Quantcast Disney Premier Visa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Premier Visa

Sounds almost too good to be true. Chase just introduced a Disney Premier Visa. For an annual fee of $49, you can get 2% on groceries, gas and dining and anything spent at a Disney location. Plus all the other benefits of the regular Disney Visa. And for the first 3 months they will give you 5% on groceries, gas and dining. Anyone interested?
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Upgraded to Premier Disney Visa Card

When checking my Chase account yesterday, I saw the ad for it. I called up and upgraded to the Premier Disney Visa Card. New designs for card and being I pay my card off at the end of each month, getting the extra points is well worth the annual fee of $49. Our Disney Rewards are paying a big chunk of the Resort stay for us this year.
    82, 84, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 92, - Poly
    96 - Grand Floridian
    04 - Beach Club
    05 - POP
    06 - Wilderness Lodge
    07 - Coronado Springs
    07 - All Star Music
    08 - 11 Coronado Springs
    12 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Old Key West Villa
    13 - Coronado Springs
    14 - Old Key West Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Nope! Not keen on anything with a fee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I totally agree! We got this "offer" in the mail today and my first reaction is "$49 bucks?? Not happening!!"
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

While I would normally agree, however, we usually have enough points to cover a couple of APs a year, and that's with 1%. With 2% we will certainly come out way ahead. Yes, I understand it's only on gas and groceries and restaurants, but that's a huge chunk of what we put on the card.

It's like the TiW card where you pay for the privilege. Doing the math, I bet it would be silly to not join up for many.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't pay for credit cards, I think It's nuts. But in this case I would come out ahead. Just figuring what we spend on grocerys the extra 1% would pay for the card and also add about $40 a year. So since I pay for all the gas I use in my buisness ( I'm an electrician and I drive a 3/4 ton van that is not very easy on fuel ) with the card I'm bound to come out ahead. I know it also includes restaruants but the occasional Big Mac is the only money spent there. I'm going for it. Look out treehouses, we're heading your way in two more years.

Post Thanks / Like

Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    While I would normally agree, however, we usually have enough points to cover a couple of APs a year, and that's with 1%. With 2% we will certainly come out way ahead. Yes, I understand it's only on gas and groceries and restaurants, but that's a huge chunk of what we put on the card.

It's like the TiW card where you pay for the privilege. Doing the math, I bet it would be silly to not join up for many.
    We crunched the numbers and we'd come out ahead with this. If you look at your annual review statement, you can see how much you spent on restaurants, gas, and groceries. That will give you a good idea of whether you'd come out ahead or behind. We put everything on the card and pay it off each month, so that helps.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

A while back, I received an e-mail from Chase asking me to take a survey on the Disney Credit Card. The main question appeared to be - under what circumstances would you be willing to pay a fee? I answered "none", and the survey ended right there. I wish I had taken the rest of the survey. Getting extra points must have been the answer most given to the question.

The extra points seems to be worth it only if you have a large family (large food and gas bills) and spend quite a bit at Disney World (staying at Deluxe Hotels, for example). $5,000 in just those categories is a pretty high threshold to reach for a lot of us. Since I don't fall in this category, I'll stay with my original card. I just hope this isn't the start of fees for all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    We put everything on the card and pay it off each month, so that helps.
    That is another key part. If you carry a balance, this (dare I say ANY rewards card) is not smart. Even a small balance carried over for only one month can, and probably will, eat all your rewards and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    The extra points seems to be worth it only if you have a large family (large food and gas bills) and spend quite a bit at Disney World (staying at Deluxe Hotels, for example). $5,000 in just those categories is a pretty high threshold to reach for a lot of us. Since I don't fall in this category, I'll stay with my original card. I just hope this isn't the start of fees for all.
    We charge about $4K a month on our card, not all gas and groceries, but still. It's just the three of us. The Disney Rewards is mediocre at best in terms of rewards cards overall though. If you like it, great, if not there are others. A while back I remember a GM card offering like 5%, would have been great if I'd ever step foot in a GM. Been a Chase Disney card holder from the get go, it's been pretty good for us. Got a load o points though sitting around for when we next visit, whenever at will be. I might need to start checking the expiration dae on these points.

Post Thanks / Like

OK what did I miss here? On the offer I got I read the fine print and I saw no mention of having to meet a certian amount every month to get the extra points. I am in the same boat as you in as the monthly total is about $4000. And I really dont see that increasing. I guess it's time to call them and get the real low down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wizard View Post
    OK what did I miss here? On the offer I got I read the fine print and I saw no mention of having to meet a certian amount every month to get the extra points. I am in the same boat as you in as the monthly total is about $4000. And I really dont see that increasing. I guess it's time to call them and get the real low down.
    Mr Wizard, you don't have to meet a certain amount charged every month. What you have to do is charge over $4900 in Disney, food, and gas over a year to make it worth paying the $49 in annual fee. If you don't annually charge that much, you will be paying more in fees than you will get back in points.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr Wizard, you don't have to meet a certain amount charged every month. What you have to do is charge over $4900 in Disney, food, and gas over a year to make it worth paying the $49 in annual fee. If you don't annually charge that much, you will be paying more in fees than you will get back in points.
    If it's 2$ per $100, then you would have to charge roughly $2,500.00 to make it worth it, in food, gas, Disney, etc.

Like others said I'm not too keen on spending a fee for a card anyway.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    If it's 2$ per $100, then you would have to charge roughly $2,500.00 to make it worth it, in food, gas, Disney, etc.
    I'm not sure about that. I saw this argument on another website, and it seems to make sense to me. You're already getting 1% with the card. To get the other 1%, you'd have to pay the $49 annual fee. Therefore, you'd have to charge over $4900 to make it worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh OK, I get where you are going with this. I obviously miss-took things to mean if you didn't spend a quota amount each month then you woulden't get the additional points. Some of their previous bonus points offers were based on a minimum monthly purchase so I guess that's where I was confused. But as I said before just the extra point on grocerys alone will pay the $49 fee plus another $40 a year in points. I can't wait for it to kick in because I now have two beautiful grand-daughters to take to Disney !

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about that. I saw this argument on another website, and it seems to make sense to me. You're already getting 1% with the card. To get the other 1%, you'd have to pay the $49 annual fee. Therefore, you'd have to charge over $4900 to make it worth it.
    Right. I was saying that to break even with the annual fee you would have to charge approximately the 2,500.00.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you have a TIW card? You paid for that, but I'm sure you have gotten more than the amount back in savings, right?

It's the same with credit card fees. People are too quick to dismiss any "fee" cards, but it's often a foolish thing to do. We have an AMEX Gold card. We pay $150 annually for it. We have "earned" over $1000 in points each year we've had it so far. We charge EVERYTHING on it, and use the rewards for air travel, mostly, on whatever airline we want. We make sure we take advantage of any bonus offers that we can, and when we originally signed up for the card, it came with 50,000 bonus points. It was WAY too good of a deal to pass up. Right off the bat, we were handed, essentially, $500 worth of airfare, minus the $150 annual fee, we came out ahead $350 before we even used the card.

While this seems like a good deal, we will stick with our AMEX which has a much more flexible rewards redemption system.

Don't poo poo a credit card that has a useful (to you) rewards program just because it has a fee. $49 is a VERY reasonable fee.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It's like not cashing in that winning lottery ticket because you're going to have to pay tax on the winnings...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    It's like not cashing in that winning lottery ticket because you're going to have to pay tax on the winnings...
    Yep. Nothing is really FREE. You gotta spend money to make money. It's like investing vs. stashing money under the mattress.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I generally hate and rip up any credit card offer that includes an annual fee. As a general rule there is no reason to pay annual fees. That said there are some exceptions. I hate it, but I pay the $90 annual fee for the Delta Amex card because one flight a year for my family of 5 (with the free checked bags) will more than offset the annual fee. The new Disney Visa isn't a slam dunk by any means.

I'm surprised that they didn't sweeten the pot a bit more. Getting 2% is great but my guess is a lot of families won't be able to really benefit by it when you consider the cost/benefit of the $49 annual fee. I did a quick calculation and by my estimates we will probably gain an extra $150 of reward points annually under the new card, so we'd see a net gain of basically $100. Which is good, not stellar, but its still a $100 I wouldn't have otherwise, so I'll swallow my pride and pay the $49. At least the 5% bonus in the first three months will generate a few extra reward $$. The way the DW is nagging me about our next trip, I need to accumulate fast!

Plus, I like the new red Mickey Sorcerer design.

Looks like really the only significant change, other than the 2% on gas, dining and groceries, is that if you charge airline tickets to your new Disney premiere card that you can then pay for them with your reward points. Otherwise I didn't see any new perks associated to park visits.

My original Disney Visa has the "Charter Cardmember" on it (previously Day 1). Hopefully the new one will too.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: