Quantcast Downton Abbey - Season 2 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I don't know, it could have gone either way. I also question his accent. When his memories supposedly came back wouldn't his accent come back with them? There are lots of forms of amnesia and aphasia but it would seem to me you'd regress to your inbred accent. Any speech language pathologists out there that would know?
    My thoughts exactly! It just doesn't ring true, although I almost hope it is. It would be wonderful to see Edith find love and with the heir to boot! Just seems so strange they brought him into the story and then had him slink right off again. :/

I really hope that Lord Grantham gets his head together about Jane. It's just too obvious where they are leading this story line. My worst nightmare would be that she gets pregnant with the male heir. Ugh--hope that doesn't happen!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW. What a finale. I had forgotten we got two episodes last night, and now only the Christmas episode is left. So if last night ended in April, I guess we're fast forwarding 8 months.

I hate the Jane storyline, and if nothing else ever comes from it, it's the first storyline I really question from the writers. Every scene between Jane and Robert felt really awkward to me. Cringe worthy.

Can not wait for the last episode.

Post Thanks / Like

I was so excited for a two hour episode until I realized that meant the season was almost over.

I don't want to be spoilery so early in the day so I won't comment on most of the story lines but I agree with you, Mel on the Jane story.

I think the intention was to show how out of place Lord Grantham felt with the changing world and how the changes are affecting his family and perhaps give him a bit of a midlife crisis. But I felt it was so out of character for him that it felt false. And the resolution was just to convenient.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the gentleman playing Lord Grantham in anything else? Hugh Bonneville can play a rather creepy fellow. Check him out in Mansfield Park (1999) and Daniel Deronda (2002). You can stream both on NetFlix.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of mixed feelings on that episode. And it seems like so much happened that didn't have a chance to fully develop, just stuff being thrown at us. And yes, cringe worthy sometimes. I really can't believe I didn't see that Jane storyline coming when the rest of you did. I think I had too much faith in Lord Grantham. And Mary almost lost me a few times. Matthew brings out her best. I'm afraid if she spends much more time with Sir Richard, she will be beyond hope. And Anna and Bates! Good thing we already know there's a Season Three coming.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Have you seen the gentleman playing Lord Grantham in anything else? Hugh Bonneville can play a rather creepy fellow. Check him out in Mansfield Park (1999) and Daniel Deronda (2002). You can stream both on NetFlix.
    Yes, I actually own both of these, and I agree. He's a great actor though. Remember him in Notting Hill?

Post Thanks / Like

That was certainly a lot to take in! I hated the Grantham-Jane thing and I'm glad she's gone. AgentC I agree with you it was used as a mechanism to show how lost Robert felt during the war and Cora admitting to him she probably got caught up and neglected him too much.

Mary really disappoints me. Just when I begin to warm to her and she shows compassion or understanding, her snobbery and coldness comes right back out. She was like that before Sir Richard entered the picture and I think he just makes it worse.

Really looking forward to the Christmas special! I'm hosting my friends over for tea while we watch it, lol.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    That was certainly a lot to take in! I hated the Grantham-Jane thing and I'm glad she's gone. AgentC I agree with you it was used as a mechanism to show how lost Robert felt during the war and Cora admitting to him she probably got caught up and neglected him too much.

Mary really disappoints me. Just when I begin to warm to her and she shows compassion or understanding, her snobbery and coldness comes right back out. She was like that before Sir Richard entered the picture and I think he just makes it worse.

Really looking forward to the Christmas special! I'm hosting my friends over for tea while we watch it, lol.
    Cora finding other interests doesn't exactly make her neglectful or excuse his coming on to the maid. I hate that she had to apologize. But it is in keeping with her time period, and let's face it, she had some very unkind moments over the past few shows. But still, no excuse for Lord Grantham. Man up!

And I totally agree about Mary. I think the conversation between Mrs. Hughes and Carson on the subject of Mary summed her up nicely, with Mrs. Hughes thinking Mary a bit of a selfish minx and Carson defending that she wasn't like that as a child, as if maybe there's still that warm, thoughtful Mary in there that we see on occasion, mostly when she's with Matthew.

Having your friends to tea for the Christmas show sounds like such fun!
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if they weaved into the show Mary's backstory as to why she is so cold and selfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yes, I actually own both of these, and I agree. He's a great actor though. Remember him in Notting Hill?
    I agree! He is a great actor.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this show. There was so much happening the 2 hours flew by. You could sense what was going to happen with the flu outbreak. In some ways I feel bad for Mary. It just seems that she just can't get it right. I'm glad dad made up with his daughter before she left.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait for the Christmas special! I've seen more than one person refer to it as some of the best television they've ever seen. And how they've watched over and over, etc.

I know I could just get it now over the net or from buying the DVD, but I want to stretch it out as long as possible. I'm going to really miss it on Sunday nights.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched "Downton Abbey" but form everything I've been hearing, I really want to. I recently discovered someone has downloaded "Upstairs, Downstairs" to YoutTube and the 2 shows are very similar. I think once I work my way through "Upstairs, Downstairs" I'll find both seasons of "Downton Abbey" and work on that.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend in the UK whose also told me how wonderful the Christmas special was. Only a little longer to wait!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I have a friend in the UK whose also told me how wonderful the Christmas special was. Only a little longer to wait!
    10.5 hours!

Post Thanks / Like

10.5 hours!
    Longer for me. I spare my husband the agony and watch it the next day online. Can't wait!
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Longer for me. I spare my husband the agony and watch it the next day online. Can't wait!
    I'm selfish. Normally do the same (but I DVR it), but I just can't wait for this finale.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm selfish. Normally do the same (but I DVR it), but I just can't wait for this finale.
    I normally watch it very late art night or the next day. Everyone think sleeping thought toward my children. I'd love to watch it tonight!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I normally watch it very late art night or the next day. Everyone think sleeping thought toward my children. I'd love to watch it tonight!
    Good luck, Cindy. Maybe my husband will fall asleep early, too. (haha- not likely).
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    L & K --------->

Cause we gotta discuss in the morning.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: