Quantcast Healthy Living Club 2012 - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

So… update. The ball of my left foot has been killing me the last 6-12 months to the point I stopped running completely a few months ago and replaced spinning on my stationary bike for it altogether. I put off seeing a doctor (like most stubborn people do!) hoping it was just a pulled tendon and it would heal on its own. I was wrong. It was getting worse this summer to where I couldn’t do any sort of jump training at all. Needless to say, Disney was a little painful this past September. So… I finally went to a podiatrist today who took x-rays and the diagnosis is a fracture of my sesamoid bone. *sigh* So now I am in this REALLY attractive shoe cast for several weeks hoping it will heal on its own so no surgery is needed to remove the piece that has broken off. The doctor thinks I probably fractured it a couple times and it just wouldn’t heal due to repeated impact. The bone is only the size of a blueberry so I guess it was a pain I could tolerate all these months. I just need to be patient and let it heal completely so I can get back to running soon (hopefully!). I can still bike, weight train with my trainer, swim, etc. Just no running or high impact activities. Lesson learned that I need to listen to my body… even with the little things.

Well, that’s it for me!! Hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy as we enter the holiday season!
    steph
    Paging Mr. Morrow... Mr. Tom Morrow. Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower to confirm your flight to the moon.

BC: 9/12, 7/13, 1/14, 5/14, 9/14, 1/15, 9/15, 9/16
    GF: 9/16
    SSR: 9/13
    WL: 5/16
    BW: 9/11
    OKW: 7/10
    AK: 6/09
    BLT: 9/15
    CBR: 8/07
    ASMo 12/14
    Offsite: 8/88

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, Steph. You will get better. You have all the luck with neat footwear.

As for me, I made the decision today, reluctantly, to put my bike away for the winter. The weather is supposed to turn cold and with the rain today the roads will probably start to freeze.

I put about 2000 km's on my new bike this year and wanted to do more. Maybe next year.

For now, it's back into the gym for static workouts.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope your foot heals quickly Stephi!

Gary, sorry you have to store the bike now. It has gotten really chilly out!

I've been struggling to stick with my workout routine for the last few months. Something's always interfering! But lately it's been easier to be consistent. Lots of bad food around this time of year too! Frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Help!!! I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and have now lost 25 pounds this year. Happy dance, happy dance. Still have another 25 to go. But........I want Christmas cookies and egg nog and pasta, pasta, pasta NOW!
    Then we leave on the 29th for WDW and I want to eat everything while I'm there.
    I won't get to another WW meeting until Jan. 15. I think maybe help isn't what I need so much as prayers.
    Thanks for listening, I will now quietly slink off and behave myfatself.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Kay,

You are doing FANTASTIC! Personally, I'm of the belief that it's ok to indulge during the holidays. I'm not talking craziness here, because moderation is always best. I've learned to not deny my every desire. A little here and there will not ruin my long term goals if my overall consistency is balanced.

We had a week in Disney after Thanksgiving. We also had the dining plan. We splurge once a year for this treat. I came home with the scales reading 10lbs heavier. However, after about a week and a half of healthier eating and exercise, I was back to my pre-vacation weight.

Some may say I am sabotaging my efforts. I don't agree. I no longer view weight maintenance/loss as an event, but as a lifestyle. The slower it comes off, the easier it is to sustain.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Help!!! I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and have now lost 25 pounds this year. Happy dance, happy dance. Still have another 25 to go. But........I want Christmas cookies and egg nog and pasta, pasta, pasta NOW!
    Then we leave on the 29th for WDW and I want to eat everything while I'm there.
    I won't get to another WW meeting until Jan. 15. I think maybe help isn't what I need so much as prayers.
    Thanks for listening, I will now quietly slink off and behave myfatself.
    Just remember all the exercise you will get at WDW with all that walking! That will help eliminate a lot of calories, so you couldeat a little more. Makes me hungry for beignets.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: