Quantcast "New" ADR policy - LOVE! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spinnerf View Post
    Another satisfied diner! We too we able to get Le Cellier the day before, although I think it going from 1 to 2 credits coupled with the new reservation system is the reason.
    Especially fine with us, as we aren't dining plan folks.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this policy is for signature and character meals. I totally forgot about a noon ressie at Vias and so far no charge for it. I did however have to give a credit card for 1900, Tusker,Crystals and akersus..We were in the American Adventure show and it dawned on me.. We had just eaten at 10am at Akersus and was not even thinking about eating. We ate at 7pm at Teppon that night and actually it was too soon to eat again..

We were just there Jan 20-28th this year This will be the la time for a long long time. It was really unmagical for us and many others this trip.
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    I think this policy is for signature and character meals. I totally forgot about a noon ressie at Vias and so far no charge for it. I did however have to give a credit card for 1900, Tusker,Crystals and akersus..We were in the American Adventure show and it dawned on me.. We had just eaten at 10am at Akersus and was not even thinking about eating. We ate at 7pm at Teppon that night and actually it was too soon to eat again..

We were just there Jan 20-28th this year This will be the la time for a long long time. It was really unmagical for us and many others this trip.
    The deposit policy is for signature/character dining. This policy in addition to no longer being able to make multiple ADRs for the same time period are what is aiding in more reservations opening up.

Sorry you had such a bad trip. I do hope you'll report in the Trip Report forum.

Post Thanks / Like

I will eventually. I am still sick from eating there. I am not saying poisoning. Just something in the food there???? Plus Disney has got to do some major refurbs, not just dusting and painting. BUT UPDATING SHOWS and rides. I will report next week..
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see others are digging the new policy. I think it's fantastic and long overdue. Earlier this month I got into 'Ohana during prime dinner hours on less than a week's notice. That would have been impossible a year ago.

If I have a critique, it's that I think the credit card hold applies to a few too many places. I didn't book Cape May Cafe dinner this year because I didn't want to be locked into a restaurant that's not always mobbed and isn't really all that special to begin with. But I'm glad to see that the change is getting the intended results.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    That's so funny. We were there Jan 20-27th this year and had the most magical trip we've had in a long time. I'm sorry your trip wasn't up to your expectations!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

we've always found that during less peak times, its much easier to call and add a last minute ressie because there are always cancellations. last year at this time we got garden grill and (the epcot princess once i cannot spell) the day before.

Of course, i'm sure that the new policy is also very helpful, because Disney is making money on the selfish (im sure some people still double book and dont think twice about the fee) and everyone else gets a better dining experience.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

We had dinner last Saturday at Ohana. We were seated exactly at our ADR time and there were a good amount of empty tables. We haven't seen that in a long time. I'm guessing guests are not willing to leave credit card info just in case they don't make it.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    we've always found that during less peak times, its much easier to call and add a last minute ressie because there are always cancellations.
    We have always traveled during Value season, which is supposed to be off-peak. Until about 4-5 years ago, we never had a problem calling for ADRs the morning or even day before we wanted to dine somewhere. In fact, we rarely made ADRs at all. Then we started hitting walls when we tried to find a place to eat and bowed to the almighty ADR just so we'd be assured of eating where we wanted. Last week was the first trip in YEARS that I've been able to call and get an ADR while I was actually at Disney.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be a good thing. Our trip is just 3 1/2 months away, and I was able to just call and get Ohana's for Mother's Day! Also picked up Le Cellier with no trouble!

91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

It never DAWNED on me to double book...or that others would! This is AWESOME!! As for the CC issue, hotels do it all the time...I don't see an issue with it. Bon Appetit!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    My experience is no, as we got Le Cellier dinner reservations for January in December.
    While I has the exact same experience, an additional factor might be the 2TS credit charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    While I has the exact same experience, an additional factor might be the 2TS credit charge.
    So true! I guess Le Cellier just got easier because of the 3 factors - no double booking, deposit AND 2TS. Like I said though, I don't think about the dining plan stuff. Never done it, and probably never will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    So true! I guess Le Cellier just got easier because of the 3 factors - no double booking, deposit AND 2TS. Like I said though, I don't think about the dining plan stuff. Never done it, and probably never will.
    Serious question: Is there anyone that actually likes Le Cellier as a signature restaurant? I've read nothing by criticism.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Serious question: Is there anyone that actually likes Le Cellier as a signature restaurant? I've read nothing by criticism.
    Ive only ever had it as a signature restaurant..... I liked it... however I feel that Yachtsman was all around better.

but I didn't not like LeCellier and I will be back
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    Ive only ever had it as a signature restaurant..... I liked it... however I feel that Yachtsman was all around better.

but I didn't not like LeCellier and I will be back
    We snapped it up for lunch, so it's still just one credit. Hmmmmm, looking for something new, maybe Yachtsman--have to check into it!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great policy.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Really glad to hear about all the success people have had with walk ups and last minute reservations. Great news!!

Post Thanks / Like

The policy is long over due. I'm glad it's working out!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    So is it a bit disconcerting to anyone else that so many people have double-booked reservations in the past that popular choices are now showing availability with the new policy? Double-booking just never would occur to me since it seems so rude to other guests.
    I find it more than disconcerting, I am completely appalled that anyone would have done this. It would never have occured to me in a million years. When people were having to make ADRs the nanosecond they were able to 180 days out in order to have a chance to visit the restaurants they wanted? Unbelievable.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: