Quantcast Beach Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club

We are staying at the Beach Club for the first time, and I wanted to get some feedback on the food options at the resort.
    How do you feel about these?

Cape May Cafe
    Rip Tide Lounge
    Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
    Hurricane Hanna's Grille
    WDW '87 POLYNESIAN
    WDW '94 OKW
    WDW '95 OKW
    WDW '97 OKW
    WDW '99 OKW
    WDW '99 OKW
    WDW '01 OKW
    WDW '02 OKW
    WDW '04 OKW

WDW '06 SARATOGA SPRINGS
    WDW '07 OKW
    WDW '08 OKW
    WDW '09 OKW/SARATOGA SPRINGS
    WDW '12 OKW/BCV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy Cape May. Great buffet and they don't rush you out of the restaurant. Very relaxing, good servers. Haven't ate at any of the others, but Cape May is our traditional first night restaurant! The Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club (the two resorts are attached) is another good option!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Cape May Cafe
    Great for Breakfast. Neat characters in different themed outfits from the park. IMO - A little overpriced for the food you get for dinner. Unless you're "hungry" for the characters, I'd opt for the Yachtsman

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
    We went there a LOT. Great pineapple sodas ... good burgers, etc.

Hurricane Hanna's Grille
    Mostly a bar, but basic grill food. OK. But I'd opt for Beaches and Cream for more variety

But, remember, you're right across from the Boardwalk! Plenty of yummy dining options there!!
    ~~Barb~~
    AKL Jambo House - 3/31/12 - 4/8/12
    BWV - 10/07
    BCV - 11/30 - 12/10/04
    BCV - 12/03 (Christmas at WDW)
    Contemp - 10/98
    Contemp - 12/97

Post Thanks / Like

I like Cape May. Breakfast is a standard buffet with characters. Nice variety and I think usually Minnie, Goofy & Donald. Dinner is a seafood buffet no characters. My husband is a huge seafood fan and he loved it especially the crab legs. I am not as big on seafood and still found plenty to eat.

I love Beaches & Cream. Cute atmosphere, decent burgers and great sundaes. It can get crowded and wait can get long because it is so small. We tried to go off times and never has a problem.

Hurricane Hannah's is fine. Normal fast food. Good kids grilled cheese. Probably wouldn't be my first choice unless I was out by the pool.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Food!

Beaches & Cream! That is all.
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

What is Rip Tide Lounge? Never heard of it. Have stayed at the BC twice, most recently in December.

We liked Hurricane Hannah's grill (great for when you are poolside, and FYI, they have wait staff that walk around the pool deck taking drink orders, but they will do a food order as well, and bring it to your chair!). HH's has the same cheeseburgers served at Beaches and Cream, for a bit less $$$. Best kept "secret".

Beaches and Cream was really good, but the wait for a table was excruciatingly long. If you want to eat here, be there RIGHT at 11am for lunch, or somewhere around 4 for dinner. Otherwise, set yourself up for a minimum hour wait, and closer to 90 min if there is even one family waiting outside when you arrive. We waited over 90 min and we were "third" on the list. It seems like EVERYONE inside ordered a full dinner, followed by the Kitchen Sink (I'm not kidding). When we did finally end up being seated (our family of 4, with two small kids), it was at the counter on stools, so if you're not okay with that kind of seating arrangement, let the hostess know ahead of time! Food was VERY good, though!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they have the Rip Tide Lounge any longer. I looked it up and it seems like it was absorbed by Cape May Cafe back in 2009. Looks like it was an area used for special events and continental breakfast. Anyone have more information?
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I don't think they have the Rip Tide Lounge any longer. I looked it up and it seems like it was absorbed by Cape May Cafe back in 2009. Looks like it was an area used for special events and continental breakfast. Anyone have more information?
    Is it the current Martha's Vineyard lounge, maybe?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Is it the current Martha's Vineyard lounge, maybe?
    I don't think so, because that has been Martha's Vineyard for much longer than a few years, I think. It sounds like it was maybe near or part of Ariel's? I am not sure.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so, because that has been Martha's Vineyard for much longer than a few years, I think. It sounds like it was maybe near or part of Ariel's? I am not sure.
    Hmm, I don't know then. Martha's Vineyard is right next to Ariel's, which is at a dead end. We had our wedding reception at Ariel's in 2001. Maybe the Rip Tide lounge was part of Cape May at one time and they Got rid of it to make Cape May larger.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I don't know then. Martha's Vineyard is right next to Ariel's, which is at a dead end. We had our wedding reception at Ariel's in 2001. Maybe the Rip Tide lounge was part of Cape May at one time and they Got rid of it to make Cape May larger.
    Aw, did you? I didn't know that. How cool!

From what I found online, it does sound like it was maybe part of Cape May and became restaurant seating area instead of lounge area. But someone has to know.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, did you? I didn't know that. How cool!
    Yep, we had our wedding at the Pavilion and our reception at Ariel's. I think that's why the BC feels like "our" hotel. It was fun to return 10 years later, and go into Ariel's with our two sons. I'm glad it's still there. They told us that shortly after our wedding in 2001, it was going to "go away". I'm glad they changed their mind about that.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Beaches & Cream is a must. You can go for the great burgers or just for the ice cream. Or better yet...both. But a stay at the BC almost demands a visit here.

Cape May is fun. The character breakfast is good, and the dinner buffet is well done. For New England style seafood, this is your best bet. But after all, this is one of several WDW buffets. So if you prefer different food or a different setting, no one would flame you for missing it.

Hurricane Hannahs is just a counter service station for the pool area. Yes they serve the same B&C burgers here. So if you are needing lunch by the pool this is a good choice. But no need to make a special effort to pay a visit.

One of the benefits of staying at the BC is the incredible amount of dining venues within a 15 minute walk. Don't limit yourself to just the few at the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Cape May is fun. The character breakfast is good, and the dinner buffet is well done. For New England style seafood, this is your best bet.
    Is it just me, or is anyone else confused as to why a restaurant called "Cape May" is considered a "New England" Restaurant?

Even from Disney's website:
    As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England décor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
    Ummm sorry, but Cape May is not in New England. Makes no sense.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, you had me curious so I googled "meaning of cape may." The result was...."Cape May - a cape of southeast New Jersey extending into the Atlantic Ocean." And here all along I thought it had something to do with Cape Cod!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else confused as to why a restaurant called "Cape May" is considered a "New England" Restaurant?

Even from Disney's website:Ummm sorry, but Cape May is not in New England. Makes no sense.
    It's all about the theme as a whole! The Cape May cafe is so named because the "stick style" architecture that is used on the Beach Club has its origins in beach side buildings in and around Cape May NJ. The name of the "signature" restaurant for the Beach Club reflects the heritage of the architectural style. However, the resort as a whole (to include Yacht Club) is supposed to be reminiscent of "turn of the century beach towns in New England." Whether or not you consider NJ part of New England is up for debate. It can be argued that since it's called NEW JERSEY, it is.

Somehow, I don't think the Cape May buffet clambake would be more popular if it consisted of "Jersey Shore" type foods, although it would certainly command a roll of Tums at each table.

And, there's your Disney lesson for today.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Whether or not you consider NJ part of New England is up for debate. It can be argued that since it's called NEW JERSEY, it is.

Somehow, I don't think the Cape May buffet clambake would be more popular if it consisted of "Jersey Shore" type foods, although it would certainly command a roll of Tums at each table.

And, there's your Disney lesson for today.
    Sorry, but NJ is not, and will never be, part of NE!

And I eat a pork roll egg and chesse a couple times a week, don't need any tums.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Sorry, but NJ is not, and will never be, part of NE!

And I eat a pork roll egg and chesse a couple times a week, don't need any tums.
    Hey, I lived in NJ for 10 years. You don't have to convince me.

I was just sayin'...
    Natalie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: