Quantcast 2000th post Dining Game!! Your best meal at CRT.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2000th post Dining Game!! Your best meal at CRT.

In honor of my 2000th post, I thought I would start a new game of sorts. I am in the beginning stages of planning our Oct 2012 trip and we want to try some new restaurants and some oldies (ones we haven't been to in 6+ years).

Every few days or so, I think I'll pick a restaurant and you post your favorite meal, food item, memory, food review, server, ambiance, etc.

This week, Cinderella's Royal Table. We have not eaten here since 2004. We plan on eating here again next October as my girls will be old enough to enjoy it and we will be going with friends and cousins that also have little girls going for their first time.

My favorite meal there was in 2003 when we were on a 3 BFF couples (dual income no kid days) and had the SPECTACULAR Queen Cut Prime Rib. The Aus Jus and the horsey sauce.... and the mashed potato goodness it came with . After stuffing ourselves to no end, we walked out of the castle and watched Wishes from the bridge to Tomorrowland. PERFECT!

What was your CRT story?
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Best meal at CRT... New Year's Eve 2004, with my Mom, Dad, Grandpa and two sisters. I can't really remember what I ate, I know it was good, but the memory of the meal will never leave me. It was an amazing night, marred only by the fact that as '20 somethings' my sisters and I couldn't drink on NYE - we still had an awesome night... Wonderful last trip with my Grandpa, who passed in 2006.

I do have a worst meal at CRT story too, but that's for another thread....
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there in 2005 before it required two credits on the dining plan. I would really say this experience is worth trying at least once. The castle is beautiful and the CM's call you princess or my lady...it is so cool. I don't remember everything we had but we all liked our meals. I remember it was some sort of seafood bisque or stew. It had shrimp, fish, and scallops in a thick cream broth and was absolutely delicious. Glad we got to try it once

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that everytime I go there, the best meal is the one my wife is having. For some reason, I never get Major Domo's Pot Pie. My wife always raves over it while I sit and complain that my salmon is not worth the 2 credits.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed breakfast there with my best friend on our trip. The breakfast bread basket was awesome, the food was hot and fresh and the princess interactions were great!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

My best meal there was the "healthy" breakfast... it was a huge bowl of fresh berries, topped with yogurt that had been bruléed and was served a side of really good granola. Good stuff!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ate at CRT first time in 1982 - was delicious! Again in 2001, it was eh. My steak was good, but everyone else's food was sub par.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Our best meal to date there (and only time there) was on our 1 year Engagement Anniversary on 10.16.10.....

But I hope that our 1 month Wedding Anniversary on 12.12.11 will top that one

However we will also be trying the breakfast on 12.10.11, so that might be awesome too
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to those who have posted before me and to those who will post after, but my story is definitely the best .

My best(and only until 2 weeks from tonight) trip to Cinderella's Castle was absolutely magical! It was in September of 2010 and it was my first trip ever to Disney World. My husband(boyfriend at the time) took me because he knew I was dying to go and never had(my parents aren't big travelers).

I loved meeting all of the princesses and the food was amazing. We both had the prime rib with the duchess potatoes(I'm pretty sure that's what they were called).

But the best part of the meal was when right before dessert, my husband got down on one knee in front of the whole restaurant and proposed. It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Because we got engaged we got a special dessert. It was a white chocolate slipper filled with chocolate mousse on top of a flat cake of some sort with fresh fruit and chocolate sauce(and the plates had "happily ever after" written on them in chocolate).

We also got special "champagne"(I think it was sprite mixed with some sort of fruit juice) and two special wine flutes that have "Cinderella's Royal Table" engraved on them as well as a glass slipper with our names and the date engraved on it.

It was truly a night I will never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

We've only been once, so I guess that was our "best"! That day in the park was pouring rain, so we came in drenched. Although busy and chaotic, we had great service and a warm meal, so it would have been a hit regardless. We were there for lunch, and I don't remember what we had - but for me the golden moment was when there was a cloud of something sparkly released...I can't even quite remember - but coincidentally I was taking a picture of my daughter at just that moment, so instead of a typical "posed" shot, I got an unexpected look of wide-eyed amazement!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: