Quantcast Chicken Strips NOT Chicken Nuggets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken Strips NOT Chicken Nuggets

My kids do not like the Disney Chicken Nuggets, so please post any places (counter service or table service) in all of the WDW parks and resorts where I can find Chicken Strips. They do not have food allergies, and they do not need gluten free either - just plain old Chicken Strips. It's okay if the Chicken Strips are on the adult menu instead of the children's menu, since I will just order from the adult menu if needed. Any help is appreciated or let me know if there is a better place to post this request. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure those are gone too.

The " adult" chicken nuggets are real chicken pieces, but not strips. You can get more breading on the nuggets, which makes them cheaper to produce. Inside, it's real chicken still, not the shredded ground up stuff like McDonalds.

The childrens menu ones though are the nuggets your thinking of mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken Strips NOT Chicken Nuggets

We were there a couple of weeks ago and my son was getting the strips at the CS at WL (Roaring Forks). He won't eat the nuggets. I'll check when her gets home to see if he got them any where else. I just know there were a lot of boat excursions between BLT and WL for the strips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I'm pretty sure those are gone too.

The " adult" chicken nuggets are real chicken pieces, but not strips. You can get more breading on the nuggets, which makes them cheaper to produce. Inside, it's real chicken still, not the shredded ground up stuff like McDonalds.

The childrens menu ones though are the nuggets your thinking of mostly.
    Exactly. The adult menus call them "chicken breast nuggets." They are essentially smaller versions of the old chicken strips, opposed to the super-processed junk on most children's menus. This is what you should order for your kids.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Exactly. The adult menus call them "chicken breast nuggets." They are essentially smaller versions of the old chicken strips, opposed to the super-processed junk on most children's menus. This is what you should order for your kids.
    Actually, I disagree with you here. The kid's chicken nuggets are a healthier option. They have WAY less breading, and are all white meat. In addition, the breading is "whole grain". This is the main reason why the kid's menu chicken nuggets are different. Also, the kid's menu burgers come on whole wheat buns, while that is not always the case with the adult burgers (we witnessed this over and over again at WDW recently).

The adult chicken breast "nuggets" are just as processed, and I would be willing to bet, their ingredient list is twice as long as the kid's version.

I have a son who, basically, lives off chicken nuggets of one sort or another. He has autism, and his diet is extremely self limiting. Over the years, I have purchased probably every brand/type of battered and/or breaded chicken product. The child's nuggets at WDW are closest to a particular brand I buy for my son MOST often because they are the healthiest and LEAST processed of the bunch. The adult chicken breast nuggests are nothing more than any name brand of "popcorn chicken".

While I love the adult chicken breast nuggets, I was happy that my son was fine eating the kid's version when he did eat chicken.

Most kids probably don't like the kid's nuggets because they are rather dry and tasteless (which likely results from less artificial garbage pumped into them).

OP: you can find the "adult chicken breast nuggets" all over. You won't have a problem finding these, if that's what your child wants.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The adult chicken breast "nuggets" are just as processed, and I would be willing to bet, their ingredient list is twice as long as the kid's version.
    You're right -- "processed" was definitely the wrong word, and I knew it when I wrote my previous post. I got lazy and didn't take the time to sufficiently articulate my point.

The child nuggets are made from a meat slurry type of product. They're all white meat in the way McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are all white meat. The mashed chicken is then molded into nugget form. The adult nuggets are breaded and fried pieces of chicken breast. They're terrible for you, but at least I'm confident that the inside is actual chicken breast and not some amalgamation of mashed chicken parts.

(And if I everything I just said was incorrect, I apologize in advance. This is my understanding, however.)
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Try the Columbia Harbour House. If I'm not mistaken, my daughter got some there.

Post Thanks / Like

Try The Wave at the Comtemporary. Their children's menu has chicken strips. My friend ate at the Wave in the Contemporary last January. He was annoyed with his daughter because she wouldn't eat her chicken because they were strips and not nuggets.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    You're right -- "processed" was definitely the wrong word, and I knew it when I wrote my previous post. I got lazy and didn't take the time to sufficiently articulate my point.

The child nuggets are made from a meat slurry type of product. They're all white meat in the way McDonald's Chicken McNuggets are all white meat. The mashed chicken is then molded into nugget form. The adult nuggets are breaded and fried pieces of chicken breast. They're terrible for you, but at least I'm confident that the inside is actual chicken breast and not some amalgamation of mashed chicken parts.

(And if I everything I just said was incorrect, I apologize in advance. This is my understanding, however.)
    Yes, you are right, sort of. It IS possible to make chicken nuggets without using a list of ingredients that sounds like a bad chemistry experiment (a la McD's). My son will not touch McDonald's ANYTHING, and I'm glad. I like to know what my kids are eating! The ones he eats most often at home, and which were almost identical to the Disney ones have a very short ingredient list, and all the items are things I have in my kitchen, so I'm fairly confident that the WDW child nuggets aren't some sort of chicken nugget "approximation."

You don't even want to know what the "real" chicken breast nuggets are soaked in before they are breaded...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for all of the responses

Thanks everyone for all of your responses!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: