Quantcast POR-new pics of AB room

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default POR-new pics of AB room

I was looking at an unofficial site for POR and some pics are out of the new AB section rooms. As a family of five we were interested in how the new 5th bed would look..very nice. Also the large tv cabinet is gone so the room looks larger to us..They also replaced the 2 seperate sinks with one whole vanity top..also nice...This is our favorite Mod so we look forward to seeing these changes in person.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Found 'em. Those are awesome! I love the extra seating when the bed's not in use. Can't wait to try these out.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there next week! I hope we get one of these rooms.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks amazing! Can't wait to stay there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    I was looking at an unofficial site for POR and some pics are out of the new AB section rooms. As a family of five we were interested in how the new 5th bed would look..very nice. Also the large tv cabinet is gone so the room looks larger to us..They also replaced the 2 seperate sinks with one whole vanity top..also nice...This is our favorite Mod so we look forward to seeing these changes in person.
    We will be staying there next June and I am curious as to what the new rooms look like. Can you tell me where to go to see?

Thanks!
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pictures. makes me want to stay there one of these trips...
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

ok Im confused - is the new bench seating where the mattress is for the 5th person now instead of being under the bed???? We stayed here before and I loved the idea of 5 in a room, however this extra"bed" being up this high worries me a little! its meant for smaller kids, but that's a distance for a little one to fall!

Or am I totally missing something here?

Disneyfan328
    Pittsburgh PA
    3/97 - All Star Music
    9/07 Port Orleans Riverside
    May 2009All Star Movie~Wedding Anniversary!
    January 2012 All Star Movies
    December 2013 - All Star Movies to celebrate birthdays!
    Planning our December 2015 "Paige's Sweet 16" Birthday Trip -Art of Animation!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe this is supposed to replace the trundle under the one bed. Maybe that cushion from the bench can be placed on the floor in case a little one roles off. You make a valid point. I had not considered this because I'll have an older child sleeping there.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think that hanging rack over the coffee area is inappropriately placed? It seems to me anything you hang there will greatly interfere with the coffee machine, cups, etc. Perhaps they should have put it on the other side of the TV.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by We LOVE Disney View Post
    We will be staying there next June and I am curious as to what the new rooms look like. Can you tell me where to go to see?

Thanks!
    I just do a search with Port Orleans in it and this un-official site pops up. I believe it was on the first page of the site.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Hint...the address for the site is the same as the name of the resorts...without the "riverside" or "french quarter" designations...

Why is it exactly that we can't post URLs for other sites on here? Is Intercot worried that it will drive traffic away from Intercot? There are simply some things that Intercot doesn't have on their site. If it's not here, i'm going to look for it elsewhere, i'm not going to simply think that it doesn't exist. But I love Intercot for many reasons, and it is my first stop for all things Disney before I go looking elsewhere.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

The rooms look really nice! I am wondering if the bed is the same size as before. Does it look a little bigger? I too have concerns about my child falling off of it. Will probably have to put some chairs next to it. My kids saw the pictures and were all fighting over who had to sleep on it - none of them wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Hint...the address for the site is the same as the name of the resorts...without the "riverside" or "french quarter" designations...

Why is it exactly that we can't post URLs for other sites on here? Is Intercot worried that it will drive traffic away from Intercot? There are simply some things that Intercot doesn't have on their site. If it's not here, i'm going to look for it elsewhere, i'm not going to simply think that it doesn't exist. But I love Intercot for many reasons, and it is my first stop for all things Disney before I go looking elsewhere.
    The reason is that we're a family friendly website and we can't police every link that would be posted.

Likewise, allowing links invites website owners, promoters and link services to come here and promote their products which isn't fair to our advertisers - people who pay money to be here. I'm not going to have folks turn the website into a big mess of links or self promotion.

PLUS - 3/4 of the time - stuff that people link to, we already have on the site. You'd be suprised how much is here - especially in info central.

Sure, we aren't going to have everything but if there is a major area we're not covering, shoot me or any staff member an email and we'll see what we can do and whether we should be covering it or how we can fit it into the site. In that case, you help us get better by finding our weaknesses.

Of course, I assume most folks know how to google if they can't locate a piece of information here on the site too...

Anyway, it's long been our policy and it's worked for the last 15 years - so I don't see us changing it now.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzie View Post
    I just do a search with Port Orleans in it and this un-official site pops up. I believe it was on the first page of the site.
    Thanks, got it
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

The new bed looks awesome! My kids are all fighting who gets the new bed next time we go. It looks high, but not any higher than the regular beds we all sleep in anyway. I think it's just because it's smaller that it looks higher maybe? If you picture it with a regular size mattress, a boxspring, and a frame underneath, it looks about right. My kids beds are about that anyway. We used the trundle last year, and it was nice to have the extra bed, but it took the kids a little getting used to not being able to hop off that side of the bed in the middle of the night or even in the morning. We heard a few "owws" from the kiddos getting stepped on every now and then. I like the new vanity too! It was so hard to balance the curling irons, makeup bags, cups, soap, etc on those pedistal sinks and that little shelf. I sure hope we get a remodeled room when we go next December. Hopefully they'll all be done by then?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The reason is that we're a family friendly website and we can't police every link that would be posted.

Likewise, allowing links invites website owners, promoters and link services to come here and promote their products which isn't fair to our advertisers - people who pay money to be here. I'm not going to have folks turn the website into a big mess of links or self promotion.

PLUS - 3/4 of the time - stuff that people link to, we already have on the site. You'd be suprised how much is here - especially in info central.
    OK, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Anyway, it's long been our policy and it's worked for the last 15 years - so I don't see us changing it now.
    I wouldn't expect you to.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: