Quantcast Splitting meals review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Splitting meals review

In Sept. I ask here about splitting meals and many were kind enough to take time to give me some information on it. Well we did split a few counter services and also a few table service meals. The first was at Cat Coras. Our server was great about it. Then we did it at Citricos and our server was put out about it to say the least. We informed him we were going to do this ahead of time. When we ordered three entrees his comment was three entree's for 7 women. We also split appetizers. When we orderd desserts to split his comment was. I wouldn't expect any less from this table. Because there was 7 of us he was gauranteed 18% tip. Usually we tip at least 20% not in this case. Our check still came to well over 400.00 with drinks so it wasn't like he didn't get a good tip. It was around 80.00. We also did this at the Yatchmen steakhouse and had a great server that went out of his way for us. He got 25% when we tipped. We are going back in April and I have an ADR at the Yatchmens. I will be asking for Darrell to be our server. There is only three of us going my DH included so we may not be splitting as much. We are also on Deluxe dinning. So if you plan on splitting meals you may want to steer clear of Citricos. We love the food there but I doubt if we'll be going back there. We also alway had left over even though we split.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a jerk! But don't let it put you off the restaurant...that was the actions of ONE individual. Just don't let him serve you again ;-) BTW - I would have asked to speak to the manager and/or requested another server.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it probably was just the server don't let him ruin your dining experience.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! We experienced the EXACT same response at Citricos a couple of years ago. Our server was very put out and really rude in my opinion when he found out we were splitting a meal. It was just my wife and I so I suppose he was thinking he wouldn't get a very big tip. (which he did not because of the sarcastic comments). We haven't been back to Citricos since and probably will not. They are much friendlier at Narcoossees!
    2003- Oct.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2006- Oct/Nov.-Carribean Beach Resort
    2007-Nov.- POFQ
    2008-Nov.- POFQ
    2009- Nov.- POFQ
    2010- Nov.- PO Riverside
    2011- May- PO Riverside
    2012-May- Coronado
    2013-May- PO Riverside
    2014-May- PO Riverside
    [B]2015-April- Coronado[B/]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised by the respons you got at Citricos. DH and I have eaten there a couple times, and both times we had very rude servers (we didn't split any meals). The last time was about 3-4 years ago, and we have not returned. Food was good, not fantastic, and the terrible service sent it straight to the bottom of our dining list.

Glad you had good experiences everywhere else, though!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We are hoping to split meals on the deluxe dining plan at sci-fi and 50's prime time.... App entree and dessert are enough there lol
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Only place I've ever encountered rude server re. splitting meals was actually at Prime Time Diner. We were traveling with another family; they were on a very limited budget and were already uncomfortable about doing a table service instead of counter. Wish I had not encouraged them to try PTD-- I thought they would enjoy the interaction and the restaurant was not terribly busy so it seemed to be a great break from the mid day heat. It just never occurred to me that they would encounter a rude "cousin" but that was exactly the case. She didn't say anything to their faces but made it very clear from her expression and exasperated sighs that she disaproved of their orders. They were embarrassed and I was furious. A few minutes later I went to the ladies room and just before I went around the corner I heard our server complaining to another cast member about her "cheap table". At that point I'd had it. I confronted her and told her that my friends really didn't have enough money for everyone to order a full lunch but that I had convinced them that sharing appetizers, entrees, and desserts was perfectly acceptable at WDW and that lunch there would be part of our day's fun. Then I told her that I seriously regretted bringing them to this restaurant (that my family had enjoyed on numerous occasions) and that we would not likely be back. Or if we did return, we would request another server. She looked a little sheepish and was much kinder to our friends after that but the damage had been done.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I ask the OP what places you shared for CS? My family is leaving for our trip in just under a month and will be on the CS plan. I know my DS who is an adult by disney standards will not finish a meal (he never does at home I swear he eats like a bird) and I have cut back on my eating as well as I am "trying" to eat less and lose some weight. I am curious which places are best for sharing CS meals Thanks in advance.

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

BelleBeauty Guest

How terrible! Though I am sure it is just isolated incidents, I did notice that the servers didn't have the same "magic" that they've had in the past. I think with the DDP and free dining and all of the changes in the past few years they are stretched thin. I also think that the way they show the bills now is confusing and even when we were trying to tip well on DDP meals, I got confused and was worried that I might have read the wrong total number to tip off of. That is no reason to ever treat any guest differently because they all don't want an entree! But I do understand it must be stressful for servers in WDW right now.

Post Thanks / Like

We split meals at all CS locations unless we are both starving. That way we can eat at many places with smaller meals so we don't feel bloated and uncomfortable.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up being allowed to Split meals at 50s Prime time and Sci-Fi Dine In with no problems.

Our only issue came at Via Napoli where we were stuffed, it was late at night and we just wanted to use 1TS credit between the two of us.... the waitress said that is "NOT ALLOWED HERE" so we ended up sharing a small pizza OOP (which would have been the same price as the tip on the dining plan for two of us haha) and left. I have had better pizza around home so its no loss if we never go back to via napoli
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a server and I would have never had the nerve to talk to someone like that. It's not like they don't get a ton of business. most restaurants are packed all of the time, and having dinner at a restaurant is about the experience, not about how much money you are worried about allocating for a tip or spending. Not only that but it hurts the restaurants reputation and I am sure if you sent a comment about him in particular the manager will be reading it and letting him know.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Kelly View Post
    We split meals at all CS locations unless we are both starving. That way we can eat at many places with smaller meals so we don't feel bloated and uncomfortable.
    We do this too, say what you want about Disney prices but portions are rarely an issues especially at CS places. DH and I split meals all of the time and we both eat decently..
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

We had amazing service at Citricos. They went above and beyond, and made us want to go back. We had a terrible meal and service at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Experiences will vary.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: