, I'm making a "Flight of Meatloaf". (I'm not kidding, and I'll keep you posted.)
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey, have I mentioned that we stayed in Cinderella's Castle? Can't remember if I brought that up before ...
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that cannot get the podcasts to play?? Just got back from Disney and want to catch up on all the podcasts, I cannot get the old ones to play or the new one? Am I doing something wrong??
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

No problems on this end. Just checked the link above and the download link and both worked.

Specifically what are you trying to do and where - like thru the site, itunes, android or..?

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to listen to the last one I left off on it's Episode 18 I think the "You'll stay here and like it!" one, which so far I had listened before vaca which was hysterical, love the titles. I'm going to try closing out my browser maybe clear the cookies and see what happens. I also tried listening to the new one. I kinda started listening to them backwards lol I listened to the last recent one and got hooked and started listening to them from newest to latest...I'm weird, I know haha. I was going straight to the interactive tab here, then clicking on the download and listen now option. Usually the player starts at the top I tried hitting play a few times and it would show 0% loading and flash and then nothing would happen. So I went to the other player towards the end of the screen that usually shows a list of all the podcasts and you can hit play from there and the list wouldn't come up at all when I hit menu it would just show up blank. Let me try again
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply John. Weird but now it's working. I feel like I'm crazy lol. I swear I tried it for twenty minutes before leaving for my lunch break and it wasn't working. Oh well, glad it's up and running now to get my fix
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why - but am glad to hear it's working for you...

Post Thanks / Like

Great episode! I like how are you are blending in more Disneyland info, although Ive never been, evrytime I hear you talk about it I want to go. Great to see you back, looking forward to #29!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, so everyone commenting needs to tell us your favorite Hidden Mickey...or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished listening. Another great podcast. A few thoughts

Michael almost makes me want to go over on 2/29. Almost. If it were a weekday, I'd be there.

I'm sad to admit I have never been on Test Track (long story). Maybe I should get over there before it goes away.

Mel's marathon weekend sounds like so much fun. My son wants to do the kid's race in May after seeing the pictures of Mel's bling.

Ludwig von Drake is on quite a few Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Disney Junior) episodes. Some of which I have seen many many times.

I don't get Disney and technology either unless it is large corporationitis. I work for a very large corporation and we are always behind the times. The company just moves to slow to be efficient at it.

Totally blanking on hidden Mickey's!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

2 Favorite Hidden Mickeys:

1. Mickey on the "Earth" on the cue for Buzz lightyear, one continent actually looks like a Mickey profile, not your standard 3 circles.

2. Mickey on the bedspread in POFQ room.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this on twitter but I will post here too. Yes, we need a run Disney thread!! All of us Disney runners can unite! I remember last year but me and Mel was at the Animal Kingdom night race and I think we were blowing up the twitter. I don't know if I will volunteer for that race again. I would run it but I don't want to do the obstacles. I would rather just run.

I'm thinking of going over to WDW on 2/29 even though I work the day before and after. I'm not really sure why, just to say I did it??

Fav hidden mickey: in the mural at the boat ride in Norway.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't listened to the podcast yet (tomorrow's lunchtime activity!!) but had a couple comments on the above posts...

Any of the "Hidden Mickey's" on the Christmas displays in the Deluxe/DVC resorts!!!

AgentC -- I believe that the pre-show and post-show are changing, but NOT the main show (ride itself) -- Like I said, I haven't listened to the podcast yet for clarification....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hey, so everyone commenting needs to tell us your favorite Hidden Mickey...or two.
    I think the google map mickey is my favorite, does that count??
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I thought of one or a few. I like the hidden Mickey's in the Osborne light displays.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for another excellent podcast.

I once saw a show on Nat Geo TV called Worlds Toughest Fixes where they replaced the hydraulic pistons on that huge stage for KA. They also showed a large part of the back stage and inner workings of the show, it was very interesting. You’re right John, how is it these people can build and maintain this incredibly humongous platform and Disney cannot or will not fix the Yeti? I don’t know maybe Disney has the answer on how to fix it and as you guys mentioned maybe they just don’t want to shut the ride down to make the necessary repairs. I believe anything can be fixed it’s just a matter of cost and downtime.

My favorite Hidden Mickey is the one in the Haunted Mansion Ballroom, my second favorite is the one that is built into the pavement at Hollywood Studios. You can see it from a satellite view of the park. One of his ears is Echo Lake his nose is now under the Hat.

Should we be worried that Gary’s Cylon army has now grown to extend as far as West coast? How long before it reaches the East Coast?
    Lee

DL '13
    POFQ '11
    ASMu '08
    POP '07
    ASMo '05
    DCL Magic '00
    POFQ '96
    POFQ '92
    Poly '80
    Fort Wilderness '78
    Poly '76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I think the google map mickey is my favorite, does that count??
    Quote Originally Posted by lwith58 View Post
    my second favorite is the one that is built into the pavement at Hollywood Studios. You can see it from a satellite view of the park.
    Are you talking about the same one?

Post Thanks / Like

Great podcast guys! This one was very entertaining. The "Changing of the Balloons" bit was hilarious! Michael, you are so funny! Had me laughing pretty hard on that one.

I've seen the hidden Mickeys on CA Screamin! It's the baseplates of some of the support columns that are Mickey shaped. But, I didn't know those were considered "hidden Mickey's". I guess they are...there are a few of them on that ride, but you can really only see them as you are coming down from the loop.

Oh, and funny about Ludwig Von Drake being out! He's VERY popular nowadays due to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He is on almost every episode! He and Clarabelle Cow are now very recognizable characters due to this show. My kids know these two characters better than most of the "classic" ones. We met Pinocchio this last trip, and my kids had no idea who that was, but they were happy to take a picture with him anyway. They would have flipped out if Clarabelle Cow or Ludwig Von Drake were hanging around. I wonder if he will be out and about more often. I heard Clarabelle is part of the afternoon parade now, is that right?

Anyway, fun times as always. You guys need to do more of these. (I know, I know, schedules blah, blah, blah...)
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Are you talking about the same one?
    I’m not sure I wondered too. There is one called the “Hidden Mickey Forest” that is off property to the Northwest that can also be seen by satellite view. Search Google, it has an interesting story to go along with it.
    Lee

DL '13
    POFQ '11
    ASMu '08
    POP '07
    ASMo '05
    DCL Magic '00
    POFQ '96
    POFQ '92
    Poly '80
    Fort Wilderness '78
    Poly '76