Quantcast Disney Premier Visa - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that the amounts being charged are not based on what you buy but where you buy it. Walmart and Meijer are classified as grocery stores, so everything you spend there would count towards the extra 2%. If look at your annual review statement, you can see how much you spent in the categories to know if you'd come out ahead or not.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As a family who also does not pay any annual fee for any of our cc's this is one we have to look at since we have been Disney Visa card holders since 2004. Just called DH after I looked at our yearly summary for our cc purchases. Just for groceries & gas alone the Disney Premier Visa card is a no brainer. Since DH own his business the $49 fee is a write off as well. So it looks like for us its a win win situation. Does anyone know if you can keep the same cc # as the current Visa? This would be the only problem we may occur since DH has the number on file with all his vendors as well as direct billing for some utilities etc.
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

i am going back and forth on the deal..

unfortuantly not having a Nemo design on the platinum is my DWs deal breaker.
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    unfortuantly not having a Nemo design on the platinum is my DWs deal breaker.
    They posted an article last week on the Disney Parks blog. In the comments section, they mentioned that, in addition to the new designs, you can select one of the old designs as well.

I haven't yet upgraded myself, so I can't confirm this. My wife wants to keep the classic Mickey card, which is one of the non-Premier designs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dyanna View Post
    Does anyone know if you can keep the same cc # as the current Visa?
    I think you do keep the same number. When I did the upgrade online yesterday it said something to the effect that you need to contact those that charge your card with the new exp date and security code. Said nothing about a new number.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I think you do keep the same number. When I did the upgrade online yesterday it said something to the effect that you need to contact those that charge your card with the new exp date and security code. Said nothing about a new number.
    I believe you are correct. You'll get a new expiration date and security code, so recurring payments WILL break.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm torn because I have the "out of print" 50 Years card design and would hate to give that up. Change is good though, right? Also, since my company cut back on travel, I have been using my airline AMEX card for everything lately for the mileage bump. The 2% though might sway me back to the Disney card. I need to do the math.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was upset about not being able to have my Nemo card but now I know we can keep it I am a happy camper again :-)
    DVC Member as of 11/09 BLT!!
    1992 Dolphin Resort
    1995 stayed off-site
    2002 All-Star Movies Resort
    2007 (Oct) Port Orleans French Quarter
    2008 (Nov )1 night at POP
    2008 (Nov) Old Key West Resort
    2011 (Jan) BLT 2 room suite!!!
    2011 (Oct/Nov) BLT 1 bedroom suite
    2012 (Oct) BLT 2 room suite :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I am editing my original post here - in looking at the year-end statement, it appears that Chase has now allocated more stores in their grocery and gas repertoire. In the past, we've missed out on double points due to their "grocery store" classifications. May be worth considering . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    I am editing my original post here - in looking at the year-end statement, it appears that Chase has now allocated more stores in their grocery and gas repertoire. In the past, we've missed out on double points due to their "grocery store" classifications. May be worth considering . . .
    Is Super Target included? I do about 95% of my shopping at Super Target, and I spend a lot of money there! I would be willing to get this card and just use it for my Target (and gas) trips if it is included.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    They posted an article last week on the Disney Parks blog. In the comments section, they mentioned that, in addition to the new designs, you can select one of the old designs as well.

I haven't yet upgraded myself, so I can't confirm this. My wife wants to keep the classic Mickey card, which is one of the non-Premier designs.
    Hmm that is something to think about now.....

But i was looking at my Chase BP card and I get 2% cash back on all Gas, Grocery and restaurants without an Annual fee... And whats nice is you can request a check in the mail (not just apply it at the pump).

so i may just "save" the $49 and keep with the cards i have now.

The only card we have with an annual fee is the Gold Delta Sky miles and that is $95. each time we fly we save $100 on free bags and they also give you a $99 companion flies anywhere in a the contential US for $99+ Taxes.... thats huge especially when flying out to Cali for Disneyland once in a while

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Is Super Target included? I do about 95% of my shopping at Super Target, and I spend a lot of money there! I would be willing to get this card and just use it for my Target (and gas) trips if it is included.
    Target showed up under my "grocery" category on my annual spending report. Only problem I have is that just before Christmas we got the Target "Red Card" which gives you 5% off you purchases at Target right at the register. As much as I love Disney and want the reward dollars, doesn't make sense to opt for 2% at Target when I can get 5%, other stores yes, Target no.

I called yesterday to upgrade to premiere. I think I was routed to an India call center, very difficult to understand what was going on. I asked if I could have one design and my DW another and she said yes. I said, great, I want the red Sorcerer Mickey and I get, "ok- Mickey and Minnie?" So I feel its going to be a bit of a lottery when the actual card arrives. I'm supposed to get Sorcerer and the DW Enchanted Castle.

She also said that there will be new expiration dates on the card, but the actual 16 digit card # will remain the same. I don't know about the 3 digit security #. Even though the card # has not changed, any reoccurring (auto deduct) charges that you do on the card, you will have to update your profiles at the vendor.

I really wish they'd do more incentives during the year. I got the card initially in 2003 (still have the Day 1 pin on my bulletin board at work) as a novelty but didn't really use it as I was using either my Northwest Visa for miles or our Royal Caribbean card for cruise points. But they did a promotion where for three months you got 3X the reward dollars after you charged a minimum amount ($500 I think). They did this one other time and this is what got me using the card. It might have been a different card company back then too, not Chase. But I don't recall anything like that since.

I was hoping too that with an annual fee there would be an additional "at park" perk as well, but they seem to have remained unchanged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Target showed up under my "grocery" category on my annual spending report. Only problem I have is that just before Christmas we got the Target "Red Card" which gives you 5% off you purchases at Target right at the register. As much as I love Disney and want the reward dollars, doesn't make sense to opt for 2% at Target when I can get 5%, other stores yes, Target no.
    The only Target card available at our local store is the Red DEBIT Card. I don't want a Target debit card. Also, we asked if DH could sign up for the Target card and if I could be an authorized user. I don't want any other cards in my name, but I am the one that does all the shopping. They said "no", that the card would only be in DH's name. I would have to apply for a card in my own name if I wanted to be able to use it. Too many restrictions for us.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Special offer for NEW Cardholders...

Just noticed that they are offering a $100 statement credit after first use of the card for NEW cardholders.

The pot has been sweetened. So, basically, new cardmembers are being paid $51 for the first year of the card, rather than having to pay $49. Or, you can look at it as two years "fee free".

Good deal. Might do it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded yesterday. You can select from the old card designs as well as from the new ones.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I really wish they'd do more incentives during the year. I got the card initially in 2003 (still have the Day 1 pin on my bulletin board at work) as a novelty but didn't really use it as I was using either my Northwest Visa for miles or our Royal Caribbean card for cruise points. But they did a promotion where for three months you got 3X the reward dollars after you charged a minimum amount ($500 I think). They did this one other time and this is what got me using the card. It might have been a different card company back then too, not Chase. But I don't recall anything like that since.
    That was Bank of America Days i believe.... Thats the promotion that got me involved in it.... but ever since its been $1 per $100.

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Upgraded yesterday. You can select from the old card designs as well as from the new ones.
    Do you have to call to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Unfortunately, my design has been discontinued. I wonder if they would still let me have it? Probably not.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was Capitol One. Please report back when you get the card if it still has "CHARTER CARDHOLDER" printed on your card.

Post Thanks / Like

At first my husband said "no way" to adding a fee to our card. But then he crunched the numbers and realized it made sense, as long as we always pay our balance off. So, I just went online and signed up! Can't wait to start earning more!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The only Target card available at our local store is the Red DEBIT Card. I don't want a Target debit card. Also, we asked if DH could sign up for the Target card and if I could be an authorized user. I don't want any other cards in my name, but I am the one that does all the shopping. They said "no", that the card would only be in DH's name. I would have to apply for a card in my own name if I wanted to be able to use it. Too many restrictions for us.
    When I signed up for the RedCard it gave me two choices, to set it up as a debit card, or as a regular credit card. Once I had my card I simply went on line and had a 2nd card issued in my wife's name (same account #). I'm surprised that Target would vary their policies by region, maybe? Might want to check again to see if there are multiple options on how you want your card (credit vs. debit).

Only thing I don't like about it is that you only get 5% discount on what you charge to your RedCard. If you used a $200 gift card, you wouldn't get the 5% off on that portion of the purchase. I understand why they do it, but I'd prefer that I choose my own credit card and still get the 5%. Won't happen, but that's what I'd like.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: