Quantcast One More Disney Day: Updated with More Details - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    Just saw the teaser on the Disney website for the big reveal on the 31st...It was pretty much just clocks and it said "more time"...so I'm assuming they are expanding park hours for 2012??
    Perhaps, that was what I thought, too. Maybe this extra maintenance on the monorails is to prepare for the extra hours?

That might be the pixie dust talking...
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's one thing to say you're not going to nit pick every little thing Disney does, but it's another entirely to turn a blind eye to their faults and let them continue to deliver you less for more without voicing your displeasure. I think that's where I draw the line.
    I think that's perfectly fair. You don't want to be given substandard quality and keep paying a premium price. I've just noticed on several boards it's become "en vogue" to pick Disney to death. Kind of like the people who love a new musician and then when everyone else likes them, too, you start talking about how they've sold out and are too commercial and you're too cool for them. It kind of has that vibe - griping just to be different with no solution or substance to offer.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    I think that's perfectly fair. You don't want to be given substandard quality and keep paying a premium price. I've just noticed on several boards it's become "en vogue" to pick Disney to death. Kind of like the people who love a new musician and then when everyone else likes them, too, you start talking about how they've sold out and are too commercial and you're too cool for them. It kind of has that vibe - griping just to be different with no solution or substance to offer.
    Right that I totally agree with you is annoying. To me it's finding the right balance between giving credit where credit is due and not allowing things to slip so badly that Disney stops being Disney.

Maybe it's silly, but I've always felt I had a "duty" (and I do use that word loosely) to hold Disney to the standard that Walt set for them 50 or more years ago. I know times are different and things will never be quite up to Walt's standards again, but even so ... as someone who loves Disney the way I do I feel like I can't just accept less-for-more without at least voicing my objections to it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking it will be a marketing plan for the next year or so, like the kids stay and play for free. Not everyone knows that kids already stay free. Paying for a full price room without any discounts may not be worth the admission of a kid's MYW pass. As it is, the cost difference between a 5 and 6 day pass is minimal. Therefore, it won't cost Disney anything to add an extra day for free and have a catchy new marketing campaign.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding promotions I will say this: When I saw the announcement for Magic, Memories and You I thought it was kind of a lame promotion. And the idea of projecting images on the Castle didn't sound very exciting. However, after seeing the show I was thoroughly impressed and hope that show stays for a long time.

Point being some announcements don't sound great but end up being better. (I hope this ends up being true for AvatarLand)

I also believe there is nothing wrong with criticism as long as it is constructive. Criticizing for the sake of criticizing doesn't do anyone good.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

This is an odd thought, but I don't ever remember Disney making an announcement on a weekend before.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default One more day?

Everything Disney does is designed to keep you at WDW. The 4 parks, all of the resorts, water parks, DTD, gas stations, restaurants, etc. There's no reason to leave. My GUESS is that they are going to be giving an extra day to people staying on property to keep them from going elsewhere. I sincerely doubt that they are prepering this big announcement for a simple 24 hour day on Feb 28th into Feb 29th. Noboby would make special plans to come from around the world for a 24 hour day, but......if they do.....We will be there!!!!!
    Annual Passholders for:

Walt Disney World
    Univeral Orlando
    Sea World
    Busch Gardens

Nothing beats living in Central Florida!

Post Thanks / Like

Speculating that it is some sort of free day gimmick - do you think it would extend to those who already have trips booked for 2012?
    Colleen McD
    The Disney Dream Begins August 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Did they make the announcement yet I can't find the video?
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Did they make the announcement yet I can't find the video?
    The announcement will be during during Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest tonight on ABC....

The site shows 10 hours 40 minutes until Announcement....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping it's more than just an extra day on your pass or your hopper... that would completely exclude all the Florida passholders and AP holders, of which I am now one... ... so here's to hoping it's a bit more substantial than that!!

And Ian, I agree with you and Chris completely... I don't like it when people turn a blind eye to the things Disney has downgraded and taken away from us, like it's just part of the economic big picture & who cares, it's still Disney... and I dislike it just as much when people dis EVERYTHING Disney because they expect too much, and for things to just be handed to them at no cost. I'm thankful Disney is still trying to do things to better the experience, although I would also love to see some of the "old perks" come back...

(and thank you Mel & Chris for leading me to the right thread... I figured the question had to be out there SOMEWHERE!! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is part of the announcement has to do with "NexGen" Fastpass. Since it's all about clocks, and time, and whatnot. I think they might announce something along these lines.

Also, I am betting on "book a package including resort and park tickets and receive ONE day (lodging and tickets) of the trip FREE."
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    My guess is part of the announcement has to do with "NexGen" Fastpass.
    What is that?
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jillirose View Post
    What is that?
    Here's a thread about it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Umm...anyone hear anything??? Website says 00 hours and 00 min until announcement. I haven't heard anything. Just a ploy to get me to watch Rocking NYE with Ryan seacrest??????
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind. It's up on the website now...
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

What a terrible annoucement. This is interesting for maybe 20,000 people living close to Orlando or Anahiem. Maybe another 30,000 already planning to be down there on 2/29.

Worst annoucement ever!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing. In addition to the Leap Day thing, there is also the adding a day to the packages, which doesn't do anything for AP holders, just as I feared.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Disappointing. In addition to the Leap Day thing, there is also the adding a day to the packages, which doesn't do anything for AP holders, just as I feared.
    Agreed. And the added day is only for a 14 day, non-prime time early March window... If Disney wants to fix it, make it for ANY 2012 booking of 3 or more days. (and throw in an Ears or Pins option to those that can't stay the extra day)
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Lame-o! Not very impressive.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: